The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JamieDay:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keyser:

any idiot can overhit a cross or hit a corner that fails to make it past the first man. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Exactly, he's ****ing crap anyway.

I remember now, you're on my wavelength, he's the Portuguese Gronkjaer icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Been saying it for 2 seasons now icon_cool.gif

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> "We have options among our forwards. Alan Smith should be back by the end of August. He is a player we intend to convert back to centre-forward after a spell in the midfield last season. We have Louis Saha and Wayne Rooney and there is the possibility we may keep Giuseppe Rossi if Van Nistelrooy does leave.

"It would be a consideration to keep Rossi at Old Trafford. I would prefer that he went on loan for six months anyway, so I have some good options." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

A few extra lines to add onto what Nick said.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20?:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

This is utterly horrible icon_frown.gif

Like his suit icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And the translator icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And his haircut icon_frown.gif

• 2 weeks later...

lads off on hols tomorrow so wont be about to give you the traditional good luck pre season message so

good luck you hideous collection of massive *****, I hope you win **** all (or worse the league cup again) and generally have a shlt time

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

you let your country down.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by wfc15:

13m is way too much for Hargreaves.

It really is ridiculous that, prior to the World Cup, almost every England fan disliked Hargreaves, yet paying 13m is now considered acceptable. He played well for 3/4 games but he still has limited abilities. One minute he's unbelievably awful and is completely useless and the next minute, all Man U fans are urging Fergie to sign him. He's a decent player but he's worth 8.5m tops.

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre"> </pre> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Played class for Bayern, alot of people have said that, people who do see him week in week out.

so stfu

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Asmodeus:

Rooney's back for the game against us then right? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, although he'll have a CL game the midweek before so he won't be going into the game against you completely cold.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hero of the Day:

How many people use the red issue forums here? What the hell does the abbreiation 'nft' mean? Its doing my head in they all use it and i haven't a clue what they are going on about. Or is it blatantly obvious and now look like a right prat? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

nft = no further text icon_smile.gif

I had no idea either fella icon_biggrin.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Looks like Bayern may be even keener to hang onto Hargreaves in january

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Without the injured Owen Hargreaves and the once-again-dropped Martin Demichelis, Bayern's central midfield is being led by 20-year-old Andreas Ottl and recent Dutch signing Mark van Bommel. Against Werder, Van Bommel once again looked far from the leader that Bayern thought they'd bought from Barcelona to replace Michael Ballack. Bayern's midfield and defence was exposed again and again by Diego's clever passing and the tireless running of Hunt and Klose. Hargreaves is due back in late November and (in an uncanny echo of the England debate) with each stumbling Bayern performance he is cast as the man to rescue Bayern's troubled midfield - not what Sir Alex Ferguson wants to hear if he is still intent on buying Hargreaves in the upcoming transfer window.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

haha people still not giving drogba the credit he deserves icon_biggrin.gif

oh, and kalou has looked really good from the bench so far this season </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Who isnt giving Drogba any credit? From what i can see people have mentioned Chelsea having a lack of depth up front.

Everyone knows Drogba is finally looking great but he still rolls around like a girl every two seconds.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Another 3 points to send us 6 clear. You cant ask for more.

The two things that have come from this though is that Saha needs to be stopped from taking penalties and Heinze shouldnt be starting before Evra.

4 pens for us this season and you couldnt tell any of them apart. 1 saved, 2 keepers have got their hand to and 1 great one. I have no doubt pen #5 with be the same lazy arsed side foot into the same corner and despite what Curbs says Ronaldo should be given the job.

And Heinze fecks up and costs us a goal. Awful header and i just dont understand why Evra isnt starting these games. Paddy has been great this season and while Heinze is good i dont see what he has done to start before Evra.

• 4 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

Do you think Pires777 actually realises how stupid he is?

"Your top of the league and drew so the gap could be cut to 4 points clear. Haha thats so funny" icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The Your instead You're was done because i dont believe he knows the difference, it wasnt a spelling mistake at all.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

Is anyone actually thinking of going to this treaty of rome thing? £17 a pop I think. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

id love to if only to see becks at ot one last time (assuming we dont get real in later rounds) but i wont be able to take the time off work icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mate he's gone, get over it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Haha icon_biggrin.gif

And Becks can rot.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bagpuss:

We better not get to the FA Cup final as i am running a Marathon in Derbyshire that day icon_frown.gif

Also running another marathon the day after too icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I thought I had it bad not being able to go to the semi, but you could miss the final. icon13.gif

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

bbc squads are rubbish, we'll have a bigger squad than that unless we're going with only 5 subs, which would be pretty pointless.

and Cathcart's out for the season with an injury he picked up in training.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> MIKEL JOHN OBI has taunted Manchester United by claiming: You don’t deserve the title.

The £16million Chelsea star, who snubbed a move to Old Trafford after a bitter row, insists the Blues have been the better side.

The Nigerian said: “We deserve to win the title because of our hard work, determination, the injury crisis and everything.

“I think United have been lucky at some points this season while we’ve had a long list of injuries to cope with. Overall, we’ve been the better team.

“On the strength of our performances we would be worthy champions, because we gave it our all.â€

Chelsea, who are at Arsenal tomorrow, are five points adrift of United, who face local rivals City today.

But Mikel, 20, insists the title race is not yet over. He said: “We’ve played more games than any club in England and still we are showing our ability to win games under any circumstance. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

:*( Thanks for paying for Carrick fwiw

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I'm sure someone with more knowledge can explain it better/more accurately. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not you Gregg.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">get back to administration and near total destruction please. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif

Archived