The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

yeah he's had him scouted, but why not make a move for him? Transfer fee would have been around £7-9m before the World Cup, now his fee is going to be easily £15m. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

where'd you get that number from pj? 7-9m??? jesus wept you've been reading the red tops haven't you?

corinthians paid 10m for him just a couple of seasons ago, they were never going to sell him for less than nearly double that world cup or not.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

Hah just read the last couple of pages of drivel, dearie me.

Ah well, only four more games of the international nonsense and the proper football is back on the agenda. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We should all agree not to have a round-up for the 1st 20 pages of this sh*t.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

heh, the sun say Ronaldo will go on strike to get his move. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He can ****ing rot then.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

Cristiano Ronaldo insist it will be 'fine' if he stays at Manchester United after The Red Devils declared they had no intention of selling the Portugal international.

The winger has been tipped to leave Old Trafford during the summer and has hinted at a move to Real Madrid.

His antics surrounding United team-mate Wayne Rooney's World Cup dismissal have led to suggestions that Ronaldo will be forced out of the Premiership giants.

Sir Alex Ferguson is looking to keep the 21-year-old and the club released a statement on Wednesday morning to affirm their current stance.

With United determined not to sell Ronaldo, the former Sporting Lisbon youngster admits he would be happy to stay at Old Trafford.

However, the Real target also concedes he has other options to consider as he enjoys a holiday in his homeland following Portugal's fourth-place finish at the World Cup.

"There are possibilities for me to continue at Manchester United, but there are other possibilities as well," Ronaldo is quoted in the Portuguese media.

"Everything is open. If I have to leave Manchester United I don't want to leave on bad terms because it is a club that has contributed to my evolution as a human being and as a professional.

"It is an issue that has to be discussed in the next few days. For the time being I want to distance myself from football. The most important thing is to rest and go back to Madeira.

"I have no reason to leave the club, they have always supported me, they always gave me guarantees of being able to evolve as a player.

"There is still nothing concrete. During this week I believe the issue will be resolved.

"If it's a question of staying there it will be fine, if I leave it will also be fine.

"It is still a question that has to be decided, I have four days to resolve it."

</div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Full of contradictions that :/ icon_biggrin.gif

"I want to rest and go back to Madeira", and yet "I have four days to resolve it, I believe it'll be resolved this week". And then of course the very noticeable "they have always supported me"...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by olipepper:

heinze>>>>>silvestre </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And Silvestre >>>> O'Shea & Richardson, as for Evra it's wait and see. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There's no fupping way that Silvestre is better than O'Shea. He might play the occasional long diagonal ball better. That's about it.

I know you're not blaming the Glazers for everything, but if you are blaming them a bit then you could even go back to who ever it was who made you a PLC. Glazers were just making the most of a situation, not their fault that you were liable to it.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Young Jimlad:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by snipersdream:

What's your dissertation on Jimlad? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Okay, can't go into it in depth (cue huge sigh from the majority) but its basically a pro-multilateralism piece centred around the premise that security issues, especially counter-terrorism ones, offer the premise for greater cooperation internationally on the basis of common interest. Follows that cooperation in security issues as a precursor to cooperation in other areas. Centres on the UN CTC as the primary example.

Poor explanation but thats the bones of it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sounds Interesting icon14.gificon_smile.gif

p.s. I'm not taking the ****, I actually think it does icon_frown.gif

• 3 weeks later...

I rate Hargreaves and would be very happy with his signing. Even for the reported £13m-14m.

Not only is he a player we need badly but hes a player Carrick needs badly. You will only see the best of Carrick with a Hargreaves(or another destructive midfielder) next to him.

So if we sign him, happy, happy, happy and happier with the carrick signing.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by byebecks:

Just got an email sayin that i can get 2 Liverpool tickets if i want them!! Also got 2 extra Copenhagen tickets for a couple of friends which means i got 6 in total. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Give me a Liverpool ticket. Go on, you know you want to.

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 14AlanSmithifb:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

Yeah I was icon_biggrin.gif

Poor Nick, fell on his head </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif

How did this happen? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

First time it fell, second time the daft twat pulled it down on himself icon_biggrin.gif

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Park Ji-sung and Ole Gunnar Solskjaer are set to resume full training for Manchester United.

Park has been sidelined since damaging ankle ligaments in United's 1-0 victory over Tottenham in September.

Solskjaer, meanwhile, has not played since pulling a hamstring in the final seconds of the shock UEFA Champions League defeat to Copenhagen at the start of the month.

However, Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson has now confirmed that both players are ready to return and will be fit to feature in the gruelling schedule of fixtures running up to Christmas.

"Ji-sung and Ole will begin training this week which is great news for us," Ferguson told Manchester United Radio.

"With the hectic December period coming up it's great we'll have those players available."

Ferguson also revealed that Alan Smith is being put through a special training programme in a bid to boost his fitness.

He explained: "Alan is coming along fine. We've changed his fitness programme with the first team - he's now doing special training to aid his speed.

"He's responding well and is enjoying it. He realises that there is a lot of hard work involved but he's putting everything into it." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yep. they've still put my ST price up, they've still not delivered on promises (arf) about transfer spending, they've already proven themselves to be c**ts with no time for the fans.

basically you're using a situation not just hypothetical but near-enough impossible, which is pointless. may as well ask me if i'd still hate robbie fowler if he gave me a million quid.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rcjuk:

you got there later than half past </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You may want to double check what micky mouse is pointing to in future. I got there at half past by my phone which isn't wrong as far as I a maware.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Sir Alex Ferguson says there will be no complacency at Old Trafford despite the eight-point gap Manchester United enjoy over Chelsea at the Premiership summit.

"I won't be letting the players fall into the trap of thinking it's won," said Red Devils manager Ferguson.

"All we have done is given ourselves a foundation. There are many hurdles to be navigated in the run-in.

"That will be the test for us. I'm sure it will be ourselves and Chelsea, but I'm sure we will last the distance."

Having drawn at home to Arsenal, Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho is confident his side will get back to winning ways when Newcastle travel to the capital on Wednesday.

Victory against the Magpies would cut the gap at the top to five points and Mourinho has said the Blues are ready to fight to the last.

"If Sir Alex Ferguson thinks it's over he's in trouble, because it's not over," he said after the 1-1 draw against the Gunners.

"I think after Wednesday we will be five points behind and what is five points in a long Premiership season?"

Ferguson has landed eight Premiership titles in his 20 years at United and experience tells him December is too early to start lauding potential champions.

"To win the league, you have to have great consistency, particularly around March and April," added the Scot.

"Historically, we have done okay at that time of the year.

"All championship races are difficult, but the real test comes on the run-in when any mistake can cost you everything."

Chelsea are scheduled to host United five games from the end of the season in mid April. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ffs, Mourinho so crap at mind games. Yeah Fergie is already cracking open the champagne I'm sure.

Well alright he is, but not because he thinks the league is won, just because he's an alchie.

btw, how huge could that game at Stamford Bridge be in April icon_biggrin.gif

mart's unbelievably rubbish. couldn't even text him to give him a bollocking because i've broken my phone /O\

i've also just trod on some glass and dripped blood all across the living room floor icon_frown.gif

might still go anyway, so ner

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

I just hope if you want opinions on players or just a bit of help in general you ask in here rather than just giving the editor to everyone on redcafe. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i know that's sarcasm, but c'mon... icon_biggrin.gif

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Weststandred:

I hope the atmosphere at Spurs is good, people on RI are saying the United end yesterday was full of non-singers. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Apparantly a woman with a kid left after 60 mins, full of tourists filming the game/taking pictures.

Applied for Fulham yet?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scatter:

It's not quite the time to completely rule out Liverpool and mass mock them though, not for me anyway. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

pfffffffft. like hell it isn't.

it's on ffs. they're at billions. absolute billions. icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We'll see, still think they'll end up a lot closer to us by the end than a lot of people think.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Young Jimlad:

Obviously this is pure conjecture, and arguably anyone can beat anyone at this stage in the competition, but there are too many teams we could draw after/if we beat Lille who are going to be very problematic or have a slight edge over us to think that we’ll get past the last eight. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I disagree here. None of the top teams seem that threatening, at least compared to previous seasons. Milan have had a bad season even when you factor in the points deduction, Bayern are having their worst season in years, Real Madrid is a mess. I would like our chances against any of these clubs. Inter and Lyon, while playing great, are already on cruise control having practically clinched their league titles, and might have trouble upping their game in Europe against a club desperate for the three points week in week out. Even Barcelona, the probable favorites to win it, are weaker than last season. They are the only team I feel would be favored against us over two legs. The last few seasons have shown that the CL is a bit of a crapshoot but I'd be surprised if someone other than United, Chelsea, or Barca win it.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Real Zaragoza are hoping to turn Gerard Pique's loan deal into a permanent arrangement.

Pique is currently on a season-long loan at Zaragoza from Manchester United.

The 20-year-old has impressed during his spell at Zaragoza and the Spanish club are keen to keep Pique.

Pique's agent Arturo Canales says the player is interested in moving to Zaragoza.

"We are discussing details," said Canales. "Both Zaragoza and the player are interested in a permanent deal.

"Zaragoza need to maintain good relations with Manchester United in order to pull off the deal.

"The loan is turning out to be a success for everybody concerned." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I can't say im surprised. I think its a mistake if we let him go though.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jimbokav1971:

I think he is a selfish, petulant, immature, diving on the floor, foreigner.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sounds like Andy Murray.

• 2 weeks later...

sending abusive anti leeds to texts to the text wall in evolution in leeds on a night out getting many "**** off you munich red ****" messages. haha.

middlesbrough is ****ing ****. **** off the entire place and police. twats. rooney was AWFUL apart from the goal, didnt look fit in the slightest. very worrying. quite a fun match though. atmosphere was decent enough for most of the time bar 10mins after they scored.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

Beefing with everybody in here atm icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Who - you or me? icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Me icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

'with the league gone' icon_biggrin.gif

Stop with your damn anti-jinxing Juni icon_mad.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Exactly. So he shouldn't worry about the four games in 8 days then, as they're league games and therefore meaningless, Juni?

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

third one Honved or something like that? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Which method, memory or Juni?

'94 first round, even then we lost that game 3-2, although we won the tie.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived