The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If he goes for a fee, that gives us a chance of getting a replacement. If he stays and plays half arsed, the team suffers through his performance, and the fee we'll eventually get goes down as well.

If he can be persuaded so he wants to stay, that's different. But i don't want us just keeping him for the sake of it.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JulesMUFC:

He was bad last game, people say about him being on the wing means he has bad games, but it is the basics which are lacking. I'd understand if he was trying to beat people and failing, or whipping balls in and failing, but simple link up passes, or passing it back with slight pressure. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i disagree, i think it makes a huge difference. the amount of time on the ball and the style of marking you face are vastly different on the wing than they are when playing in the middle. we all know fletch is **** on the wing... well, all of us bar fergie it seems. icon_frown.gif

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Daaaaave:

icon_mad.gificon_mad.gificon_mad.gif I hate him so much. I want to invent a time machine and travel back so I can strangle him in his crib as an infant. I'd rip his bloody....GOAL!!!YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS icon_cool.gificon_cool.gificon_cool.gif what a strike, son. I will name my firstborn cronaldo w. pigsbladder to honor him. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Kind of like Scousers and Gerrard and Burnt Shirts </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

haha 1 scouser, but good try. at least you were first with the weak beef, and that's something

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Terry Cheung:

Well we can speculate, but since Ole isn't a defender he was probably focused on stopping Lee at all costs, and had decided well before he got to him that he was going to sacrifice himself. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's certainly true

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Nah, it would have taken a fair extra effort to get the angle required for a fair tackle. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If he catches him, he doesn't need to make a fair tackle, just get in a position to prevent the shot and force him away from goal. Given he's already coming from the correct side to do that, i think it was still possible.

Anyway, all this speculation feels even more pointless than talking about which players we will/won't get in, if that's possible. icon_frown.gif

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by snipersdream:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by olipepper:

permanent deals? OMG it was bad enough when it was loans. where the feck did west ham get that kinda money from? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They may not have paid a penny. Stay tuned. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

is this the whole MSI thing?

if im brutally honest im not so much saddened. just really shocked. i knew we wouldnt get them, but at least arsenal or chelsea didnt. and if SAf decides he wants them so badly then west ham are unlikely to keep players that they could make at least 30m profit on (if they hadnt paid a penny) and surely cant keep them happy coming mid table.

/die everything

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

Jonny without an 'h' for a start icon_biggrin.gif

But it is amazing me how this incident has been totally missed by everyone. Like I said if it was me I wouldn't have complained but he definitely kicked a bottle into the crowd & he should be punished for it.

You cannot get away with kicking/throwing anything into the crowd. Yes he was getting stick & abuse but that doesn't give him the right to do what he did.

What is annoying me is how everywhere is saying he 'alledgedly' kicked a bottle into the crowd. Nevermind alledgedly, he ****ing did it & he did it on purpose.

I could list loads of incidents where players have been punished for doing similar but it would be a waste of time.

He is clearly going to get away with it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Didn't Smith do it against us in the Carling Cup and get investigated for it?

• 1 month later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

lovely but dim - i'll take that icon_cool.gif

got a stream of the youth game anyway, they're winning 2-0 - goals from Eikrem and Hewson. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm watching the same match. They're playing some good football. icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

Richie Jones has gone on loan to Colchester btw </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nick might get a game for the reserves at the minute.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bagpuss:

The copenhagen debt rests with you jonny not Mart.

If you are dumb enough to give him money to pas on its your own fault.

Mart that will be £30 you owe me next week with out fail then. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Season ticket was in Martin's possession. Therefore the money went to him. He hasn't spent it anyway. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well that would be a first if the cash still exists.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Manchester United striker Louis Saha and winger Cristiano Ronaldo picked up knocks against Chelsea and are doubts.

Saha's injury sees United struggling for strikers and Ryan Giggs could be used up front with John O'Shea and Darren Fletcher starting in midfield. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

oh please no

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

Rooney kissed the shirt again today I think. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Slightly predictable given your opposition.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

Manchester United winger Cristiano Ronaldo has cast doubt over his future by saying he does not know where he will be in six months. (The Sun)

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I heard he lives in Stockport so its no wonder hes looking to move.

Barratts are building some nice houses in Irlam.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

Security teams are investigating how six of Manchester United's Opus books, which are worth £4,250 each and weigh 88lb, went missing from a distribution warehouse in London. Two of the volumes have surfaced in Memphis and China. (Daily Mail)

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Aah diddums.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

ruud >>>> berbatov. no doubt.

last night was good though i missed the first 5 minutes so largely had to guess who was who.

i thought brandy looked like a livewire but he tried to do too much at times when a simple shot would suffice. still, raw pace to burn and a tricky player.

thought welbeck drifted a bit, may have been better off the bench, but again he looks very exciting for the future. i can see the wanchope comparison, though maybe thats just because he's leggy and quick.

was number 11 danny galbraith? because i thought he was the standout player for us, very composed and calm. impressed by ben amos in goal and our captain too.

as for arsenal i think they probably deserved the win overall, just about, they had a very physical, solid defence (including hoyte's brother and that traore lad(?)) that we struggled to break down. up front they lacked though and i thought their keeper looked suspect. as for fran merida, my gooner mate said he was no.4 - if he was i thought he was average, if he was no.10 i thought he was very composed and looked promising.

will be a close 2nd leg but i see arsenal nicking through tbh, we may struggle to breach their backline

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Just got home, good game, running out of defenders, Richardson still dire, off to bed icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We can always get JT. Crock him up for the rest of the season and then send him back to Chelsea icon_biggrin.gif

• 2 weeks later...

I assume that the line-up for tomorrow is pretty much nailed on as…

VDS – Fletch/Brown/Heinze/O’Shea – Ronaldo/Scholes/Carrick/Giggs – Rooney/Smith

Any word yet on likely candidates for the bench?

Obviously TK and Eagles are pretty much certainties and I’ve just read that Evra is probably going to start there. How bad is Ole’s injury? Is it so bad he won’t make it? I’m guessing Dong and Kieran Lee will be included, and to make it seven if all those are on there and nobody more senior declares themselves fit it’ll be someone like Michael Barnes to make up the numbers? Or what about the likes of Hewson from the youth team? I know they’re playing again later this week but if its just to make up the numbers and they aren’t going to be used anyway what’s the harm in putting him on there for the experience?

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by T!mbo:

Ryan Giggs can spare a couple if needed.

9 times \o/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

fb

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Franck Ribery has alerted England's top clubs by claiming he would be interested in a move to Manchester United, Arsenal or Chelsea should he decide to leave Marseille in the summer.

The French international has been given permission to leave Stade Velodrome if a suitable offer materialises, but his long-term future could yet be preserved if Marseille manage to secure a place in the UEFA Champions League in the last three games of the season.

Should l'OM fail to do so, then there is likely to be a long list of candidates for Ribery's signature as he has become one of the continent's hottest properties over the past 12 months.

Whilst seemingly ruling out a move to either Lyon or Bayern Munich, Ribery has explained he could be swayed by an offer to join one of Europe's biggest sides.

"It is true last summer OL were very interested in me, but now I am only attracted by abroad. If I would leave, it would only be for a foreign club," Ribery told France Football.

"I know I am not very excited by a country like Germany. I prefer English and Spanish leagues.

"The clubs that make me dream? Manchester, Barcelona, Real Madrid, Arsenal, Chelsea and Milan.

"Money won't make me choose because there is money in any of those clubs. I just want to play, I don't want to change my club just to stay on the bench."

Marseille are currently just one point shy of second-placed Lens following Sunday's 2-1 win over Monaco, a game in which Ribery claimed his fifth goal of the Ligue 1 campaign.

With a Champions League place a distinct possibility, Ribery has not ruled out extending his stay at Stade Velodrome.

"The day I leave Marseille, I would like to leave with my head held high, serene," Ribery added.

"My priority is to play Champions League football next season and why not with Marseille? I will do my best for l'OM to reach it.

"Then we will see what happens by the end of the season." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by cantonarv:

Also just looking at Alvaro Recoba he is out of contract at the end of the season. He's only 30 perhaps a cheeky bid for him?

Rotating him and Giggs would be sweet - He would be an awesome player for 2 years at least giving us more time and saving us money to buy Nani or whoever in a couple of years? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

As long as we don't have to face a team with Vinny Grella in it :**************************************************************(

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by No Longer Bling:

eh? is it REALLY likely they had no idea how profitable/non profitable the club was? not sure im buying this 'well theyre a bit gutted as its not the cash cow they thought it was' business. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think they knew how profitable/non profitable the club was, i think the question mark would be over how much capacity there was to increase that profitability. However, i would find it strange if they were to dump the club now, just before the new TV money comes into play.

• 2 weeks later...

Saha just crippling himself to spite us all now i reckon. bit of a tester for the board now i guess - i assume any move for a striker was on the proviso we'd sell a number of squad players, Saha probably being the most valuable. interesting to see whether Fergie's still given the go-ahead to bring someone in.

Archived