The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gregg Carter:

tbh mark, he could have been arguing the foul.

I wasnt sure what the ref had given for myself. Whether it was Rooney fouling or being fouled. He could easily have blown up for either.

In the melee, players could easily become misinformed as to whats going on. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't buy that. He'd very clearly given it to portugal before Ronaldo arrived. There was no doubt which way he was pointing.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Francis Cole:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20?:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Francis Cole:

Rossi and Pique still -8's in the new data icon_frown.gificon_frown.gificon_frown.gificon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ffs icon_biggrin.gif

I reckon this researcher guy is trying to sabotage us in the game. Arsenal get -10's all over the shop and a talent like Rossi gets -8 icon13.gif

Any chance you could tell us what Gibson and Jonny Evans are? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Gibson 85/-8

Jonathan Evans - I can't actually bring myself to type his potential as you might kill youself. Let's just say he's not, -10, or -9, or -8. icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_frown.gif

That's actually a joke. Might actually have to use the editor for once :/

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

What country are you from? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

Surprised at the number of people picking Given. He'll have to make an awful lot of saves to make up for the lack of clean sheets and the number of goals Newcastle will concede with that defence. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He did pretty well last season - more points than Cech, and only VDS was more than 10 points ahead of him. At £5m, Friedel is the only other real option, was a toss-up between the two of them.

Even putting aside the fact Wayne's red card was stupidly harsh, it's so ****ing galling that Neil Mellor was sent off for the same 'offence' that Wayne was dismissed for back in 2003, and yet he recieved no ban at all. And while I appreciate that in that instance there was no report sent to the FA, why the hell is that? Do referees/FA's decide which reports to send on based on the profile of sent-off players?

The whole thing is a ****ing joke of epic proportions, even by the FA's standards.

Christ our defence has been so so bad. Right from the first minute, they've been shÑ–tting themselves every time Watford come forward. Silvestre is getting raped every time by Young and Rio and Wesley have looked so nervous any time the ball goes near them. :/ Seriously need to wise up second-half.

Haven't been too bad going forward, the goal was well worked and the kidneybean-headed holocaust took it well tbf. Should maybe have had a couple more, Saha had a great header from a corner well saved. Since Watford scored though all we've had is a couple of Ronaldo shots from outside the box. Ole looks totally out of place on the left-wing tbh, should get Park on for him at half-time, not sure why he didn't start.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

oh man EVERY time I hope that volley from the half way line just goes in icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know what you mean, just had the 00/01 review video on and thought the same icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Terry Cheung:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by player_65:

suspended for giving the bird to Benfica fans last season </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

what are the odds on a repeat this year? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Unlikely, if it wassay the fourth game and we were winning/already through he might try it, but a win next match won't see us through so he wouldn't want to risk getting banned

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

looks like the United BOTU challenge is falling on its arse.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Four left in the final 16 is arse-bruising ?

Admittedly, there won't be four left in the last 8 but it's hardly a bad showing.

I'm surprised I got this far, tbh. Gl to the others left running.

• 4 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

Larsson's debut against Martin O'Neill's Aston Villa. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

people keep forgetting we have newcastle on new years day. don't think there's any reason he won't be able to feature there is there? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, should be nothing at all stopping him playing, but all the press is saying he will likely make his debut in the 3rd round of the cup due to not being eligible for the Geordie game.

• 5 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

Manchester United have been told to forget about signing Rino Gattuso from Milan at the end of the season.

The Premiership giants have been constantly associated with the Italian international, but his representative can’t see a switch taking place.

“United have made numerous attempts to net Gattuso, but I think I can say that Milan will start the new season with him,†agent Claudio Pasqualin told Teleradiostereo Sport.

The former Perugia, Rangers and Salernitana man joined the Rossoneri in the summer of 1999.

Manchester United have been looking for a new central midfielder for some time and are expected to make a fresh bid for Bayern Munich’s Owen Hargreaves.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, the annual Gattuso rumours begin

• 2 weeks later...

i'm not sure if these have been posted before..

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> The tune is Mcnamara's band a Bing Crosby hit many years ago.

(Some sang a Brian McClair song to it also)

His name is Henrik Larrson

he's a swedish goal machine

he used to play for Celtic

but doesn't know Roy Keane

he played for Barcalona too

and has a baldy head

but we don't give a ****

because now the mans a red

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

By the "famous" Peter Boyle.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> To the tune of "take a chance on me" by Abba.

"When you've no men up front and the owners a ****

Who won't pay a fee

Henrik Larrson's free

Who needs Torres or Jermain Defoe

But in ten weeks time hes got to go"

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

By some random guy on RI forum.

What do you think?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Reserves match moved

Thursday night's Manchester Senior Cup tie between United and Bury will now take place at the Cliff training ground, kicking off at 7pm.

Brian McClair's side were supposed to travel to Radcliffe Borough to face the Shakers, but heavy rain prompted a late switch of venue.

United will look to continue the fine form which has prompted a charge to the top of their Senior Cup group. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

awesome, f**k off Hyde \O/

the Cliff's basically a ten minute walk from here. still think it'll be called off if this wind and rain keeps up, but at least now i can hang on until the last minute to check rather than finding out when i get to Hyde icon_cool.gif

team for those who care:

Tom Heaton

Danny Simpson

Kieran Lee

Michael Lea

Conor McCormack

Lee Martin

Chris Eagles

Floribert N'Galula

Jamie Mullan

Antonio Bryan

Séan Evans

Bench: Lee Crockett, Corry Evans, Matthew James, Oliver Norwood.

No-one who played in the youth cup game last night is involved, so we've got a defence with one centre-back, two full-backs and a midfielder, a midfield with three wide players and one defensive midfielder, and two wingers upfront \O/

Two fifteen year olds and a sixteen year old on the bench as well icon_biggrin.gif

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Razor Eddie:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jep:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

Ah.

Liverpool result is good for us, in a couple of ways. icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't worry lads, you don't need to worry about us catching you anymore.

It's OFF </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Look, it was never even on, was it ? Seriously ? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well it has been done in the past from similar positions, as you lot well know. There was always slight hope........

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Juni:

afaik Mart and Nick are doing Fulham

I know posting MSN convos is frowned upon, but still

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

Nick says:

trying not to get carried away

Matt/Mika says:

yeah you always have to be wary, but i'd rather be top than bottom i guess

Matt/Mika says:

reliability seems the most encouraging thing

Matt/Mika says:

basically no problems so far

</div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Like it. Much. icon_wink.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">and you're coming to our game why exactly? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, to se Totti being destroyed, obviously... icon_wink.gif

• 3 weeks later...

What IS racist being a shop keeper, have a white man pick up a wrapped ice-cream, then put it back and pick up another and then when a malaysian comes in (he is not even black ffs) and touches a wrapped ice-cream and wants to put it back he says to him: "you have to buy that, you are not allowed to put it back".

THAT is racist. Not this whole freakin namecalling that most of the time people don't even mean it.

• 4 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Officers are concerned that some of the tickets may have been bought by Manchester United fans. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Some

Must be a good 1000 on United in that lot

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">but at the end of the day a net transfer profit of £4m in the summer </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

But look where a net transfer debt gets you icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'd like to believe there's a comfortable middle ground between making £4m, and spending £200m you haven't got icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by thepain:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Juni:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by EmmYouEffSee:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

Football is made up of subjective feeling, of suggestion - and, in that, Anfield is unbeatable. Put a **** hanging from a stick in the middle of this passionate, crazy stadium and there are people who will tell you it's a work of art. It's not: it's a **** hanging from a stick.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ahahaahahahahaha icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Absolute class! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

pretty classless actually, given his own Real Madrid hardly play the most attractive football around. Look closer to home Jorge my boy. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Valdano is not the manager of Madrid. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

O_o

Tell me more.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived