The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SirZ:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mikey G:

I think Carrick could become a fb attacking midfielder, sort of like Scholes. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Carrick hasnt got Scholes' instinct in making the right forward runs.He's more likely to make the passes than be at the end of the passes. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He's got the right abilities to be able to do it though. He's run through Arsenal when he played us was fb.

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20?:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

God I've had SSN on all day and it keeps coming up with breaking transfers all the time, none of them involving us /o\ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I did that yesterday, I refuse to do that again today icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Get a job to take your mind off things icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

Razzler way ahead of me it seems, but still worth it for some fb writing.

In 1939, the name "Orlando Boys Club" disappeared permanently from the scene and was replaced by "Orlando Pirates Football Club". Orally confirmed by no less authentic a source than Bethuel Mokgosiyane, this was the brainchild of Andries "Pele-Pele" Mkhwanazi.

I will be orally confirming things more often in the future icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Quite like the "no less authentic a source ..." bit icon_razz.gif

Are you taking the p!ss Carter? How many years now have we needed a central midfielder?

If Fergie yet again fails to buy one after buying two defenders in January then he needs to go. There are enough midfielders out there, hes had money available and enough years for this panic buy rubbish to be exactly that.

Ruud's build up play is ridiculously underrated, I've lost count of the number of times the ball was lumped up to him at the front while he was surrounded by players and he kept the ball and started a move that he often finished off himself. Less so this season maybe but beforehand for sure.

Season Ticket Delivery Update

The packs started to go out from the printers on Friday 28 July and they will continue to be despatched this week. We anticipate all books will be received by Thursday 11 August.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by deanb291186:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

Ruud scored a pen last night icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Saw the game last night, he played ok only had one other good chance, that he screwed up with a crap first touch which took it into the keepers arms, he looked a lot more mobile and took up some good positions but a couple of times got in Rauls way, the pen was pretty good, top right corner and powerful </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Get off the net Dean, soak up them rays!

I know there aren't many very interested in FC here, but this is worth a look. Some St Helens based Bolton fans turned up yesterday, put up their flag in the 'home end', started giving it the aeroplanes, cue an FC fan going , nicking their flag and chucking it out of the stand icon_biggrin.gif

Pic 1

Pic 2

Pic 3 - fc fans at the other end

Video

I always sign up for one of these at the start of the season then manage to foget about it after about a month. Anyways, I've signed up for this one

Insert Clever Name

Given

Neill

Brown

Dawson

Lennon

Parker

Alonso

Downing

Rooney ©

Ashton

Berbatov

Niemi, G. Neville, Reo-Coker, Taylor.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gregg Carter:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Maverick:

Yeah, I think Hargreaves would be a great signing, but if we pay £30m for him, I'm going to personally track Sir Alex down and carve the name "Javier Mascherano" into his forehead with a rusty penknife. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is that the same Mascherano who said this summer that he knows there is interest from Europe, but he's enjoying developing his game with Corinthians? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm sure we could change his mind. After all, who wouldn't want to join a club so clearly on the up?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

just WATCH us end up with neither </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, and I think it's pretty imperative that we sign one...

• 2 weeks later...

We really do need to bring in that final midfielder though. It's alright now after a good start saying it doesn't matter but we will see the benefit of it deep in the season. Especially when FA Cup, Champions League and League Cup games start.

• 2 weeks later...

oh and Eddie

A small number of Season Tickets are still available in the North Stand Tier 3 priced £486.00, these books guarantee a seat for every home game in the 06/07 season – as well as the right to apply for tickets to see United on the road.

Successful applicants are required to commit to buying all home cup tickets (Domestic and European) as part of the Automatic Cup Scheme.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

Sheff United should be 6 points a season. Its ok saying "oh i'll take a point" but if you want to win the title these days then a point just isnt good enough. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'd counter that by saying that you also have to be realistic. It's OK saying team x should be 6 points a season, but the reality is that you can't play well every game, some games are harder than others, and every team drops points on the road

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

And even if Giggs and Ronaldo dont start i dont see our manager giving the team another handicap to overcome by starting Richardson. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You do know Fergie is still our manager i take it?

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RedBlood:

Is there no match thread?

Anyway all my mates are busy or away today and my sky has been cancelled :\

Do i go to a pub on my own? never done this before and my local is closed for refurb so i can't even go somewhere that im known icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I watch most of the games that way.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

"For six weeks or so, we have operated with my heart in my mouth, hoping nothing serious would befall Louis or Wayne," added Ferguson.

"It was a situation that worried me - as I know it did our supporters."

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He's not totally oblivious then. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah strangely that somewhat reassured me :/

although we shouldnt have been in that position to start with so yea

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

I cannot believe we have that many season ticket holders.

Considering East tier 2 is used by away fans in cup games they cannot be season ticket seats plus the normal area in the South East corner for away fans in league games.

I would have though more around 56-58,000 season tickets personally. However if it is true then it does explain my chubbing for every home game apart from Celtic this season icon_biggrin.gif

Plus with that 10,000 strong waiting list I will never get a season ticket now icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There are season ticket holders in South tier 2, but cup teams wants to take that tier all the season ticket holders have to get moved to a different part of the ground.

But yeah, I agree 64,000 does seem too many, i'd have thought there is around 58,00-60,000.

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keyser:

Would this be a good time to tell you I had tickets for Reading and sold them on for a 300% profit? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Touts icon_cool.gif

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by No Longer Bling:

not worth even close to £25m

GET BENT FERGIE. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Likewise Bent not even close to being worth the £18m that was turned down in January.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

The only person in this thread who should be an aspiring writer is Jimlad, and then only if they pay per word. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I wrote an entire script in teh Buffy thread, give me money.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by goon:

I always thought I wasnt welcome in here, this is a boost, I'll start posting more icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Pires is banned iirc, so we do actually require a token Arsenal cretin if you're interested icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why what happened to Keyser?

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">If you are trying to depress me then you are doing a very good job at it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It depresses me too icon_frown.gif

Archived