The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20?:

If Madrid get Kaka and Robben (or even just one of them), Ronaldo's a bit shafted anyway. He's not a primary target for Capello, and if Madrid don't want him, where else can he go?

Barca - don't think they'd be interested, and if they were he'd be fighting with Giuly and Gudjohnsen for a place on the bench.

Other Spanish clubs - surely only Valencia would appeal to him, and I doubt they could afford the asking price.

All the top Italian clubs could well be out of the picture depending on the verdicts/punishments this week, unless he fancies Inter and they reciprocate.

Which leaves Chelsea? And I can see Fergie being a stubborn **** if it comes down to that. After all, the main basis for him wanting to leave it to realise an ambition of playing in Spain, and/or to escape the nasty English press/fans. Would take a monster bid from them I fancy.

Ronnie's doing a grand job of burning his bridges as quickly as possible at the minute, and he might just want to be a bit careful.

I'm now vaguely remembering Jimlad posting a more literate version of this not long ago, but hey ho. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

why should he be careful? you're still paying his wages. you'll not sell him and he'll halfass it around the pitch from now until the new year and then you'll be lucky to sell him to porto for 10m

icon_cool.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gregg Carter:

Scatter dude, what the hell is that mess supposed to be?

icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Worst use of the wink, ever.

Definitely, its better to have the numbers ready sooner rather than later even if we do have just under two-weeks until we kick-off our Premiership campaign.

As for Age Hareide, surely the "common sense...solution", regardless of how strong Ole looked in Amsterdam, is first to ensure that the knee will even stand-up to regular top-level football before re-calling him to the international fray.

If Smithy's ready for Fulham I think it'll be more than remarkable to be honest.

Although he's clearly on a quicker recovery schedule than I would have envisaged when the injury first happened and raring to go, I'm skeptical whether he'll be fit enough to play anything more than reserve team football by the start of the season, and from that point I'd have thought that mid-September qualified as a valid point for him to be seriously considered as being back in contention.

Who's coming to the wall next Sunday then?

So far I've got

Me

Bagpuss

Coldberg

Rcjuk

NickOGS20?

pjburrage

James M

Razor Eddie

Leaving Early

Me

Are any other lads going to nip by and have a drink? alansmithifb14?

Fletcher wasn't that bad in the first half. O'Shea however managed to nearly get tackled everytime he got the ball. Everytime he received it he would end up with a player right on him everytime because he took so long to work out what he was doing.

Now I am not one to jump on players with little or no reason but O'Shea just looks fat & slow from what I have seen this season.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

Remember Dom, saying that you dislike someone is the same as saying someone is rubbish on OTF icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

so true, I hate RvP which means I think he is ****.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

Trezeguet makes Fergie-sense tbf:

- Get rid of arguably the best penalty-box striker in the world, partly because of a personality clash largely brought about by him being dropped because he wasn't offering enough to the team outside that box.

- Oversee a vast improvement in the quality of play with a different type of striker, and wax lyrical about this.

- Then decide to replace aforementioned best penalty-box striker around with an inferior, equally lazy and uncreative alternative who is of a similar age and who will probably cost more.

Awesome/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

*slits wrists*

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

Keither for the love of god please keep your shirt on when you get drunk. Nobody & I mean nobody deserves to be subjected to that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

whs.

I felt positively ill after watching that.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 14AlanSmithifb:

MoM: Vida - absolutley superb, didn't let a single thing get past him and made some brilliant sliding takles

2nd: Paddy Evra - In my opinion he is getting better and better this season and is a suprisingly good header of the ball , ran non stop.

Honorable mentions go to Scholesy & Rooney , who seems to be playing a lot better and I hope to god he picks this sunday to break his drought with a double against the granny stabbing bin dippers.

Also I can't belive in a match that we dominated from start to finish , two of the worst players on the pitch (O'shea & Richardson) were on the score sheet , when the third went in I didn't know whether to be happy or sad tbh. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Especially since both of the goals were absolute flukes icon_biggrin.gif

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Van Nistelrooy bust-up with Real Madrid pal Raul Bravo

Ruud van Nistelrooy almost came to blows with Real Madrid teammate Raul Bravo at training yesterday.

DiarioSport says the Dutchman was stunned when shoved by Raul Bravo after collecting the ball during a training ground drill.

Van Nistelrooy, after picking himself up off the ground, went face-to-face with the defender before teammates jumped in to separate the pair before blows were exchanged. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuud icon_cool.gif

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Eric Cartman:

Nick did you go to the match last night? Just wanted to know if Isasskon had a shocker </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i didn't, got flu and decided to be sensible for once and avoid a trip to freezing-cold Hyde. not even seen the goals yet, but i've heard two of them were screamers, which might excuse isaksson a bit.

Look, i don't know what way it works. I ask a guy for tickets and he contacts people and gets them for me if he can. I've known the guy for years as he's best mates with my dad so he does me a favour. The tickets are not from the supporters clubs allocation cause they use all these or else there would be little point getting extra tickets as for games such as Wigan on boxing day they would loose money cause people won't travel from Northern Ireland. He gets tickets off friends and gets them for me. For instance, for the Benfica game i asked him for tickets and he applied on my behalf, not through the supporters club.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bouncerboy13:

I'm going to push BBBBBBBB off it and spill his beer icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He doesn't need any help to do that icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

We really wouldn't, for the simple reason that we don't do negative stifling tactics well at all, and it's cost us so many times in the past, both this season and in seasons before. We've looked good or great in the majority of games where we've played 4-4-2 this season, and poor the majority of times we've played that strange lopsided 4-5-1. I doubt you'd have seen one critical post about the tactics if we'd gone down playing that way. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No english teams do it well. I just don't understand citicism when we've progressed. I guess familiarity really does breed contempt.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keyser:

crap. hell, even an attacking kid would have done, would have been at least partly the right thing to have done. John O'Shea? you're having a laugh. I'd sooner see the bench stuffed full of eager kids than the 4 jokers + OGS on the bench today. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Parks a joker now?

nice.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

Let's cross the Ronaldo bridge if and when we come to it. If he wants to go after all we have done for him this season and the way Fergie has stuck by him then he can sod off and we'll buy someone who is committed to us.

Saying that, I actually don't think he will want to, not this summer anyway, so I'm not overly concerned atm. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What that man said.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">p </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Who have been the goal scorers in this match?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

I imagine Cathcart will play tonight so that would rule him out for tomorrow so i wouldnt be suprised to see us rush Rio back.

Yet again he might just play Richardson. icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Now i am confident we can do Sheffield with an improvised defence (Cathcart, Fletcher or whoever in there with Heinze in the middle, Brown all over the place just not defending where he should etc) but i am not THAT confident as to have HIM in the line-up icon_biggrin.gif

• 4 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

Lets face it, if we were perming two from three of who we need, Hargreaves should have been behind a winger then a striker in terms of priority. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, the fact that Hargreaves has been our priority makes me wonder if we are looking to play with 3 central midfielders.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived