The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think Jol's thinking that, no. Fair point in the first paragraph, but would it be worth us stagnating (assuming we don't bring anyone else in) just because there's a chance another team could also improve (when they've already improved through Zokora anyway)?

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by wakeyrocket:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

wakeyrocket did you get my email? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Indeed i dont get paid till next monday tho fella </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

nice wan icon_smile.gif

twat off fergie you twat

twat off season

twat off everything

twat

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

Are you arguing with yourself ACou? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sort of.

Trying to work out in my mind if I should bother having ANY hope at all.

Even if it's not based on any actual facts but just to get me through the next few days, postponing the misery of still facing an O'Shea laden midfield whenever Carrick is out.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

What's with all the essay writing? I've not bothered reading half the posts on the last couple of pages icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I can't believe it either, especially when you realise that its neither you or I thats been contributing!

As far as the squads comparison's go, I said it a few days ago and I'll say it again, none of the squads, even Chelsea's this year, are imperious or completely balanced.

Finally, Manchester has plenty of good days weather wise. Yesterday for instance - not glaring sunshine by any means but relatively pleasant despite the dullness. Admittedly I was only up for about 4-5 hours but no rain while I was there.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by H.O.V.I:

If its a choice between club and country then arsenal will always win but when england play i support.

anyway we have no more england players in the team so i am fine icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Theeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeo. We have the second most important one for the future of English football tbh.

on holidays in England in late 1994, United were on TV playing someone in blue (Blackburn or Everton I think). My AFL team wore red and black, United had the same colours on so I picked them and away we went.

Senna has signed a new deal at Villareal as well, so no new move for him or if there is it'll cost a lot more.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Young Jimlad:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

So who do people want as the midfield two for the Celtic game? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm not sure that there's an easy answer to that for me. I don't think that its as straightforward as just saying Scholes & Carrick right off the bat. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's why I asked it icon_biggrin.gif

Nick got jealous that Martin & Keit hwere spending so many nights together before games.

With regards to the TO, it's open up until & after kickoff.

If you get to town at 2pm then that will be plenty of time to get on a tram.

If you get o na tram to Altrincham yo uget off at the Old Trafford stop (obviously). However you can get on an Eccles tram & get off at Exchange Quay.

It's pretty much the same distance to the ground.

Word of wraning. The TO is a total shambles now. I got cut off 3 times this morning/afternoon when on hold. I turned up at the building & had to wait 10 minutes for someone to come & see me. There was nobody there, was like a ghost town.

As for being too polite, push push & push some more to get on those trams. There is always more room. Unless of course Celtic are in town in which case you just get crushed as the throwbacks start shoulder charging the tram to get more skinheaded ****heads on.

• 1 month later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

Am I the only one who didn't think that we were THAT bad? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We were, took us 70mins to realise we were not going to realise our formation from the start wernt working.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Weststandred:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

would do, there's one in salford that shows pretty much every game, but i'm too ill to move from the sofa </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Gillete Soccer Saturday for you then? Looking at Phil Thompson's nose all day = painful. icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

there are other ways.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And I would do anything for love, I'd run right into hell and back

I would do anything for love, I'll never lie to you and that's a fact

But I'll never forget the way you feel right now, oh no, no way

And I would do anything for love, but I won't do that, I won't do that

Anything for love, oh I would do anything for love

I would do anything for love, but I won't do that, oh I won't do that

Some days it don't come easy, and some days it don't come hard

Some days it don't come at all, and these are the days that never end

Some nights you're breathing fire, and some nights you're carved in ice

Some nights you're like nothing I've ever seen before or will again

Maybe I'm crazy, but it's crazy and it's true

I know you can save me, no one else can save me now but you

As long as the planets are turning, as long as the stars are burning

As long as your dreams are coming true, you better believe it

That I would do anything for love, and I'll be there til the final act

I would do anything for love, and I'll take a vow and seal a pact

But I'll never forgive myself if we don't go all the way tonight

And I would do anything for love, oh I would do anything for love

Oh I would do anything for love, but I won't do that, no I won't do that

I would do anything for love, anything you've been dreaming of

But I just won't do that

(repeats 3x)

(Solo)

Some days I pray for silence, and somedays I pray for soul

Some days I just pray to the God of Sex and Drums and Rock 'N Roll

Some nights I lose the feeling, and some nights I lose control

Some nights I just lose it all when I watch you dance and the thunder rolls

Maybe I'm lonely and that's all I'm qualified to be

There's just one and only, the one and only promise I can keep

As long as the wheels are turning, as long as the fires are burning

As long as your prayers are coming true, you better believe it

That I would do anything for love, and you know it's true and that's a fact

I would do anything for love, and there'll never be no turning back

But I'll never do it better than I do it with you, so long, so long

I would do anything for love, but I won't do that, no no no I won't do that

I would do anything for love, anything you've been dreaming of

But I just won't do that

(repeats 7x)

But I'll never stop dreaming of you every night of my life, no way

I would do anything for love, but I won't do that, no I won't do that

[Girl:] Will you raise me up, will you help me down?

Will you get me right out of this Godforsaken town?

Will you make it all a little less cold?

[boy:] I can do that! I can do that!

[Girl:] Will you hold me sacred? Will you hold me tight?

Can you colorize my life, I'm so sick of black and white?

Can you make it all a little less old?

[boy:] I can do that! Oh oh, now I can do that!

[Girl:] Will you make me some magic, with your own two hands?

Can you build an emerald city with these grains of sand?

Can you give me something I can take home?

[boy:] I can do that! Oh oh now, I can do that!

[Girl:] Will you cater to every fantasy I got?

Will ya hose me down with holy water, if I get too hot?

Will you take me places I've never known?

[boy:] I can do that! Oh oh now, I can do that!

[Girl:] After a while you'll forget everything

It was a brief interlude and a midsummer night's fling

And you'll see that it's time to move on

[boy:] I won't do that! No I won't do that!

[Girl:] I know the territory, I've been around

It'll all turn to dust and we'll all fall down

And sooner or later, you'll be screwing around

[boy:] I won't do that! No I won't do that!

Anything for love, oh I would do anything for love

I would do anything for love, but I won't do that, no I won't do that

ignoring hairwad and his quite frankly outstanding display of mongery, couple of things about tonight:

1) a couple in front of me decided to leave with EIGHTEEN minutes left. jesus actually shed several tears

2) unless i was more drunk than i thought and hallucinated it, i swear i saw a bloke outside the away end in a liverpool hat and liverpool scarf, asking a copper how to get back to liverpool :/

3) i saw the original lee martin on my way in to the ground. if i hadn't been in such a rush, i'd have got his autograph. scorer of the goal that won the first trophy in my united supporting lifetime :*)

4) where i was sat, i had four pensioners on my left who may well have actually been dead for all the noise/movement coming from them, and on my right was a bloke with a very fancy camera who spent literally the whole ****ing game taking pictures. i was willing him to drop it, sadly he didn't.

I quite agree with that guy about the Vidic celebration. The only one i've seen that was worse in recent times was that disgusting Alan Shearer one, where raising his arm was clearly an attempt to mock the thousands of people who've lost limbs in conflicts throughout the world.

• 2 weeks later...

haha I'm so not going into the match thread. I can only imagine the presence of Pires/slimsavery made it WONDERFUL though.

Anyway we were crap. And I saw this result coming a mile off. New manager syndrome f**king sucks.

People may look at this as the turning point weekend in the season, showing why Chelsea will win the league and we cant. At the same time - provided we get over this defeat and get a win away to Villa next game there's no reason why we cant keep pushing Chelsea for a while yet.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

here's a question

list all the players who have officially worn each 1-11 squad number since they were introduced. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i'm gonna go with this. not entirely sure about 5 & 6, but I'm sure Blanc switched from one to the other when we signed Rio.

1 - Schmeichel, Bosnich, Barthez, van der Sar

2 - Parker, Neville G

3 - Irwin, Neville P, Evra

4 - Bruce, May, Veron, Heinze

5 - Sharpe, Johnsen, Blanc, Ferdinand

6 - Pallister, Stam, Blanc, Brown

7 - Cantona, Beckham, Ronaldo

8 - Ince, Butt, Rooney

9 - McClair, Cole, Saha

10 - Hughes, Beckham, Sheringham, van Nistelrooy

11 - Giggs

• 3 weeks later...

a combination of the lot, we do seem to slow down when 1 or 2 up in the last 20 minutes. But I think we just let our centration slip as we feel we are almost there. But there is also so luck involved. Take Arsenal's first, two occasions could have gone our way, firstly when there was a scramble between the 4 players on the far side, the ball could have bounced out of that in our favour, then Van Persie has managed to slip the ball just inside the post, another time it could easily have hit the side netting.

• 4 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Young Jimlad:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

Cheers ACou, cheers for reminding me, the subs.

I actually thought both made sense:

- We were losing the ball all over the pitch and taking off Richardson and, lets say Park, based on the performances they gave wasn't going to stop Readings momentum.

It would let us counter them with some actual purpose rather than just running into their defenders/giving the ball back immediately though

- Saha had been kicked to bits and given his lack of match time looked like he was running on empty, so Rooney on made sense. By the 75th minute Ole's legs couldn't match his desire anymore and my only gripe is that Fergie waited 10mins too long to make the change. Richardson was terrible but as far as keeping up with Reading players bombing forward he at least had legs to do so, and with us holding on it can be argued that it was less of a handicap.

dont mind Rooney on for Saha but please dont defend Richardson in any way after that 90 minutes.. he once again looked like a non-league player </div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

First point can be argued either way IMO, I personally don't think the tide would have turned.

Second point I stand by, if Richardon's fitness and speed are his only redeeming factors and Ole's legs aren't helping the cause defensively then him staying on is better than worse if only for him to be able to randomly get in the way of players coming forward, which he did do a couple of times.

Its not defending Richardson to say he's more able cannon-fodder... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Okay he stood in the way twice. And both occasions literally did JUST stand there, about 5 yards away from the player, not even LOOKING to put in a tackle.

He needs to be put down. Now.

Keanooooooo on Jonny Evans:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">“He’s a clever lad, who could play well anywhere. Sometimes he goes into midfield during training and he holds his own there. We know deep down he’ll be going back to United and I wouldn’t be surprised if he went on to become a top player there. He’s that good.†</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

and something that might be of interest to the Londoners in here:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">from Arsenal's website

'Arsenal and Manchester United will go head to head for a place in the FA Youth Cup Final.

Steve Bould's side earned their spot in the last four with a 3-2 victory over Cardiff City on Monday night and United joined their old rivals in the Semi Finals after beating Birmingham City 2-0 on Wednesday.

The mouthwatering two-legged clash kicks off at Emirates Stadium with the return leg scheduled to take place at Old Trafford. The first leg will take place as below:

Arsenal v Manchester United

FA Youth Cup Semi Final First Leg

Emirates Stadium

Wednesday 14th March 2007

Kick Off 7pm </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

seems to be plenty of united fans going, would be good to get a decent crowd down there. quite tempted myself, probably the only realistic chance of seeing United at the Emirates any time soon

• 4 weeks later...

Is Nick capable of geting up early enough next week for the semi??

Mart was insisting of being in Brium by 12 at the latest the other day but he's got fat chance of that occuring.

• 2 weeks later...

Shelton last night reminded me of that performance by Wanchope against us for Derby, minus the finishing of course.

Not particularly in terms of style, just in the way it was an unknown (in premiership terms) striker being brought in for a club we should have beaten comfortably for one of his first starts, and absolutely terrorising our defence.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by nistelrooy_uk_10:

I just can't see us not scoring.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

:*)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rcjuk:

you dt's better not block up the roads for this match.

WHERE WERE YOU WHEN WE WERE PLAYING WATFORD </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Working. And I only use trains/trams

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

imo this looks rather good/first choice

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

Vds

Neville Rio Vidic Evra

Hargreaves Carrick

Scholes

Ronaldo Nani

Rooney

</pre>

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

formidable icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Rather floats my boat, too.

Nani coming means Homohair can go to Uncle Robbo. icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

you know exactly what I mean. Every time you look at a photo of yourself (or look in the mirror) surely you must notice the Downsesque characteristics you exhibit...its not standard extreme ugliness dude. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know what you meant and you know that i kjnow what i meant.

Someone had to post it and Keyser aint about.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

My hunch is he'll complaing about the 'h' before the lower case 'j', but i think it's even money. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

At least you know what you have done wrong. It's a start.

Oh & it's quite amusing watching everybody tiptoeing around in here so as not to offend anyone or start an argument icon_biggrin.gif

This Ruud stuff now is even better than the original arguments icon_biggrin.gif

Archived