The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

Stop suggesting Vieira ffs </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

back a few pages, i said i'd buy a liverpool shirt if we signed vieira

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Craig[EVE]:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by wakeyrocket:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Father Senegal:

I never realised this waheyrocket chap was a manc, slighly redresses the manc/scouse **** ratio on OTF </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This bloke really gripes me, go and stand outside Highbury & **** away at what used to be because you'll never see any silverware at your new ground. Now SC has left & Ashley Cole is on his way you'll be a foreign legion in the EPL you should be ashamed. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You still haven't responded to my Johnson post, about his in ability to score goals icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'll admit he can score goals but gloating about having Johnson rather than RVN is simply no comparison. He is too injury prone

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

Matt, don't forget to text me team news/signings. ta icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No probs, I'll text it to you or Nick so you'll get it either way.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

that's bizzare...why bother with the loan then? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

To guarantee him being our player this season, with the knock on effect of Foster being able to leave on loan straight away, even if we can't agree on the fee yet?

So the money comes out of next years transfer budget?

Neither hugely credible, but it's all i can think of at the minute.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JulesMUFC:

oh if someone else is driving that is fb as coaches are slow and annoying.

where are you sitting for sperz? t3 icon_cool.gif > stretford end. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

rubbish

I'm in Stretford End icon_cool.gif

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

Would depend on a number of things for me, are we talking a fit Ruud who hadn't been dropped for the cup final, or the destroyed Ruud that we saw at the end of last year?

All in all I'd blatantly still have Ruud though, he has shown that he can still do it for Real and they aren't doing too bad themselves are they? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Jesus wept Mika, i know you're a Ruud fan and all, but are you really trying to say that being dropped for one game, even a cup final, was enough to 'destroy' Ruud? Do you really think he's that mentally fragile?

As for the hypothetical, it's Ruud today, on the assumption that he and Fergie were both to say no hard feelings.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

3 points on Saturday>>>>winning the carling cup.

fact. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm greedy, I want both.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by manu legend:

who are man u fella? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

is that question aimed at me? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Manchester United- meant to right man utd.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ladle:

oh and btw, Bestie fivers promised to RedBlood, deanb291186, Coldberg and BBB icon14.gif might have one more as well </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Legend :*)

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hero of the Day:

The united lads at the christmas party, bloody awesome, wes brown and gary neville leading the chants, plenty of scouse and hate and ole and roy love icon14.gif : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arnFD9e-C8k </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

that is so fckin icon_cool.gif

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scatter:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Pires777:

teehee icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Look mate i didnt even think of you as this ****ing brain dead but you are laughing at us for drawing on the back of losing 1-0 to Sheff Utd who had their midfielder in goal. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

go taz \o/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Some of your boys, mainly rcjkej;rklj were in our thread yesterday. Just returning the favor icon14.gif

Maybe charlton will play an unknown 12 yr old CB at LB and he will score a hattrick against us icon_smile.gif

Erm maybe. could have sowrn it was the South stand at some point.

Thinking about it though the posh advertising boards are round the North stand.

Our fans are rubbish anyway. Point the camers at the stretty. Don't care if you cannot see half the pitch.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Weststandred:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Fulham v Manchester United, Saturday 24 February, kick off 12:45pm.

We will receive an allocation of approximately 3800 tickets priced £45 adults, £30 over 65’s and under 21’s and £20 under 17’s.

Executive members can now apply for tickets by telephoning the ticket order line during a designated period of time, for the Fulham game this is 9am to 5pm from Monday 15 January through Friday 19 January, for the time being we will continue to accept postal applications, the same deadline applies, late applications will not be accepted under any circumstancesand it is important to apply by one method of application only.

Additionally Season Ticket holders who purchased a seat for the following 4 home cup games: Celtic, Copenhagen, Benfica and Aston Villa, are invited to register an application for this game by calling the 24 hour Ticket Order Line on 0870 442 1999 from 9am on Monday 22 January through to 5pm on Tuesday 23 January. Please note that this is a 24 hour service and tickets are not allocated on a first come first served basis.

All payments must be made by credit/debit card, however please note if successful an administration fee of 3% per transaction is charged for this service.

COACH TRAVEL TO CRAVEN COTTAGE

Executive Coach £27

Depart Car Park N2 6:00am

Est. return to Old Trafford 7:00pm

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

3800 - decent allocation

adults £45 - rip off (as per usual)

U17s £20 - pretty cheap, not sure if i'm applying though. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Anyone wants to sit in the home stand at Fulham then let me know, I could well pick up a couple of tickets...

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

From ages ago

UNITED

Reading H - 3 3

Newcastle A - 3 1

Villa H - 3 3

Arsenal A - 0 0

Watford H - 3

Spurs A - 3

Charlton H - 3

Fulham A - 3

Liverpool A - 0

Bolton H - 3

Blackburn H - 3

Portsmouth A - 1

Sheffield Utd H - 3

Chelsea A - 0

Boro H - 3

Everton A - 3

City A - 3

West Ham H - 3

Total 43 (50) - 93 91

CHELSEA

Fulham H - 3 1

Villa A - 3 1

Wigan H - 3 3

Liverpool A - 1 0

Blackburn H - 3

Charlton A - 3

Boro H - 3

Man City A - 3

Portsmouth A - 3

Shef U H - 3

Watford A - 3

Spurs H - 3

West Ham A - 3

Man Utd H - 3

Newcastle A - 3

Bolton H - 1

Arsenal A - 0

Everton H - 3

Total 47 (46) - 93 88

Erm, so yeah, I've now SOMEHOW got us winning the league by 3 points icon_confused.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>You have the rentboys winning 11 in a row

Can't see that

Also can't see us not losing to one of the rubbish teams

• 4 weeks later...

Lads, I might be relocating to Leeds icon_redface.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Whisper it quietly, but it's a ****ing great city :/

Don't wear United stuff on your way to the train to Manchester on match days though, the bastards'll get you even at 10 on a Sunday morning icon_mad.gif

Drawing with Lille away would be a great result considering how stupid our tactics are. I dont see why Fergie hasnt seen where he is going wrong yet.

When we are playing teams we consider our lesser why dont we go 4-4-2 and let them worry about us a bit like we did Bolton earlier this season? We always look to go 4-5-1 and worry about their game which if anything is playing to our weaknesses.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

he's more use than Saha and more affordable than anyone else that'll be suggested. and he's not Jermain Defoe, which is always a bonus </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He might be a decent price of they go down. If they stay up it might be a different story. Haven't they already turned down a bid of ~£18m? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah, but i'd fancy that was a 'Bent is our only chance of staying up and netting the £30m guaranteed windfall next season, we sell him and we're doomed, ergo you're going to have to pay the most insane fee ever' kinda deal. bit of a different scenario in the summer. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

A bit different, but maybe not massively. They still know they won't be able to replace him with someone of similar quality, and they don't appear to be hugely in debt to the point of needing the money to stay afloat. I'm not saying they wouldn't have their price this time around, but given the inflated price for english players, i don't see him being a bargain, or that far off the prices we've seen bandied around for some european strikers.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived