The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

Who wouldn't look forward to the eve of our big game against Reading? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Maybe he's going down a day early to really savour the atmosphere?

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20?:

Someone on the Sanctuary is trying to convince me Richardson is a better left-back than Gaby. Why am I responding? icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What is their line of arguement? icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's in a thread about the Gaby to Real rumours:

"We didn't miss him last season imo"

"Silvestre and Richardson both offer more at left-back"

"He's the most over-rated player ever"

Etc etc.

Tbf, the guy in question is a complete moron with a track record of talking utter rot (last week's "Benitez plays Gerrard at right midfield because he knows he's not good enough to play in the centre" being a shining example") so why I bothered even taking issue with him I don't know.

Where would we be without Soccernet and their typos :*)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">China boss worried by Untied Dong plan

China coach Zhu Guanghu has expressed concern over Manchester United's plan for Dong Fangzhou to receive a European passport, believing it would make him ineligible to represent his country in the 2008 Olympics.

United coach Sir Alex Ferguson revealed on Tuesday that Dong, who has spent the last two-and-a-half years on loan at Belgian side Royal Antwerp, will qualify for a European passport in December.

That would free him up to launch a career in the Barclays Premiership.

While delighted by United's eagerness to bring the 21-year-old over to England after his long loan spell in Belgium, Zhu believes Dong would be unlikely to take up a foreign passport as he would have to renounce his Chinese citizenship and give up on his international career.

'I am very pleased that Manchester United have recognised Dong's ability as he is a very talented player,' said Zhu.

'I know that he is capable of performing at a high level and it would be a great honour for him to play for Manchester United in the English Premier League.

'However, our government does not allow dual nationality and since Dong is an important member of the team that we are preparing for the 2008 Olympics, I don't think that he would give up his Chinese nationality in order to get a passport in Europe.'

Dong was signed by United from China Super League side Dalian Shide in early 2004, but the striker's appearances for the Red Devils have been limited to pre-season friendlies as he has not yet been able to qualify for a UK work permit.

However, the Chinese youngster has made steady progress and has already represented his country at the senior level, appearing in both of China's AFC Asian Cup qualifying matches earlier this year.

Ferguson lavished praise on Dong after he scored the only goal in United's 1-0 win over South African side Kaizer Chiefs on Tuesday evening.

'He has played four times for China already, so clearly he has a lot of potential,' said the United boss.

'He has the speed and physicality and his technique is improving all the time.

'He has improved a lot but we expect that and he has to continue it if he wants to be a player.'

There could be good news for Zhu, if United can persuade Home Office officials Dong is worthy of a work permit.

Ferguson also said earlier this week: 'We could apply for a work permit on the fact the lad has played four times for China.'

Special dispensation can be given to players judged to be outstanding talents, and Ferguson added: 'We might be able to get a work permit on potential as it stands on appeal.'

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Apparently he wants more protection.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> The board of Bayern Munich would like to clarify its position on the multitude of news and statements regarding Owen Hargreaves.

Bayern told Owen Haargreaves and his agent that the current contract with the club will be in abided by until 30.6.2010

Up to this day there have been no negotiations between Bayern and Manchester or any other club. There will be no future talks regarding the transfer of Owen Hargreaves.

Bayern Munich told Manchester Utd today that the club should refrain from further inquiries concerning Owen Hargreaves. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

Gahahah icon_biggrin.gif

Alilaw's cap'n is O'Shea </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have to stick to my convictions icon_cool.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Razor Eddie:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

Should be able to spot yourself on my photo then icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

\o/ Yup, I'm there.

Hint, look for the Argie shirt. About five rows back. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lies ! That was taken before we even got to our seats. icon_biggrin.gif

The kickabout was just finishing as we came down those few steps. (Held up because some **** had omitted to remove the ticket from the bunch. icon_frown.gif)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by defusion:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

Calm down, we'll sign Hargreaves. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

no you won´t, I´ll bet you 10pounds that he won´t join before end of August. Bayern won´t sell him regardless of what ManU thinks as he is now a vital part of there team and allowing him to go would leave a huge gap in the team with no time to find someone to replace him. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

I'll take that bet mate icon_cool.gif

The Times saying we're back in for Torres as well. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_cool.gif you can send the money via paypal to the address in my profile icon_biggrin.gif

the ironic thing is I think he will sign for you in the Jan transfer window but it was never going to happen this time around tbh

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JulesMUFC:

dammit it was gone by the time i went to click it, are you old enough to be a senior? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmmmmm

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keyser:

PJ might not have been rip roaringly funny, but by god he hit the nail on the head icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Get bent, I didn't even mean with a girlfriend ffs.

NWAF*

Unless it's James07?'s mum. I'm disgusted by you byebecks, you're on THE list along with wakey icon_frown.gif

ta Bling

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

[26] Saha on Ruud

Monday, October 30, 2006

“I’m not going to be hypocritical because I was disappointed when Ruud went. He scored 30 goals a season for us and he was someone I really liked so I was sad to see him go. But we have found a way of playing this season that is getting the results we need. We are scoring goals from all parts of the pitch and we are definitely playing more together this season. It’s down to the maturity we may have been lacking previously. People like Cristiano Ronaldo and Rooney have really come of age. Paul’s return has been crucial — it’s been like signing a new player.†</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wahey \o/

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by snipersdream:

I thought Baines was a right back? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Did you not see his goal against us?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

3 keepers, 8 defenders, 7 midfielders and 5 forwards

Peter Schmeichel, Les Sealey, Raymond Van Der Gouw

Paul McGrath, Arthur Albiston, Gary Neville, Denis Irwin, Rio Ferdinand, Jaap Stam, Steve Bruce, Gary Pallister

David Beckham, Andrei Kanchelskis, Roy Keane, Bryan Robson, Paul Scholes, Ryan Giggs, Cristiano Ronaldo, Norman Whiteside

Eric Cantona, Mark Hughes, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, Wayne Rooney

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Jesus christ.

Matt/Ant etc can we not just for ONCE enjoy the win and start all the pessimist bollox tomorrow?

jesus, we've won the hardest away of the season against our most HATED rivals.

enjoy it and be your usual selves tomorrow

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I know I'm not even a Will Bailey </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

More Ed or Larry tbf. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Now that hurts. icon_frown.gif

• 4 weeks later...

Saha April 2nd 2007

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">"I don't think I could be any fresher," he told The Mirror.

"I've missed quite a few games this year and I've so much pent-up energy that I want to get out of my system.

"I feel like I've got something to prove again. I'm raring to go. I'm confident and I want to be back playing and scoring goals. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Fergie on Saha April 9th 2007

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

“He’s not fit,†said the boss. “He felt his hamstring was a bit tight in training on Friday in Rome. Therefore, we have to be on the cautious side.

“There’s no point in bringing somebody back who is not 100% fit and then them suffering further injury. Maybe he will be fit for Saturday’s cup tie against Watford, but not for the Roma game.†</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_rolleyes.gif

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">just watching Ronnie's acceptance speeches, what an utter utter hero. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

"It's coming" Possibly the best answer to What's your highlight of the season? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

haha

that, the polemic, the "maybe I'm too good" .... such a legend.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by The_Fish:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by The_Fish:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RedBlood:

Am i the only one who thinks Everton is the biggest game we have played in years? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes.

Tonight clearly much bigger. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

how? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Defeat tonight and the treble dream is all but gone. Also tonight the momentum should see you through against Everton.

Defeat against Everton isn't the end of the world. The Chelsea game is going to be HUGE whatever the result at Goodison. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

f**k the treble dream, it's a one of a kind, we NEED to be looking to secure the Premiership.

I love the CL dont get me wrong, but Everton is a massive massive game.. dont think Chelsea will let us off another slip up

• 3 weeks later...

Choking up at 'replenishment assistant' icon_biggrin.gif

Could anyone be a darl and find what our transfer record was roughly the few years before Glazer, as compared to the +4m profit this season?

Just curious really. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Display technician infinitely cooler but the yrefused to put it on my contract icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gregg Carter:

Why are we getting a new kit next season? Surely there's another year to go with the current one? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm sure you'll be stunned to know that the club announced a little while ago that we'll now be changing kits every year.

Their marker research showed that each new kit is a source of enormous excitement for us fans, so simply to please the masses they’re doing us the honour of releasing more. Nothing whatsoever to do with finding every last opportunity to suck each and every penny of disposable income out of anyone that’s ever heard the name ‘bobby charlton’ honest. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Told you guys so.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">My "200 scousers stuck at John Lennon Airport" thread is booming, some photos of the scousers with tickets have been photoshopped too. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wonder if Gillet and Hicks will demand that their tickets are redistributed?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

pick a user of the year/worst user Keith you bottler icon_mad.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

no stand out candidates under either category tbf

according to the news on TV here atm Anderson was 31M €

Porto bought him for 8M€ last year he played 16 games (out with injury for a long time) and just recouped 25M € for him (the rest is to the agent company)

So now Anderson is the record sale in Portugal costing more than R.Carvalho did.

Nani is also Sporting's biggest ever sale

Archived