The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

Come on Scatter recommend some Midfielders we should sign then? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

gee, can't think of any midfielders i've been championing over the past few months. can you? icon_biggrin.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

Anyway icon_cool.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

Sir Alex Ferguson commented: “Mikael...has a central role to play in the first team."

</div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

DM. "Like a new signing".

As for Hargreaves, I really hope he moans at Bayern and we manage to get him. However from what Bayern have been saying I just don't think its going to happen.

I will be pretty dissapointed if we end up signing Senna for 8 million. Although I think the guy would be good, I think the age to price is just silly.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Timmy Howard:

Bit tougher, have a feeling i'll be way off...

Van Nistelrooy, Cole, Yorke, Sheringham, Beckham </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

swap beckham with sheringham

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

3 games

3 wins

10 scored

1 conceded

\o/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

1 conceded?

• 5 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RedBlood:

Coming to FC on saturday Mart? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Possibly aye mate, will let you know icon_smile.gif

• 2 weeks later...

I've noticed Ronaldo hitting the woodwork MANY many times so yeah that stat doesnt surprise me.

It's sometimes hitting the woodwork from close range when he should really score.. but I remember quite a few where he's hit the bar/post from miles out with shots that really deserve to go in.

cr > *

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

smith has looked... pedestrian in the few appearances he's made so far this season. easily written off as a lack of match fitness, and it probably is.

the ultimate pessimistic question (mika, nick, i'm disappointed you haven't asked this icon_frown.gif ) would be - for all the concern over ole "never being the same after his bout of serious injuries", it's also true that smith needs to answer/face the same prospect. better players than smudger have failed to fully recover serious leg breaks, what's to say smith will?

so, he needs games; we need to see if he's truly recovered (as a player that is, not from the specific injury); we need cover for our rather small squad.

which is more important?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

hmm, death incentives ftl </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lol

my first aim is beating Rob, then breaking 4:30 and finally 4 hours

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

Diogo challenges Fabiano and the ball goes out of play and Fabiano knows the game is lost so he tries to head butt Diogo and then walks away. Diogo then says something to him and as Fabiano turns around Diogo punches him in the face and then both start windmilling in at each other and throw a good 5 or 6 punches each before other players arrive on the scene and try and split it up. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just seen it on SSN, windmilling just the perfect description of it, I thought that they were going to take off icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

I'll pay every single person who's posted in this thread £100 if we win the treble.

What an incredibly daft thing for Fergie to say. I thought he was a bloke with perspective - remember how he dealt with Wenger's 'we'll go unbeaten' comments in 02-03? I think his response was 'football has a way of coming back to smack you in the face' or something similar. And yet now he's entertaining talk of an impossible treble. Stick to the league, eh? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So basically we're winning the treble next year? icon_cool.gif

I agree with ACou on Carrick too, a few times as Taz coined he did the Fletch hugging tackle and ultimately lost out. Other parts of his game were qg though.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

Back when motson was a half decent commentator as well. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Must have been a long time ago.

• 4 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

Fletcher: FA Cup is special

Darren Fletcher has insisted the FA Cup is still a special trophy and he is more than happy to play two games a week for the rest of the season as Manchester United go in search of silverware.

The Scotland midfielder was speaking ahead of his club's FA Cup sixth round replay against Reading and, although many may feel that the game is a distraction from the Premiership and UEFA Champions League, he is delighted to still be involved.

"The FA Cup is still what it was," he said. "Nobody at the club is saying any competition is more important than another and we definitely regard this as a special tournament.

"It is the business end of the season and we know there will be games now on Saturday, Wednesday, Saturday - right until the last week.

"But that is what you want. That is why you are at a club like Manchester United. That is what we should be doing."

Having won only one of their three encounters with Reading so far this year, Fletcher is well aware of the threat Steve Coppell's men pose.

"We know it will be a tough match. They have been in good form lately and I am sure they will give us a really hard game, as they have on all the other occasions we have played against them.

"Reading have come up from the Championship and earned the respect of everyone.

"They don't have any real stars but they are probably the hardest working side in the league." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Come on Fletch, be honest, it's because it's the only chance you have of getting a game atm isn't it?

• 4 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by cooldude0007:

how bad is it icon_frown.gificon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Shoulder. Century reckon he was in such agony that it's gotta be a disolaction, which was enough to rule out Silvestre for the season a few weeks ago.

Looks bad icon_frown.gif

No suspensions, but I don't think that it's been cleared up which of our players is now one card away from one - I asked earlier. THINK it's Rio, Smudge, Ronnie, Gabby and Scholes. Which should answer your second question - he is one yellow away from a suspension, thus retains the yellow to his name.

• 2 weeks later...

Great game, but I dread to see what our defence will be like for the next few games.

Fletch was ffffffb and after being one of those who never rated him before, I am happy to eat my own words and say that he has really shone the past few weeks and shown is talent to all. Well played sir.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gregg Carter:

I don't really see it as a 451 not in the sense that most English clubs use it. It's generally more of a 4231 that the Spanish clubs particularly Barcelona use a lot. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It really isn't (although it would be lovely if it was). The third midfielder would have to be playing off the front man or properly wide, and that hasn't happened all season. The three have pretty much always been the three at Wembley, and they play as a true three, with Scholes as deep as Carrick and Fletcher with licence to get forward, but a starting position level with the other two.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SLO_Fila:

What the hell? No "Scholes vs. Blackburn" moment? You are a bunch of sissies! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Or his volley Vs Villa

just said in the Chelsea thread but i'm pretty sure that's some random adding themselves to the wiki page for hilarious japes. can't remember off the top of my head if one of Choccy's kids is called Liam (think one of them might be but not sure), but even if that is his son he's played no part in u16 or u18 games as far as i know and i've never heard any mention of a McClair kid in the academy at all (unlike Oliver Gill and Reece Brown).

• 2 weeks later...

Archived