The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

James has already said there'll be a few slaps dished out if Wayne gets booed inside OT. Wouldn't want two forum heavyweights to come to blows now would we.

Anyway, vastly more important than this Roon/Ron b0llocks but recieving less than a hundredth of the attention:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">GLAZERS SET TO MORTGAGE UNITED’S ENTIRE FUTURE

The Royal Bank of Scotland is apparently on the case.

An excellent Wall Street source writes:

"Just learned on the financial grapevine that a UK bank has been mandated to put together the financing package for the stadium. Gate receipts and other merchandising income is likely to go into the pot and be sold off to financial investors. Get ready for another ‘Emirates Stadium’ type rebranding."

Such a 'mortgaging' is exactly the sort of deal which Leeds ventured into before they hit such trouble. If verified this would (along with confirming what BackBeat reported back in April in RI 98) ensure that the Glazers’ weasel way with words is exposed once again. This from their infamous MUTV monologue last July:

- What is your response to the allegations you are going to sell and lease back Old Trafford?

"Absolutely ridiculous! That’s been one of the real frustrating things we’ve read about and you just want to communicate directly that that’s not going to happen. There are absolutely no plans to do that. This is the heritage and the real foundation of this club so there is no thought process whatsoever to be doing that." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

i want 5 things to happen in the coming weeks:

1) rooney and ronaldo patch up any hint of a possible rift

2) ronaldo stays at united

3) true match going reds get behind ronaldo

4) he gets relentlessly booed at every away ground and uses it to spur him onto his best season yet for us, shoving it back down these *****' throats a la beckham '98

5) someone firebombs the sun's hq </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

hahahaha how vomit inducingly pathetic, "true match going reds" icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

If we're having a my dad is worse than yours contest can me and Mart join in? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just after my mum died, my dad became a full blown alcoholic, screwed me and my brother out of my mums will, kicked us both out and then married some whore.

I win icon_cool.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

Ruud's performances over the two legs against Real Madrid were in the same league as Keane against Juventus for me.

*waits to be hammered* </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

but we didnt win? am i missing something here?

kind of defies the point of comparing one of the greatest individual performances from one of our players in the last 10 years to an individual performance in which the individual didn't lead the team to victory?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keyser:

don't worry, alilaw I'm tough on BBB and tough on the causes of BBB </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's right Keyser icon_mad.gif

Give him an ASBBBO.

*Get's coat* </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

*burns it whilst alilaw is wearing it*

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

Eddie, I'd share but you didn't get me a pork and stuffing barm :*( </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's because I called you a tart again, innit ? icon_biggrin.gif

Ali's a toff, btw.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ajw10:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ajw10:

oh and its so nice to see the legend of Vieira living on in a United thread :**) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The least we could do after he gaaaave Giggsy the balll :***) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

what about when Vieira scored the winning pen? :******)

Or the goal in 1997? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There were no goals in year 1997... sometimes the memories will be false </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

bless still in denial icon_smile.gif

Anelka \o/

Vieira \o/ \o/

Platt \o/ \o/ \o/

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DeafParrot:

While we're posting about people's bans, gamesrater the same deal? And can you bring benkeat back? icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Neither have shown any positive change on the forums so not really, although benkeat would be the first to come back in that list.

• 1 month later...

Mark: Well, you must remember that for a large part of our country's history church and state were effectively one. This spiritual bureaucracy is reflected in the severity of monastic orders at the time. Under the terms of his oath a Benedictine Monk, for example, could not only never have sexual relations with a woman, nor did her ever talk to a woman, nor even approach within 50 yards of a woman.

Jimlad: I am aware of the scriptures.

Mark: That's you on your 18-30 holiday, that is.

http://images-eu.amazon.com/images/P/B00004CMQ3.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by snipersdream:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

Even if we do win the league/CL he needs to go at the end of the season </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We all damn well now that Fergie is only going when he's ready. I'd like to think he'd step down next summer on the back of a glorious season finale. But alas I expect it'll be by sacking on some Tuesday in November 2007, in a hail of acrimony. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Schmeichel said on football focus on saturday that Fergie had said he'd definitely retire if he won the CL again.

So he's never going icon_biggrin.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Some Chelsea fans are trying this out at a coupla coming up home games, they've picked Shed Lower, a coupla thousand can fit there, and are trying to publicise it as a game to get tickets there and to be ready/willing to sing etc

It'll be interesting to see how it works (if at all) but definitely start small and let it expand naturally.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

trafford sounds good if fatty's not turning up </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And it won't matter if it's freezing outside. icon14.gif

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

no matter the opinion on Saha's recent pathetic efforts it's not the game to chuck smudger into? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Larsson and Rooney kthx.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

i'm actually getting a bit nervous about tomorrow. might just sleep until half 6 to avoid a day of bricking it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So you're going to get up early just because there's a match on?

and yeah, the youth cup game finished 1-0. those who went will be able to say better but by all accounts we deserved at least a draw, and we're still in a good position for the return. team was as i suspected earlier - amos, eckersley, cleverley, chester, cathcart, welbeck, galbraith, drinkwater, hewson, brandy, fagan.

mart, did you apply for roma with my number?

• 4 weeks later...

\o/

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Manchester United have confirmed that Rio Ferdinand could be fit to face Sheffield United on Tuesday.

The Red Devils face a hectic fixture schedule as the season enters its final stretch, and with injuries mounting - United will be relieved to learn that Ferdinand does not have a serious injury.

He limped out of Saturday's FA Cup semi-final win over Watford with a groin injury which has troubled him in recent weeks, amid fears that he had seriously aggravated it.

However, Sir Alex Ferguson has confirmed that Ferdinand is okay and could line-up at Old Trafford against Sheffield United.

With Gary Neville, Mikael Silvestre, John O'Shea and Nemanja Vidic already sidelined - news of Ferdinand's all-clear will be a real boost to Ferguson. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

From SSN website.

when we lose I'll cave your head in then </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

we'll cave yours in now thanks

• 1 month later...

Archived