The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Or, if you prefer;

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by snipersdream:

We've shipped him out to Nice for good, iirc. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nicely done.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Young Jimlad:

*snip*

Stuff about China

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was on the road to a long, long post, but realised I'd probably incur the wrath of the whole United thread if I did, so I stopped. My main point though is that no-one has any idea what'll happen in 60 years, particularly given the scope for instant communication and increasing erosion of national borders. My use of Soviet Russia was an attempt to emphasise how long a time 60 years is - that a power that helped shaped events across the world to an extent few had before came and went within that period. It wasn't meant as a direct comparison with China, which I agree would be very very simplistic.

Um, so yeah... in conclusion, buy Mascherano.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

shirt would've been far nicer without the gold stripe down each side anyway </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's a gold stripe, is it ? icon_smile.gif

Not seen one up close yet.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by snipersdream:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> BAGGIES REJECT KUSZCZAK OFFER

Posted 03/08/06 20:48

"We have had numerous talks with United and have told them any deal would have to include their highly-rated young striker, Giuseppe Rossi, joining us on loan for the season.

"However, United have told us Rossi will not be going out on loan this season.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So Rossi is staying this season in all likelihood - are we saying that he's ready for the first team, or that we're just that desparate for cover up front? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Fergie said we were planning to keep Rossi if we didn't get a replacement for Ruud, so it'd be more of column B but I'd imagine he'd get more games this year than he did last.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

WAYNE ROONEY will today escape a ban following his pre-season red card for Manchester United.

But Paul Scholes is to be hit with a three-match suspension for his sending off in the same game against Porto in Amsterdam.

An FA disciplinary commission will judge United’s appeal against both dismissals at lunchtime with a verdict expected around 3pm.

Rooney was sent off after jumping for a high ball and catching Porto player Pepe in the face with his forearm.

The commission will decide if the referee made a mistake sending him off.

It will look to see if the contact was intentional and violent, or minimal not warranting the red card.

SunSport understands the commission will be lenient as senior FA figures already believe the striker was hard done by.

Rooney has already publicly pleaded his innocence.

He said: “If you watch the video you will see I have not taken my eyes off the ball once.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm confused. I didn't watch the match just MOTD so I can't comment. But I don't know what to think.

The O'Shea lovers are saying he had a good game and stuff and Fletcher was useless.

The Fletcher lovers are raving about his performances in the 2nd half whilst berating O'shea for being useless. Who's telling the truth icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RedBlood:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

thats a point.. forgot about Rossi not being allowed to go on loan when WBA came a calling.. even though they were offering a cut price for the goalkeeper that we wanted.

so letting him go now SURELY means we will actually be getting someone.. of some position.. in tomorrow </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Or Fergie thought it was more benefit to the lad to send him to a europian chasing premiership side short on strikers? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So why did he send him to Newcastle?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Razor Eddie:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

Fletch having a stormer for the Scots </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Against the Faroe Islands. icon_biggrin.gif

Okay, I'm convinced.

Not. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He's had good games against Arsenal and Chelsea before too tbh. Some people are never convinced.

Fletcher iffffffffffffffffffb </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

because of that fluke header? icon_biggrin.gif

and tbh, I cant actually remember him playing against us icon_biggrin.gif

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Deco2o:

ManUre fans,turning on a guy who done so much for the club...beautiful,Wouldn't get that at Anfield! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

it defies all belief how fantastic a strike rate the whole numbers theory has. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

its over, 3-0 win while resting all those players, fantastic \o/. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Let's hope that Fergie doesn't think it's ok to play KR now icon_frown.gif

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

Jonah scores for Derby icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just thought I'd pop in and say that I went with a Derby supporting mate to Pride Park today & Nick would have been proud of his boy for his performance. Jonah ran the show for Derby in the first half and he's well above Championship class and took his goal Scholes-esq with the arriving late onto Lupoli's ball in. Pity he couldn't impose himself more like that in games against **** opposition when he played for us (for the few chances he got). Derby were collectively shambolic in the second tho so he didn't get on the ball as much and were lucky that Palace were completely ***** in the first and toothless in the second, but still the best player on the park along with Lupoli as far as quality went. Derby actually played some really nice stuff in the first 45mins, no wonder most of my mates are giddy at the minute.

On other topics I'm actually glad we've got so many loanees coming back (Antwerp must be ****ed though!) and I'll have another look at that tomorrow and see what I think & Vida's interview = icon_cool.gif especially when correcting her on what he said! And Jose may as well give up now - Vida wants the Prem and the Champions League, and Vida gets what Vida wants! Btw I hope that Vidic chant to "Monster" catches on.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

5th anniversary of Ruud's first hat-trick with us this week :*) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Never get over it icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

whs.

And besides, I only found out as it was an article on the official site icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 14AlanSmithifb:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Weststandred:

Genuine question: Can anyone think of headed goals by Rooney for United?

I was just thinking about it and can't recall him scoring any with his head. Can anyone tell me any, there is probably loads but I can't think atm.

Tomorrow will be my 4th visit to Villa Park. icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Rooney has never scored with his head for united and not sure if he did when he was at Everton. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think he's only got one headed goal in his career, for England at Euro 2004 against Switzerland.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Agreed, I guess it's the whole "fate/omg it's meant to be" idea that has only been encouraged by the events of the last few weeks, and it is hard to avoid being sucked into that but things do seem to be suggesting that it is our year, and have been for a while. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

oi! icon_mad.gif

you can slate my optimism all you like, just don't start throwing 'bandwagon' **** in there. icon13.gif

:doesthispostneedasafetywink?ithinkitdoesneedasafetywink:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

nick, you don't have to be at that stage to go to fc - plenty do both to satisfy their needs. having a mistress, you might say. she doesn't make the same demands of you and is fully aware of the full time commitments you have with the other half.

You cant be both crap and a big **** and expect people not to hate you.

If Richardson had ronaldos talent do you think anyone of us would care that he sees himself as billy big ********?

People go on about Rios off field persona but i couldnt care less what he does off the pitch because hes great on it.

Bardsley might be a dick and he'll never make it at Old Trafford but yet again he doesnt keep getting chance after chance and hasnt put in 70+ abysmal performances for the club.

How the hell didnt he stop Shelton and clear the ball before the lad got into the box and Heinze fouled him?

Richardson offered nothing last night but because he was stuck at left wing back and Sheff United were delighted with only losing 2-0 he had next to nothing to do.

Hes 22 years old and can anyone see him magically gaining some footballing talent in the near future?

Fletch is 23 but god bless him hes worked hard and actually improved. And every now and again will put in a Roma performance. Wheres Kierans Roma performance?

Rooney is 21, Ronaldo is 22. I fail to see what Richardson offers us that anyone else at the club couldnt at least match.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

surprise signings for the motherf**king win \O/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

surprise? Why?

He's on the list...we must just be going through it in alphabetical order.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GoldenSpike:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

the award for Biggest Disappointment is next:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Performance and elimination in Milan

Losing to Southend

Arsenal and West Ham doing doubles over us

Number of games we bottled it and went 451/433

Louis Saha

Not relegating West Ham

FA Cup Final defeat/performance

Not doing the double after being so close

Realising we're not good enough in Europe

Fergie loaning Rossi out rather than keeping him

Seeing us line up 451 vs Benfica

Gary Nev's season-ending injury

Giggs' exasperating performances

BBB in Milan

Pompey away

Seeing the number 23 come up in green lights on the 4th official's board.

Glazer not dying </div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If we'd known what we know now, "the pace of the awards ceremony" would have been a

shoe-in. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh gosh that's funny. That's really funny. Do you write your own material? Do you? Because that is so fresh. I've never heard anyone make that joke before. Mmm. You're the first. Gosh, what a clever, smart person you must be, to come up with a joke like that by your self. Mmm. That's so fresh, too. Any Titanic jokes you want to throw into this forum while we're hitting these phenomena at the height of their popularity? Because we're right here. God you're so funny! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nice one. I bet the irony of using that particular family guy piece that's been overused on here over the last few months was entirely intentional as well.

Archived