The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Is the impression i'm getting at the minute correct, that people are worried that this is distracting us from getting other players in? Because if that's the case, i think it's a groundless fear. I don't think trying to conduct more than one deal at a time would be any problem at all.

If it's the money issue, that's fair enough, that's my concern also.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Razor Eddie:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

fao razor eddie and james m

Stretty Tier 2 you're sat together

£30 each </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

IOU big. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You might not feel that way after 90 minutes sat next to me icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

He still is. KEEP THE FAITH.

(Alright, he's not. But at least he's better than Sissoko icon_cool.gif) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

so's every other centre midfielder.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

I'll never boo a player who wears the Manchester United home/away shirt. Better for you, you pedantic sod icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

the 3rd kit is fair game then? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

rot off icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

Mark is getting a ? icon_eek.gif

Breaking on SSN, the FA have got the reports on Rooney/Scholes. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

14 days from now is the Charlton game. Does that mean it's just in time to be banned for that, or just too late meaning a 3 game ban would include the Arsenal game?

Assuming they don't take into account the amsterdam game that was missed, of course.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by goon:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keyser:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by goon:

Not sure whats worse, joe_cole in general or people trying to prove he could have AS /o\ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

oh you're a lot worse </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

harsh icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

but fair, I feel.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gregg Carter:

Listen you little aussie *****. if you don't **** off. I'm going to get Marlow to give me your IP address. I'll find out where you live, catch the next flight to topsy turvey land, kick down your door, strangle the life out of you, break your neck, whap my **** out and **** all over your freshly dead corpse. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

buahaha carter you crazy welsh mofo. do you have a welsh accent? I hope so, i can so imagine you saying that in real life.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Hope Ole is fit for saturday. Flying in from Belgium to watch the game. Would love to see him in action live. Last time I was at OT was the FA cup against West Ham. 6-0 'hammerin' with Ruud and Ole scoring.

If not: is Smudger fit enough to play striker role?

Transfer window: out Sylvestre and O Shea please

in: Owen Hargreaves and any pacey winger.

That will do.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

Jonny's said what I'd have said - to judge him on a couple of games as part of effectively a reserve side is moronic. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

it is impossible to rule out anyone after 3 or 4 carling cup games but at the same time he did nothing in anyone of them to suggest he deserved a chance at a higher level.

Now his reserve team appearences were good and so were his loan moves but Fergie obviously has a reason why the awful Richardson has been given loads of chances and jones is being sold.

haha calm down sheep boy, I was browsing the first few pages to see if there was any retardness there.

Look you want Bellamy to do well, which means you want the vermin to do well, don't let the door hit your ass on the way out.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Good stuff, here's the story on it:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Ronaldo wins league award

Cristiano Ronaldo received a pre-match boost on Friday afternoon when he was named the Barclays Player of the Month for November.

The Portuguese winger scored in the first and last league games of the month - a stunning free-kick against Portsmouth on 4 November and the opening goal against Everton last week. He also helped the Reds to beat Blackburn and Sheffield United away and hold Chelsea at Old Trafford.

It's the second time in successive months that United have won the award. Last month, Paul Scholes and Sir Alex Ferguson did the double, winning the Barclays Player and Manager of the Month respectively.

Ronaldo will receive his award on the Old Trafford pitch prior to Saturday's match against Manchester City.

ManUtd.com's monthly awards are still open - go to www.manutd.com/polls on your PC to vote for United's best player and goal in November. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Couple of nice photos too:

Photo 1

Photo 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Schmeichel, VDS, Van Der Gouw

Bruce, Pallister, G.Neville, Irwin, Parker, Ferdinand, Stam, Parker

Keane, Giggs, Kanchelskis, Scholes, Beckham, Ronaldo, Sharpe

Cantona, Hughes, Van Nistelrooy, Solskjaer, Rooney

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Razor Eddie:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

think people are being a bit harsh on Wayne btw. he was poor first half but much better second half, when he deserved a goal on merit rather than just on effort.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Agree with Nick, here. icon14.gif

I don't think he's playing badly, just not getting the goals. It's not like he's not trying or anything. How many times has he smacked the woodwork in the last few games ? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's all well and good but I get the feeling from some people that he could run around on one leg wearing a Liverpool shirt and some people wouldn't criticise him.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scatter:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Young Jimlad:

"lets not hand it to em eh?" says the man who wanted O'Shea to stay in the middle of MF, Gabby at CB to replace Rio and Richardson at LB icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i haven't once been serious about the team selection in this game jim. icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am icon_cool.gif

• 2 weeks later...

he's harmless, shame deafparrot is a touting **** and moreclaw is, well, moreclaw </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Such high praise :*******)

• 4 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by No Longer Bling:

yeah a bit pathetic now. if we can get shot of him for a decent amount in the summer i would definitely take it. problem is that i cant see too many teams being willing to take a punt on him given how soft he is. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I can only think of one club dumb enough to take him, who he would get paid enough to go to and stupid enough to pay us good money...

Newcastle

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by theis:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Sir Matt Busby Player of the Year

1988/89 Bryan Robson

1989/90 Gary Pallister

1990/91 Mark Hughes

1991/92 Brian McClair

1992/93 Paul Ince

1993/94 Eric Cantona

1994/95 Andrei Kanchelskis

1995/96 Eric Cantona

1996/97 David Beckham

1997/98 Ryan Giggs

1998/99 Roy Keane

1999/00 Roy Keane

2000/01 Teddy Sheringham

2001/02 Ruud van Nistelrooy

2002/03 Ruud van Nistelrooy

2003/04 Cristiano Ronaldo

2004/05 Gabriel Heinze

2005/06 Wayne Rooney </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

One extremely notable omission from that list. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Assume you're talking about Schmeical? But it's a good point even if you're not...

Is this the award voted for by Man Utd supporters or what? Surprised that CRonaldo won it in 03/04, didn't actually know he'd been around (in England) that long.

Also surprised at Heinze winning one even though he's fffffffb.

• 3 weeks later...

Just got in from working a 12 hour shift that started at 6pm last night. When i left for work nothing was in the news.

To come home to see we have signed two of the best young midfielders in europe just so good. Not only suprise signings but to be wrapped up so quickly, this just isnt like Man Utd.

Hargreaves, Nani and Anderson just what we needed and completes a great midfield.

I'm back at work for another 12 hour shift that starts at 6 tonight but how am i meant to sleep now? I'm just as giddy as they come. The ear to ear smile will last until the season starts.

• 2 weeks later...

hmmm, we're aware that Fergie needs to sell in order to buy. We know we want a new striker. We think that Saha is 1st on the hitlist. We find out that Saha will be out for sometime (so becomes much harder to sell). At the same time Smith (who only has 1 year left on his contract IIRC) goes public in asking if he's a future at the club. Sounds like his agent is using the Saha situation to clear things up one way or another. Get a move or finalise the new contract. Either way Smith wins.

What I'm saying, is that this is Saha's fault.

Archived