The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Francis Cole:

Is my money safe? icon_razz.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't count your chickens icon_mad.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

I actually think we'll get Torres, it seems like if we're going to sign anyone that that's the most likely one. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Same here, im just worried we will get bent over backwards on the price and ending up restricting our business else where in the market. NEW CMs icon_mad.gif.

Out of interest how does everyone rate our CBs in terms of ability?

Rio > Wes > Vidic > O Shea > Silvestre > Pique.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Asmodeus:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ajw10:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Asmodeus:

Which penalty is this that keeps getting mentioned?

I may well have erased it from my memory. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The was NEVER a penalty icon_mad.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm not sure what was better.

Ruud stroking it in or Campbell's look of surprise. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've honestly blanked it from the banks.

Sure someone'll post a youtube link soon mind. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I can barely even remember the game.

Jose icon_frown.gif

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

James might be a dad but he's a clumsy fecker icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

how do you come to that conclusion? icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

the coffee icon_biggrin.gif, though admittedly that was your dads fault icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ahaha, that was some excuse.

gah a read the djemba twins stuff wrong, sorry </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

New glasses tbh

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

Who are you going to break then gonch? *runs* </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

eh? icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Seem to remember you saying that you would break someone if we didn't sign anyone else icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That was me.

I think I might break Juni for convenience. He lives near me I think.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jep:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AndyPolack:

Still 3 hours to go though. icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's just like ur thread last summer - its going to be a long, long 3 hours chaps icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's not - iirc you guys were actively after Simao, talks were underway etc, there was stuff going on. With us, Fergie's on his fourth bottle of scotch and Gill's asleep, simply no chance of anything happening bar last minute selling/loaning off of squad players.

Masc isn't what we need right now, ffs Fletch and O'Shea are good enough to win the CL.

**** off Fergie

**** off Querioz

**** off Martin Ferguson

**** off Malcom Glazer

**** off Avi Glazer

**** off Brian Glazer

**** off Fred The Red </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No Gill hate :*)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keyser:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Pires777:

The truth? yes it is icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I hope you and your mum die in a road accident where you bizarrely knock random5 down </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That post could very well have me laughing all night, in all honesty.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

Kleberson right where he belongs, top of the page icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_cool.gif

Never given a fair chance, even if he had no personality as Fergie says.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> BARDSLEY AIMS TO LEARN FROM NEVILLE

Aston Villa defender Phil Bardsley has hailed the influence of Gary Neville on his career even though the presence of the England right-back has dashed his own chances of becoming a Manchester United regular.

Bardsley has joined Villa on loan for the remainder of the season with the aim of playing regular Barclays Premiership football under new manager Martin O'Neill.

The form of Neville relegated Bardsley to the role of permanent number two at Old Trafford but he hopes the hunger and desire to win trophies shown by the 31-year-old will rub off on himself.

Bardsley, who is expected to make his debut at home to bottom side Watford on Saturday, said: "Gary Neville is one of the best right-backs in the world and when I did get a chance at United I felt I did okay.

"But when you've got a player like Gary waiting to come back after injury or whatever, you know you are going to have to step aside again.

"That's the unfortunate part of being at such a big, big club like Manchester United but you learn lots of good things and hopefully that will stand me in good stead for my time at Villa."

Bardsley added: "People ask if it is depressing being number two to someone like Gary but I say 'Not at all'.

"You want the best for the team and if Gary Neville is the best right-back at United, then so be it.

"He is a fantastic player, fantastic captain and I've no problem with that. He is also one of the players you can learn off. He has been around the game so long.

"He has won trophies left, right and centre so if I can achieve half of what he has achieved, I won't go far wrong.

"Even now the likes of Gary, Ryan Giggs and Paul Scholes are still hungry for success despite. being around so long.

"That's rubbed off on me. I am hungry. If you are young, and with the way you are brought up at United, you want to win trophies.

"It is nice to have that hunger and drive which helps United to win so many trophies."

Bardsley, who was previously on loan at Rangers, admits Villa would be the sort of club who would appeal to him in the long term if his days at United are numbered.

He said: "If my time at United is up, then I'll move on. With a manager like Martin O'Neill, I'm sure any player would want to play under him and I'm no different.

"Is Villa a long-term option? Maybe - but you never know what happens in football.

"I'm just looking to get as many games under my belt as possible, try to stay injury-free and just try and improve my all-round game really.

"I'll work hard when I am at Villa and show everyone what I am all about and then we'll see from there. I'll try and make a name for myself.

"As a young player there is always room for improvement and I'll try and improve as a player over the next three or four months." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

• 1 month later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Juni:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

What odds are there on all 3 legs of the treble being decided within a week in 3 games between us and chelsea? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We'd lose them all icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

did you see what Spurs did you us?

I don't think I'd be able to live through three such defeats to you. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

thing is ive never seen such an awful team just consistently get out of trouble.

basically a combination of carvalho, essien, drogba and mourinho's tactical nous are going to win you the quadruple.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

He probably wasn't at City, mate.

heshootshescores </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Getting robbed off Goater > *

thekeepersaves

reserves won 2-1 tonight (team was Heaton, Eckersley, Lea, Chester, Cathcart, Lee, Mullan, Hewson, Burns, Eagles, S. Evans, Barnes and Fagan came on as subs, Cathcart and Hewson with our goals), which puts them four points clear at the top the league, staggeringly :/

also, Febian Brandy scored for England u18s as they beat their dutch counterparts icon_cool.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ericcantona7:

Carrick and Scholes weren't good enough today mark, Carrick was abysmal, I just don't think he's good enough to dictate games, which he needs to do, esp as Scholes really will be getting on next season. I have more confidence with Fletcher in the tough games tbh. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

while i'm, not carricks biggest fan, and would love hargreaves to come, they've been a good enough partnership for the majority of the season, and giggs simply doesn't cut it as a winger any more. He started the season well, but he's gone right off. He simply doesn't beat a man any more and should be no more than a backup (albeit a good one). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah I agree, I also like to think Fletcher is going to make it, and I can't see it happening if we sign Hargreaves, unless we sell Carrick.

• 3 weeks later...

How was there only 2 minutes of added time? Ronaldo and Nesta were lying down the ditch for that long, then there was the Gattusso rolling around.

Also don't believe people are saying Milan were the better team before Rino went off. Milan were getting ripped apart. Loved Ronaldo tearing Gattuso apart in the first half leaving him crouched over gasping for air. Such a difference this team, compared to the last half decade. You actually feel like they're going to come back and dominate games, as opposed to occasionally nicking a winner while looking *****.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Weststandred:

Why did Milan have the little corner bit last night of the usual away section? They didn't fill the big section in East T2 so why have United given them 500 on the corner? It happened against Benfica too iirc, strange. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i think there were different priced tickets, i was sat right next to that little gang of milan fans and the majority of them were dress fancy.

east stand can fo with the millions of U N I T E D chants, get some originality.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived