The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

I disagree with that actually, he's hacked down all the time in the Premiership but gets up and carries on again, doesn't change his game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Exactly.

Yet he never gets credit for that perseverence because of the odd tantrum he has

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scatter:

25m-ish and lennon the obvious choices imo. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

it'd be 25m minus whatever Lennon costs. To me that's too much of a risk if the Lennon fee is anything close to the money we'd get for Ronaldo.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

note I refuse to use Giggs or OShea in the midfield selection because they should really be put back to their positions of winger and defensive backup asap </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

and left out Ole because of his injuries?

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

I don't know icon_frown.gif

A hat with a radio on? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif

"I like ballet, I love the novels of Proust, I love the work of Alan Delon..."

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JulesMUFC:

Nothing will happen on Saturday, the majority don't care and will still sing "Every single one of us" he's sold out big time, he could have stood down when he was "opposed" to the takeover and gone down as a hero, instead he stayed and is killing his legacy/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

your deluded if you think that ever crossed his mind. thats utter ********, its non senseica if you think that was the best thing for the club. The club would've turned into complete turmoil if he had resigned and come out and said what?

There are similaritys to this about when we floated on the stock market? Would you have expected him to resign then? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Would it balls have gone into turmoil, we've recovered from bigger.

Call me deluded again and I'll lamp you on Saturday icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

"Lamp" icon_biggrin.gif

Such a great phrase icon_biggrin.gif

• 4 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

You actually seem bothered by this though BBB? Surely they're internet randoms... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh, OK, meh, ignore that, just seen the thing about the Wigan tickets.

• 4 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JamieDay:

Yeah that's why I'm watching this on the web, Arsenal game doesn't interest me much. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Seen the score?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ronaldo_1977:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

Give nthe lack of depth our squad has I am really not bothered by last nights defeat. It's fewer games where someone can get injured which means that there is less chance of Richardson & O'Shea getting a starting place. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If that's the case why did we start with lots of our big name players? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Engage your brain & read what I typed.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> SMITH STAYING PUT

Manchester United striker Alan Smith will snub all offers of a loan move to the Championship and instead put himself through a punishing personal training regime in an attempt to get back to full match fitness.

Having astounded Sir Alex Ferguson with the speed of his recovery from the horrific injuries he suffered during last season's FA Cup defeat at Liverpool, Smith now appears to have hit something of a brick wall.

The 25-year-old former Leeds man looked exceptionally tired at the end of extra-time when United squeezed through in the Carling Cup against Crewe last month and then only lasted an hour when his side were sent tumbling out of the competition by Southend.

With Ferguson believing reserve-team football does not offer the kind of physical workout Smith needs to get fit, the United boss revealed on Friday it would be a good idea for his player to go out on loan for a short spell even though he has only two currently fit strikers in Louis Saha and Wayne Rooney.

Championship leaders Cardiff have already made an inquiry, while Dennis Wise, new boss at his former club, has also suggested he would be interested in taking Smith back to Elland Road.

However, the player has informed Ferguson he wishes to remain at Old Trafford and continue the fight for a first-team place.

Smith will instead embark on a specially constructed fitness programme, devised by United's coaching staff, which he believes will be enough to push him back to the standard required at senior level.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Jesus wept, even more **** ups from the ticket office.

People have called to check the Celtic ballot to be told "unsucessful" and then the money has come out of their account so have been succesful.

Does a team of monkeys run it or what?

Celtic aren't a great team, but with their crowd behind them and stuff they just always seem to up their game on these European nights, and make no mistake, it'll be a tough game.

And it goes without saying that Chelsea are a fantastic team, we can easily lose to them.

• 4 weeks later...

Is he the one who, when discussing the last game he officiated, wrote something along the lines of 'even though the home fans had just witnessed a 4-0 win by their team, I couldn't help feeling the standing ovation at the end had something to do with it being my last game'?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Weststandred:

Anyone ever met him?

My dad has twice, once in Monaco and once in Glasgow and he says he's a ****. Walks around like a big hard thug, but infact he has a posh accent and is trying to be something he isn't and is mainly interested in making money out of the fans. His coach as an example, at the start it was 'we're not going to rip the fans off, like the club' and after a couple of aways he bumped the prices up and just checking now he's charging dearer than the club to go to spurs. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif i have met him and confirm he is more evil than malcolm glazer (who i haven't met but my dad might have done)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">If they had lost the game 1-0, as they should have done, what could Arsene have said then?" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And as my father would say to that, if my auntie had balls she'd be my uncle.

Irritating first half, but some quite brilliant attacking football in the second today. Thought Carrick was awesome throughout, was always there to pick up the pieces when an attack breaks done and 9 times out of 10 picked the correct pass. I also thought Gabby did well seeing as he hasnt had that much first team action, he slotted in like he'd never been away. Rio,Vida & Neville wern't really troubled by a Watford team that got all their team behind the ball but what they had to do they did it well. Now for the suprising think about today, whilst not against any great powers John O'shea actually looked like a football and had a spotless game (cant remember him giving the ball away all that much), although this could have something to do with the fact Watford's midfield were camped on their 18 yard line.Ronaldo was briliant as the game went one , although he started a little rusty. Thought Rooney was getting back to his best towards the end after starting a little slowly, Ole looked a bit off pace which is concerning , although when Henke came on it showed straight away the class of the guy.

No on to Mr Richardson, he must have had the worst first half display I have ever seen from a United player ( and I saw William Prunier icon_frown.gif), I mean seriously how on earth can Fergie justify putting him in before Park & Fletcher , it really does bewilder me.

MoM: Michael Carrick

2nd: Ronaldo

Couldnt make it to 'The Wall' we were late getting there , so we just went straight in.

im doing fulham \o/

and lille \o/

cant ****ing wait for lille, travelling to foreign lands to watch your team in the knockout stages of europe's premier competition is what its all about. soooo excited.

anyone going to the memorial at 2pm on saturday, under the clock?

• 2 months later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Matt Cavanagh:

did ferdinand ever do anything for smacking that ball into an old lady's face? i.e apologise? buy her flowers? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

apologised loads of times and gave her his shirt after the game. more than the silly cow deserved really.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nathan mufc fan:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Herman Bloom:

Did I mis-hear, or did Fergie say that KR was subbed at HT due to injury?

Every cloud and all that? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Urgh seriously?

So, how many injuries do we have now then?

Gaz, Rio, Vida, Paddy, Silvestre, Park, Richardson, Saha? That's all of them i think. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The young lad defender that was supposed to be a stop gap solution if the situation occured is long time injured as well icon_biggrin.gif (Cathcart or what his name was).

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rcjuk:

basically, what's happening after teh match? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

should all go for a pint imo </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

aye icon14.gif

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

3rd - theis and Rcjuk

2nd - Saha, 14AlanSmithifb and weststandred

WINNER - finally shakes off the worst user crown in style, it's Taz </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

See what abandoning Fletch-hate can do for you icon_wink.gif

Archived