The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keyser:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

i want 5 things to happen in the coming weeks:

1) rooney and ronaldo patch up any hint of a possible rift

2) ronaldo stays at united

3) true match going reds get behind ronaldo

4) he gets relentlessly booed at every away ground and uses it to spur him onto his best season yet for us, shoving it back down these *****' throats a la beckham '98

5) someone firebombs the sun's hq </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

hahahaha how vomit inducingly pathetic, "true match going reds" icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There's only one thing that's got a chance of happening there, and it's not 1, 2, 3 or 4 icon_biggrin.gif

Well, maybe 2, depending on how lucky I am.

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Juni:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

Is the 04/05 thread knocking about anywhere? I posted about three times in about thee years, but I'm almost 100% positive Taz owes me money / a drink if Ronaldo's not at United on the opening day of the 06/07 season and the proof's somewhere in there... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You utter legend

"And the best mod award 2006 goes to..." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm confident i'm winning that bet.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keyser:

Liverpool will probably win the league this year the way it's going icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have already prepared for that possiblity icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

what method are you using?

I'm planning to stick my head in the flymo. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Razor blades and a hot bath. Go up the street not across icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by goon:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JulesMUFC:

So your basically a Ruud > United person Mika? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, I just don't blame him for wanting to leave.

In an ideal world I'd love all our players to stay and love the club, but that just doesn't happen. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

it was pretty much forced on him wasnt it? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well he did put in a transfer request before last seasons FA Cup final now apparently so seemingly not now.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scatter:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20?:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scatter:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20?:

as james said - yes.

look, there's being a poacher, and there's being a self centered glory hunter who simply doesn't give a toss about what's going on unless your about to profit from it. based on what we've seen and heard for the past two years that sums ruud up both on and off the field. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ok then icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

don't get me wrong nick, i'm not cheering at the fact he's gone. i didn't exactly want him to leave either. i just don't think he's been anywhere near the saint (or behaved justifiably to be more precise) you and a few others are painting him in all this. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Christ, I've not painted him as a saint (see my post where I acknowledge that he isn't). No-one has, with the possible exception of Mika (who has officially registered him as a saint anyway so is allowed to).

Your description of him is the biggest load of boll0cks I've seen in the 85 pages of crap this thread has racked up so far, which is quite some achievement considering some of those who have ventured in. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

christ almighty... so putting in a transfer request on the eve of a cup final doesn't make you self centered? give me a break. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've neither seen nor heard any proof that he did so, certainly not 'on the eve'.

Your lack of any kind of respect for a player who did so much for us beggars belief really. He's no saint and I wouldn't dream for a minute of saying he's a completely innocent party or didn't have his flaws on and off the pitch, but describing one of the best strikers to ever play for us in the way you have is Citeh-esque, frankly.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

WHY DIDN'T YOU PLAY HUGHES!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Of all his bizarre team selections over the years, possibly the most inexplicable. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dropping Schmeichel at the Nou Camp that same season must be up there.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

Soccerbase says he's welsh, as i thought, but also says he was born in Cheshire, so who knows.

Simon Davies

Real name Simon Davies

Height 6.00

Weight 11.07

Date of birth 23-04-1974

Place of birth Winsford

Position Midfielder

Nationality Wales </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I thought he was born in Davenham (near Winsford), maybe he had Welsh parents/grandparents?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by player_65:

We're talking about buying a backup goalie, and not even one to challenge for the 1st team spot. Under what circumstances would it not be 'meh'? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

only if it was 'who?' in the style of van der gouw </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Van Der Gouw was great, one of my all time favourtie players.

But hey, you know we are taking the league cup seriously when we go out and spend a few million on a keeper to get us through the first few rounds. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

haha, how are you online btw?

Jonny, if you want that ticket, you'll have to come to my work to drop it off </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Celtic ticket? thought your boss was having it?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ajw10:

why did Rooney get THAT penalty or Rio not get sent off for his challenge on Freddie a couple of years ago? Its called luck, and it's about time we had some tbh. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

haha, as if toure handballing it onto the post last season wasnt enough luck ffs icon_biggrin.gif

you gooners always ****ing get luck stop playing the victim. im asking a simple question IN MY OWN THREAD about the fa rules. if you dont want to answer then **** off.

*runs off crying*

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by matt_e:

One of the angles shows a minor movement of the arm towards ball IMO. There's been a lot worse given before. His reaction (or lack of) tells a lot. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thankyou. :smug:

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Terry Cheung:

I hate you mark

always faster and posting more...no wonder your status is progressing at a james07-esque rate </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You forgot to add that most of what i post is boring drivel.

Although i suppose that works as another James comparison. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I wouldn't be so uncharitable. Quantity is often underrated anyway.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

Anyone else fancy a trip to see the Under 18's in Stoke on Friday night? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Where in stoke?

• 2 weeks later...

Glazers back Man Utd bid for Ajax's Huntelaar

tribalfooball.com - October 29, 2006

Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson will be given £12 million in January to bid for Ajax striker Klaas Jan Huntelaar.

The News of the World says the Glazer family are pushing out the boat for Fergie with £35 million being made available.

Huntelaar, 23, is one of the most prolific strikers in Europe, and scored 33 goals in the Eredivisie last term.

Ferguson has been massively impressed by the player's form for Ajax and Holland, and is keen to add him to his attacking options at Old Trafford.

Ajax only signed Huntelaar back in January from Heerenveen, but a bid of �12million would double their outlay on the player, and it seems unlikely they would reject such a vast transfer sum.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

What defines a 'youngster'? Because we've had Ronaldo since he was 18, can't have had Rossi all that much longer. And Ronaldo's fairly good iirc. It's by the by anyway. I think it's increasingly looking like Fergie doesn't rate him, or at least not as a future starter for us. Contrast the number of games Fletcher started at a similar time in his career.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Youngster that hasnt just been bought to go into the first team.

Comparing him with a Scottish player is daft. icon_wink.gif

In all honesty, like with a lot of things these days, i just dont think Fergie has the ******** anymore.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rcjuk:

oh and for 20 minutes of the second half the crowd was rocking. How it should be all the time. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

whs. Calypso ftw.

I'm such a skav that I now owe Ryan £2.50 icon_frown.gif

• 2 weeks later...

no matter the opinion on Saha's recent pathetic efforts it's not the game to chuck smudger into? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

nah, probably not. i'd put him in for the Reading replay though

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Weststandred:

quality icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif

RUUD RUUD RUUD YEEAAAHHH

GET IN THURRRR

TEN MEN

TWO NIL

GOODBYE

GOODNIGHT

GIDDY OOP MY SON, GIDDY OOP!

KISS KISS BANG BANG

GOOD NIGHT

VIENNA!!

What a legend! icon_biggrin.gif

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Cristiano Ronaldooooooooo:

Been awhile since i've been in here.

How are we all??

Whos going Middlesbrough game?? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

haha, howdy sire. Where've you been?

I forget did Forlan beat Eto'o to the Golden Boot that season?

And as for Kanoute no thanks, one of those clearly more suited to playing in Spain rather than Britain. Given Sevilla's rise over the last few years I'd expect him to be replaced by a player of similar ilk but notably superior relatively soon. His age is also an issue since he's coming up on 30 isn't he? If we were (but we shouldn't) go for a player of that age range I'd rather go for Benni McCarthy.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">ps everyone ignore pires ffs </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Already do.

That was awful, and predictable. And i only saw the second half, which apparently was far better than the first.

Oh and Jonny, are you inbred? I don't mean it as an insult, just i'm wondering how many fingers you've got on those hands, because it must be an awful lot to cope with the number of times O'Shea gave away the ball in the game i was watching. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

My point was that he had a good game. He even scored again. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know what your point was. Mine was that i disagreed with you. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You would.

yeah the one (okay there were LOADS but one of) the good things to come out of last nights game is that HOPEFULLY .. Fergie now sees 'attack attack attack' as the way to go

we really can rip into any team if we go at them.. so lets play that way.. especially with defensive uncertainties/injuries

• 4 weeks later...

Archived