The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Daaaaave:

Manchester United Line-Up next season

Van Der Sarr

Neville/Rio/Vidic/Heinze

Mascherano £15m

Lennon £13m/Scholes/Giggs

Rooney/Torres(the new baby faced assasin) £25

Other Signings will be:

Kerlon £8m (loaned out)

Muntari £6m (used mainly as a sub for Scholes)

Nolan £5m (most likely in January though)

Young £5m (January or next summer)

Outs:

Ruud £10m (PSV or Bayern)

Ronaldo £22m (Real Madrid)

Silvestre £4m (Lyon or Marseille)

Rossi £loan (Rangers or Pompey)

Milner £2m (Watford)

LOLZ!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif Yep, I'd laugh at that.

Then I'd laugh my socks off at Liverpool's front line - Bellamy £6m Bent/Kujit £9.5m icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> THE war of words between Wayne Rooney and Cristiano Ronaldo raged on last night — after a peace bid brokered by Sir Alex Ferguson appeared to backfire.

And angry England striker Rooney — dubbed Wazza by pals — has confided to team-mates that “The only way he would like to bury the hatchet is in Ronaldo’s head.â€

The two Man Utd colleagues were urged yesterday to privately settle the row sparked on Saturday when Portuguese winger Ronaldo appeared to beg the ref to send Rooney off during England’s World Cup quarter-final defeat.

Club manager Sir Alex insisted it was for the sake of United’s future hopes of Premiership glory.

But Rooney, 20, was further infuriated when cheeky Portugeezer Ronaldo claimed on a website his red-carded rival had CONGRATULATED him after the match — and wished him well in the World Cup.

And rather than healing the wounds, the pair’s rift opened wider last night as raging Rooney issued a thinly-veiled statement revealing his agony at his dismissal.

Commenting at length for the first time since he was forced from the field in Gelsenkirchen, Germany, the shattered star claimed he was “gobsmacked†to be sent off.

He denied fouling Portugal defender Ricardo Carvalho and insisted it was the Chelsea man who should have been penalised.

And he branded many other World Cup stars divers — a direct slap in the face for Ronaldo.

The £30million striker also insisted he bore “no ill-feeling to Cristiano†but was “disappointed that he chose to get involvedâ€.

That line was a direct refusal to make peace with his club-mate and a barely-concealed dig.

Earlier, Rooney had reluctantly agreed to send 21-year-old Ronaldo a brief text after Sir Alex told them to patch things up.

The Utd supremo told both stars they were “vital†ingredients in his recipe for bringing the Premiership title to Old Trafford.

But Rooney — who had previously threatened to split Ronaldo in two with a pickaxe — was incensed after he learned Ronaldo had over-exaggerated his words and posted a toe-curling tribute to their “friendship†on the internet.

Last night a club source said: “Wayne couldn’t believe it when he heard this. It’s driving him mad — he is still spitting. He sent a brief text after he was asked to make peace with Ronaldo — even though Ferguson has been telling everyone he can see why Wayne would want to punch Christano and settle the score. Ferguson can definitely see Wayne’s point of view.

“He was still seething yesterday — and then to make matters worse he hears that Ronaldo is calling them the best of buddies.†In his statement, issued at 6pm yesterday, Rooney insisted he had not intentionally put his foot down on defender Carvalho. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keyser:

take it into another thread, arseholes. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

someone's dentures are a little loose this morning :*) fixadent or forget it

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

But my Mika t-shirt will act as identification so he'll know who I am icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I will possibly be able to work out who you are without the Mika shirt due to a process of elimination. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

But maybe we'll get a load of new people from the thread going for this new season icon14.gif..:/

i think gerrard was comfortably one of england's best players during the world cup, not that that's saying much. and even then he wasn't very influential or as good as he is for liverpool. but his level of performance was acceptable enough.

shame he absolutely bottled it and then decided to use ronaldo as a scapegoat for his own shortcomings

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by theis:

Does the creator have the ability to ban people? icon_mad.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keyser:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

I did, but I soon realised they were unrealistic and bitter-esque. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yet failed to share it with the rest of us ffs? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Everyone was ignoring it anyway icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

shame on you all anyway

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

Indeed, it would have been the cause of muchos tension. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Have you crossed out her entry in your calendar then?

Is it wrong I wanted a horse to kick a Celtic supporter in the face o nthe way out?

The entrance to the away fans coach park was guarded by the police. Police jeps either side with two horses flanking the jeeps.

One of the horses basically starting to stress out & the woman on it is shouting "Don't walk behind the horse please" which is basically like saying 'don't press the red button'. So al lthese idiot Celtic fans walk behind this huge white horse on purpose icon_biggrin.gif Then some complete tit walks under it. Yes under it. Through its damn legs.

Unfortunately the horse calmed down & nobody was killed/injured.

Oh & am I going to hell for having a little chuckle when I walked past the disabled entrance & saw that it's called "ability suite" icon_frown.gif

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

Surely given his 'lifestyle choice', technically he has removed himself from the gene pool? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There's a link between pie consumption and fertility is there? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was assuming Keyser to be the exception that proved the rule.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

I've always wondered how good Ronaldo would be through the middle, I've always had a hunch that he could be great in that role. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Indeed I think he could be too. Such are his attributes he could be effective in some way anywhere in the attacking line up.

But with our squad setup there's no doubting the wide areas are where he should be kept for now. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah of course.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So yeah, thoughts are pretty obvious to be honest, thank God that they scored early, did us a massive favour.

And a special mention to Carrick, but for his intervention it would have been 0-2 and big trouble. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

While that's true, why no mention for the fact that he was the most culpable for their goal?

• 2 weeks later...

Yep, from the Lille site:

Le LOSC souhaite aujourd’hui annoncer à ses supporters, à ses partenaires ainsi qu’à l’ensemble du public du Nord-pas-de-Calais qu’il a choisi de disputer son huitième de finale d’ UEFA Champions League au stade Félix Bollaert de Lens.

It's about a 45,000 capacity isn't it? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just under 42,000

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Larsson elated by debut goal

Henrik Larsson was predictably delighted to have scored on his United debut as the Reds knocked Aston Villa out of the FA Cup.

The Swede turned in an outstanding 75-minute display, capped with a superb opening goal at the start of the second half.

After the game he told MUTV: "To make my debut, score a goal and win the game as well with a great goal from Ole, I'm very happy at the moment.

"I was happy to see it go in because I had a few chances in the first half which perhaps I could have done a little bit better with.

"But that's the way it is as a striker; some days everything goes in, some days a little less. But I was pleased to see that goal go in."

The veteran striker, on loan for 10 weeks from Helsingborgs, admitted making his bow in front of a packed Old Trafford was a special occasion.

"You expect a lot," he said. "But when you're running out and you see all the stands full it's fantastic.

"That's what you want to play football in, and in front of as many people as possible. Here there was over 70,000 and it was fantastic."

Despite his outstanding display, Larsson was keen to maintain modesty and pay tribute to his new team-mates.

He said: "I always say it's easy to play with good players, and the whole team is full of good players, so it's fantastic and it's nice to have this one out of the way now so we can focus on the next game."

The Swede played down injury fears over his second half substitution, and hopes to improve his match fitness over the coming weeks.

"It was a high tempo game and something you have to get used to," he conceded."But I've been training a little bit more with the lads and that's going to help me.

"My leg was just cramping up a little bit when I was running down the channel, so I thought it was better to get some fresh legs out there." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Juni:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

oh great, pompey at home, ****ing hell, another game with daytrippers galore /o\ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

aw come on, Fred_The_Red will have fun </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nah see the last page, he'll be at Wolves.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 14AlanSmithifb:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RedBlood:

United > England banner was on the Stretford end </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

and should have stayed there. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>one complaint ffs icon_mad.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

oh and i dont think there is any way ruud should be in the top 10 in terms of influence on the ferguson era. you could argue he hindered it almost to the point of no return thanks to the unsuccessful change in system that saw us go from three times consecutive title winners to a team 'not playing the united way'

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James M:

i cant help but feel that even home first our attitude would be to not concede the away goal. so away first please, it's not pretty, but if we scrape every game 1-0 who cares? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I thought you won 3-1 away from home tonight?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Young Jimlad:

2nd Milan ballot success \o/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is there any way of finding where my tickets are in the ground before they arrive?

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by nistelrooy_uk_10:

so I sold my OCS ticket and I'm staying home to watch utd \o/

feeling pretty confident about tonight, we've got goals all through the side, and I just can't see us not scoring.

come onnnnnn icon_mad.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

True but I reckon we'll need to score twice and I can't see Milan not scoring tbh.

must have missed the bankruptcy order :*(

and the 10 point deduction for going into administration :*( :*( </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Suck it up fatty...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

wouldn't have saha near the bench, doesn't deserve it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why exactly? Hardly his decision to be constantly injured. And he did play a MAJOR role in our early season form.

Smith's been injured for just as much of the season, I don't see why he 'deserves' it more...

Archived