The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

Torres signing

Midfielders signing

Ole scoring the winner in the CL final, then retiring in an emotional post-game speech

Fergie following suit (minus the goalscoring bit)

20 goals from the ginger prince

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i really hate Carrick and hope that United come to their senses in time and if they do try to sign him i hope he has the decency to say no, if he says yes i hope he goes on to prove me wrong by becoming the greatest United player of all time icon_smile.gif

also Tottenham are just a poor mans Chelsea except will never win anything.

i dont need to tell you what i think about Chelsea angryfire.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I may be delirious from lack of sleep and too much work but... yeah, go for it.

Clear out the deadwood (JOS, Silvestre, Fletch, Giggs, Rio) and go for broke with Pique, Rossi, Jones, Martin and co. Thumbs Up </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It happened before.....................

Never win anything with kids.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

tl;dr </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Which is why I put this bit at the start...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by, well, me:

And yes this is a long post so if you can’t be bothered to read it I don’t care just don’t bitch, just scroll down and take it as the following:

YAS! Celtic 0-3 Manchester United 7-7.5/10. icon14.gif

Mon the Ginger Prince! Mon Fletch! Evans is ffffb! icon_biggrin.gif

Jones only given 10mins icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

Villa Park is the only one of those moments that'd probably make my top 10. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He really did eat your dog didn't he and give your family AIDS didnt he? icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Andy Jordan:

Nick, I accept your apology. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm sorry for saying you swallowed a thesaurus. I did of course mean dictionary.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by elmonzo:

Wouldn't be at all surprised. So who else is there for right back this season? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wes/O'Shea?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">rubbish replacements? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah backups like John o shea in midfield (Even though he did do well) didnt help us at all last season, now we have scholesy Carrick fletcher and the O shea if need be.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by theis:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by theis:

oh ffs I thought it was just scouse fans on this board who have a ******** opinion of Sissoko </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

huh </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Watching football focus and they are talking about their premiership teams (Neville and Rooney in both of them) when some nob e-mails in complaining about the lack of sissoko. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif

• 4 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

I'm not yelling, i'm calmly pointing out that Scholes was the best midfielder on the park yesterday and it wasnt even a close run thing. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree i thought Scholes was by far man of the match last night especially when you consider the lack of games he's had this season. I can't remember him giving the ball away and his vision was awesome last night and he was unlucky not to score.

• 1 month later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">don't let your opposition alter the way you play. you impose your game on them. That's what we used to do, that's what Chelsea do now. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

aye which is exactly what we did at Bolton. Same team barring injuries against Pompey and Chelsea.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> "We've got Alan Smith on a speed programme that's very extensive but he's working very hard on it. Perhaps we mis-read the situation when he came back for pre-season, we were surprised how good he was but we didn't realise until Crewe and Southend how much work he had to do but he's working hard and improving". </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

• 2 weeks later...

Cudicini missed what, 3 games? Obviously unfortunate to have them both out at the same time but once he was back, they had more than able cover for Cech.

their back four has pretty much been fit all the way through, as have all their centre-midfielders (bar makelele right at the start) and strikers. cole's a big blow but how much would he have played anyway?

we've had park out for three months, smith out all season so far basically, ole, giggs and silvestre have missed a month, nev's been in and out. nothing seismic there but i don't see that chelsea have been much worse off yet. we've both basically kept our key players injury-free so far.

I love Darren Fletcher </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You wouldn't be human if you didn't.

You'd be Martin icon_frown.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Young Jimlad:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SirZ:

Im just surprised Heinze is going to be a free transfer in the summer. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He's not, its shoddy reporting.

Check back over the last few pages of this thread I'm sure someone linked or posted a copy of the extention he signed a while back. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ahh..ok

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by red&white army:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

451 on Tuesday blatantly /o\ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

most likely, and I can only see us drawing 0-0 if we do, unless we manage to scrape a goal like away to benfica

we won't win the Champions League playing 4-5-1. it makes no sense to change a system that has worked so well for so long. when will fergie learn? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

When Park will learn to shoot icon_biggrin.gif

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

OMFG!!!!!

Missed the 3rd goal as I was at the bar taking the **** out of Chelsea fans icon_biggrin.gif Also bet on 2-0 United icon_mad.gif

MOTM: Fletch - absolutely brilliant

2nd - Carrick, 2 great goals, and pulled the strings well.

AFFG: Richardson - as he was about to be brought on, and it distracted the players on the pitch.

• 2 weeks later...

haha keyser totally ott, our defence was fine apart from that 2minutes when rio took the knocked. stupid and inept tactically by rio there im afraid, if he was that bad get gabby to quickly come across and cover his position, or go down.

points lost, title is chelseas im afriad. We looked ****ed knackered, feel sorry for rooney out on the wings, dont know what fergies thoughts were behind that.

bulllllllllllshit icon_mad.gif

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

Was just on the wembley website and seems wherever you are in the ground you get a fantastic view, bit like Cardiff. James/Gonch etc how much were yours? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i dont have a ticket for wembley at this moment icon_frown.gif

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by smirky:

as I said, his performance in the final was complete ********. But that shouldn't disguise the fact that for some reason, his corner taking has been utter **** for ages now.

But still, whilst he may be responsible for losing the ball a lot of the time he has also been responsible for a lot of our creative play. Someone posted the MEN player ratings and they gave him a 7. I think a 7-8 would definitly be a fair assesment of his season. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

As an overall season, yes. Recently though, he has been poor. Pitty Park was injured otherwise it would have been interesting to see if he would have lost his place... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thats fair enough, I would hardly say he was great in the last month or two.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived