The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by zink:

if he is still here, it'll just want lots of repeated "where's yer dad gone" chants.

make the greasy nonce cry. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

how mature are you, frigging moron

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Daaaaave:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LutonNil:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by No Longer Bling:

eagles icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I meant if we were really desperate. Got a bit of a soft spot for him as he was very local to me. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

used to live in your bathtub? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No - at the pikey camp down the road icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keyser:

yeah btw nice one bbb posting that 14th july crap. as if we're not a big enough joke, eh? f**k me. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

shut up you tart. Just cos Daaaave owned you in the thread. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

no he didn't icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rsl:

hasn't Scholes not been very good the past three seasons part from one spell of goals he got anyway? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The optimists put that down to the formation he was being used in rather than the player. I think there is an element of truth in that but we'll see.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by snipersdream:

I assume this "Ruud was looking for a transfer for ages, he's not committed, we HAVE to get him out for the good of the squad morale" argument applies equally to our main centre back as well then, yes? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

rio i assume? why?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

WHY KEEP PLAYING FLETCHER ON THE RIGHT FFS </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not only that but why keep putting Giggs or Richardson up front?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DeafParrot:

So Daaaaave will have to do his squad comparison in here for you? :**( </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif

i love how scousers jump on that as if i was somehow wrong. do i need to print last seasons league table for you? or remind you who the champions league finalists were?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

If you DARE show your face at the wall Burrage, you're a dead man. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif that plane crash scene in POTC is going to scare you. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

coming to watch snakes on a plane aftrer the fulham game burrage??

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

Pete, I'm gonna hit you at Fulham mate </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm sorry icon_biggrin.gif Just be glad Keith hasn't got any Airplane disaster DVD's as I'm sure he would have got you watching one tonight.

Have a good time anyway.

Originally posted by elmonzo:

And since people have started reminiscing about '99 players (contrary to snipes' wish):

Not '99 players, just the whole plethora of 'Where were you that night' stories and whole transcripts of Clive Tyldesley's commentary that we get in here every couple of months.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">He talks up all these youngsters, who admittedly I dont know a lot about bar the ones of played vs Celtic and in Amsterdam, but will they ever make it?? You cant have a batch of youngsters like you did every few years. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well we're certainly not like Chelsea who can splash out around £40m on foreign 30 year olds each summer. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why did you put £40m?? Is that how much you paid for Rooney and Rio??

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keyser:

I do not believe we made an official approach for either. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Our suits are spectacularly incompetent but you're living in la-la land if you think no-one else bar West Ham has made an official approach.

I'm fairly sure we were told where to go when we enquired about Mascherano because MSI had this lined up all along. No idea about Tevez, never struck me that we were seriously interested. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I never said that NOONE else has. WE didn't. And that'll remain my official line until it's confirmed we were knocked back by MSI. I wouldn't believe Fergie/Gill.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

You never have any credit. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

popular guy tbh. Plus it gives me an excuse for people to ring me thus saving myself money.

• 1 month later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bagpuss:

off course its possible to be both tall and fat

as for the car jonny some crunt fiddled with the wing mirror </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It wasn't me. Probably some scrote near where yo ulive. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you mean where martin lives

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Can Tim Howard play tomorrow night? Tickets for the game are still available so the website says ffs. Bent > Defoe but I wouldn't mind either of them to come to United in January though, for the right price obviously. Hargreaves is the number 1 target though, even that Senna wouldn't be too bad if we couldn't get Hargreaves. Everton without AJ and Cahill, two of their best three attacking players are out. I don't think it'll be an easy game though, 1-0 or something along them lines, our players will be very tired. I can see Fergie choosing this game or Boro to rest players.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just reading the rather poingnent words of our former chairman after Munich, with his Braveheart style "United will rise again".

But then I looked at his name and ****ed myself laughing: Harold Hardman *Grrrrr* icon_biggrin.gif

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Manchester United defender Gabriel

Heinze claims he is content with his situation at Old Trafford, but has a desire to be handed a chance to play in the centre of defence.

The Argentine has struggled to nail down a regular starting berth this term, having been pushed down the pecking order by Patrice Evra.

Heinze was linked with a move away from Manchester United in January, but manager Sir Alex Ferguson persuaded him to stay in Manchester and even though he is not a regular at present, the defender is content with his role.

"This year things are sorting out well at Manchester United," said Heinze." This weekend Chelsea will not be playing so it would be good for us to beat Fulham so they see us nine points ahead of them.

"I have a good relationship with all my team-mates. I am very close to Cristiano Ronaldo most of all because he is Portuguese and he understands Spanish."

Heinze has forged a name for himself as a rampaging left-back, but he craves the chance to play in the heart of the back four.

I like to play most of all in the centre of the defence but lately I am playing on the left side," he stated. "I have adapted and I am doing well."

Heinze has set his sights on securing a place in Argentina's squad for the Copa America this summer.

"I would like to be recalled to the team for the Copa America," he added. "I hope that my summer holidays will be wearing the Argentinian national team jersey.

"I will have enough time to rest once I am retired.

"The objective of Argentina in the Copa America is not to reach the final, it's to win it, so we must win all the games that we have to play for being the champions.

"It has been a long time since Argentina has won an international title and this could be a good chance." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gregg Carter:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

HA, pick and choose.

I've applied for every away game this season, got chubbed for all but 2 and got tickets from other avenues. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Portsmouth at home in the cup. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just incase you're having trouble reading fella. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Considering the original post he was replying to was about United in general my point stands. Just incase you're having trouble understanding fella.

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

Mikael is getting that testimonial whether you like it or not icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_cool.gif

someone needs to russle up a silvestre tribute video a la the o'shea one

-the two goals v liverpool :**)

-the constant ineptitude :***)

genuinely struggling after that...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

right Joe, ticket's yours if you want it icon14.gif

will pick it up from the TO a few hours before kickoff tomorrow. any idea how you're planning on getting over there? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

as Mart now knows i've checked my passport and its bloody gone and expired icon_mad.gif

Sorry pal!

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">What is wrong with him? Ruud leaves, he establishes himself as first choice alongside Rooney and contributes greatly to United's success this season.

It's the pinnacle of his career to date. Why would he want to give that up? He can't be that stupid not to have taken his manager's warnings seriously. Any other person would risk injury rather than get cast out of Old Trafford.

It indicates that he has some psychological problem due to all his injuries. I just can't explain it otherwise. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Saha i assume you are talking about: he has had more than his fair share of injuries, almost as bad as Owen. We need a striker like RVN who is there all the time, playing consistently and not someone you see on the pitch once every 4 months.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

Least I didn't get nominated as the worst user, eh mark? icon_frown.gif

I think what I was trying to say there was that Rio should've been at least nominated for poty. Maybe. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, i meant to ask Nick about that. Do you think he just missed you off the list by mistake? icon_confused.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 14AlanSmithifb:

Tickets really aren't that hard to get. I don't have a season ticket & I think Martin & Nick are the only two people in here who went to more games than me this season?

Oh & James you cannot just come in & start pimping my whores, get your own. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

AHEM </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Right enough. I saw Si at all the games I went to, iirc. Not sure about you, though. icon_wink.gif

Archived