The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

"TO print your dartboard click on the graphic above, then right click the pop-up picture and go to print picture - then get out your darts!"

ahahahaha

You gotta laugh.. because otherwise I might just tip over the edge and go on a mad killing spree

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rage1999:

it is a lie,

one stupid fat **** on redissue spouts a load of **** and everyone believes him.

pathetic </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Chill dude, I don't think anyone actually believes him.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

5th in the Premier League and, at best, UEFA Cup Quarter-Finalists and League Cup Champions.

Yeah, this isn't much better than talking about signings. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So we're Everton in a very good year then?

If the season was to start tomorrow I'd say:

3rd in the Prem, 2nd round of the CL, League Cup semis, 6th round of the FA Cup.

The Mikel money is guaranteed income so it's not particularly relevant that it's being paid in halves.

And yeah, Gravesen was touted as a stopgap and nothing more about two seasons ago, even less point signing him now. Would rather have Vieira.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Razor Eddie:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Razor Eddie:

Cantona 10 pts

Best 9

Hughes 8

Ruud 7

Keane 6

Charlton 5

Robson 4

Scholes 3

Ole 2

Stiles 1

And before any fecker says " you gotta have seen 'em "- I did icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We're back to Billy Meredith again. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Meh. Flash git, tbh. icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Are you too young for Edwards, Eddie?

And no Law icon_mad.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Eric Cartman:

Senna looked so good against Real on Saturday night aswell </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nick said it, me and gonch endorsed it icon14.gif

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Lads, I will bring back our beloved

The Manchester United thread Monthly awards

after the Chelsea game, categories as followed

Player of the month

Worst player of the month

Most improved player of the month

Best display of the month

Goal of the month

Moment of the month

\o/

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

iirc we'll win Sunday.

FACT </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This prediction brought to you by Owen Hargreaves in a United shirt.

i was totally against the glazer family and was part of the people that protested against them. Since their takeover though things hav slowly calmed down and i think that as long as they support the team and fergie and also share fans views and united win trophies i havent got a problem with them.

• 1 month later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

although saying that, either Agbonlahor is a bit knackered or his pace has been hyped to high heaven because not only did Paddy outpace him a couple of times last week, he was also matched for pace by that reknowned speedster Darren Fletcher :/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Gabby has been carrying an ankle injury for about 6 weeks and shouldnt really be playing.

He's stupidly quick.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bagpuss:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

That is why we'll lose at Stamford Bridge and Anfield to kill the title race off as well, so obvious. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We will NOT lose at ANfield, SB aye but not Anfield.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

bookmarked.

• 3 weeks later...

what? we were good today and made enough decent chances to win and shouldve won. Thought everyone was fine, ronaldo was a bit off the pace i thought but was still ok.

Saha played better today than he has done for a while but that decision to go on his own at the end was criminal.

• 2 weeks later...

Smithy's autograph icon_cool.gif

reserves won 3-0 tonight against newcastle btw, first half goals from Barnes and Mullan and a brilliant third from Chris Eagles right at the end. very very comfortable, Eagles was brilliant again, between him and the excellent Kieran Lee for man of the match. Smithy was pretty good, typically fiery, Dong had a bit of a mare though. i'm still thawing out, i swear Hyde has it's own microclimate that's 5 degrees colder than the rest of manchester.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Great game icon14.gif Was reasonably happy with 2-2 in that we didn't get humped and would have still had a chance in the next game. In a weird way, I hope the winner doesn't affect how we approach the return leg. We're at our best when playing flowing, attacking football and at our worst when trying to employ some sort of catenaccio style.

Again Fletch and Carrick were immense tonight - although that was helped by Gattuso going off. Ronnie was 'only' good tonight. He seemed to almost be trying a little too hard at times and taking one touch to many but after his season so far I can excuse him one non man of the match performance! The Rooney winner was excellent, and to be fair he shot so quickly Dida didn't have a chance. From memory, wasn't is very similar to a (fat) Ronaldo goal against us a few years back?

Finally, I really don't get the goons who started leaving at 90 mins. I don't care how busy the traffic is, I don't care how nagging your wife is, it's a European Cup semi final ffs, they don't come around that often.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gregg Carter:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by davidbowie:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Brunob:

sorry for going off topic, but i just bought a man u jersey the other day, do you guys think they will keep the same jersey next season? i hope so its the best looking jersey i have seen in awhile. thanks </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't think any professional sports team keeps the jersey the same every year. Why do that when you can get the diehards buying your new:

Home.

Away.

3rd.

Champions League.

Retro.

jerseys every year, at the low low price of £39.99 each.

fake edit - I just looked up their site, they shockingly, are not on the retro bandwagon. Missing out there glazer. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This year's shirt is a retro design, tbf.

Celebrating 50 years Of Busby Babes-ness. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

shhh eddie, he's trying to troll. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

how exactly am I trolling?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Weststandred:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Gary Nev misses the high 5 after Rooney's goal vs City </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mine. icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That was awsome tbf icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Francis Cole:

I think it more guarentees Pique will not be back, another season on loan for Pique and Rossi icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Evans will essentially replace Gaby, still a decent chance Pique will replace Silvestre. and if we don't sign a striker then Rossi will definitely be back.

Archived