The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

Redcafe icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And it all becomes clear...

I'd be happy if we got one of those players. Or even half of one [insert Franck Ribery joke in here] </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well it seemed as though a few on here were heading towards the point of no return so I figured it made sense to lighten the mood/reaffirm my delusions that we're actually going to sign someone.

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Rooney & Scholes free for opener

Rooney and Scholes both scored before being sent off against Porto

Wayne Rooney and Paul Scholes will be available for Manchester United's Premiership opener with Fulham, despite being sent off in a pre-season match.

The game was in Holland and the Dutch Football Association's report to its English counterparts was delayed in the post, so the duo can play on 20 August.

An FA spokesman told BBC Sport that the report had not arrived by close of business on Tuesday evening.

Any suspension would apply 14 days on from when the FA receive the report.

Rooney was dismissed for allegedly elbowing Pepe in the 3-1 win over Porto in Amsterdam while Scholes was sent off for two bookable offences.

The referee's report to the Dutch FA automatically triggers a letter to the FA, which would be duty bound to give both players a violent conduct charge.

If proved, that charge carries carried a three-match suspension.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JulesMUFC:

haha every game Ive been to jonny turns up hung over as **** looking excatly the same(like ****) and complaining how much like **** he feels.

i <3 jonny. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You know me too well icon_frown.gif

Went out Saturday night straight from work adter working an extra 90 minutes as a driver needed help with deliveries. Got home at about 2am Sunday morning, had a (drunken) shower. Up at 6AM for work. Worked 7-11AM, got changed at work then got on the bus to town. Got to the wall around half 12 looking/feeling & most probably smelling like crap \o/

Then I got home fell asleep at 8pm & woke up half an hour ago icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Terry Cheung:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

Yeah Bodmer would have been a great season, am surprised he's not moved onto Lyon in the summer. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

great season = great buy icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Never heard of him. Where is he from? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lille, that was who Juni and Rich were talking about above. He's a good destructive midfielder, who would have been ideal for us when we missed out on Hargreaves and Senna.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

better than saying "nah wasn't good enough" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

the possibility is the vast majority of fans dont actually know much about Mascherano at all and will just follow Gill's comments that he's actually not very good and more suited to a club of West Ham's level

Never underestimate the stupidity of the average person

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

Heinze was terrible as well. Three challenges that were borderline yellow cards, dived in and missed Seol on more than one occasion, and generally not at the races for large parts of the game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

heinze not that awful imo. he still absolutely owns silvestre.

nev had an absolutely terrible match a la rooney.

vidic was sound aswell.

ferguson to blame tbh. rooney as lone man just a no-go

• 2 weeks later...

nterview in the latest issue of Inside United magazine, he was asked if he thought there would ever be a repeat of a group of players coming through the ranks like the famous Class of ’92. “We certainly hope so,†he said. “This club’s history is steeped in the production of young players and I think it would be an insult to the youngsters we have here to suggest that we couldn’t find players of a similar quality – although it is difficult.

“Looking back down the years, Sir Matt produced a conveyor belt of exceptional young players – and I think we’ve done quite well compared to other clubs in England. We have a great academy system here where the lads can also get a good education.

“There are great facilities and there is no reason why we can’t see more and more exceptional talent coming through and breaking into the first team.â€

The process for bringing young players through has changed rapidly down the years. And, in a bid to help the players be fully prepared for first team football, Sir Alex is utilising the tactic of loaning out players more frequently to bridge the gap between the Reserves and the first team.

United currently have 12 players farmed out to other clubs across Europe. Even though the Reds have players in England, Scotland, Belgium, Holland and Denmark, Sir Alex is kept comprehensively up to date with their progress.

“We have a terrific network of scouts who report on how they’re doing,†he said. “Jim Ryan (director of youth football) in particular, he went to Antwerp to watch the lads we have there, so we get full reports on how all the boys are getting on.

“We hear about Chris Eagles, who is at NEC Nijmegen in Holland, while Paul le Guen calls me after each game to tell me how Phil Bardsley and Lee Martin are getting on up at Rangers, and we can watch Ben Foster at Watford – he’s doing extremely well – and Tim Howard at Everton."

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have an awful feeling that we are going to get a team that includes Richardson tomorrow.

For the life of me i just cant see Fergie not using the squad players again.

Van Der Sar, Brown, Ferdinand, Silvestre, Heinze, Fletcher, O'Shea, Giggs, Richardson, Saha, Solskjaer

Or something very close to that.

If you had to pick a 23 man squad from Man Utd players you had seen play in your lifetime who would be in it?

3 keepers, 8 defenders, 8 midfielders and 4 forwards.

Keepers: Peter Schmeichel, Edwin Van Der Sar, Raimond Van Der Gouw

Defenders: Gary Neville, Denis Irwin, Rio Ferdinand, Jaap Stam, Steve Bruce, Gary Pallister, Ronny Johnson, Mikael Silvestre

Midfielders: David Beckham, Andrei Kanchelskis, Roy Keane, Paul Ince, Bryan Robson, Paul Scholes, Ryan Giggs, Cristiano Ronaldo

Forwards: Eric Cantona, Andrew Cole, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, Ruud Van Nistelrooy

Silvestre only gets in because hes my favourite player despite the feck ups. Was a choice between him and henning Berg in the end.

• 4 weeks later...

If Ronaldo & Rooney start I expect us to hit 4. watford don't have Foster in net & they sold Young to Villa.

So a slightly unsettled backline with the new keeper (Lee?) & us going forthe throat should guarantee us some goals.

Setting off now. Martin be at the wall for half 6.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I'm happy with how things are going at Spurs. We had a bit of a false dawn last season almost finishing 4th, but at least we are moving in the right direction. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_smile.gif

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

should we have? must've missed that, probably clutching my face in agonising tensenessness. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Saha clearly brought down /o\

Not like it matters now though icon_cool.gif

• 3 weeks later...

A fit Louis Saha is a brilliant asset for us. Really liked his partnership with Rooney. As so many have said though, it just can't be relied on. Ideally, I'd like to bring someone in next season and retain King Louis, rotate them a bit like, but I doubt he'd be happy with that tbh.

• 3 weeks later...

Very true, although strange how Newcastle created nothing really and still managed to beat us, we gift wrapped 3 points. We were ok ish before the Reina mistake

I fancy Chelsea to catch united now, that Portsmouth match, and Chelsea scoring very late against Watford being the turning point

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">David Gill can go **** himself btw </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Didn't think the reaction here would be in agreement to him icon_biggrin.gif

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RedBlood:

Did anyone get the 3 to sign right?

irrelevant award now </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

James did. incredible foresight really

You know what rules about this thread, sorry to non-wallers, every single one of you i've met are utterly awesome people and some of you I'd consider REAL friends :*)

aside from carter ofc.

bling, come to the wall you homo </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I still maintain I will never go to the wall if I'm going to Old Trafford with my mate.

I don't care if ryans bought his mum, ASIFB has bough his uncle, BBB has bought his scouse bird or even if james has bought his wife to the wall. You're all weirdo's icon_biggrin.gif

Will probably be going to old trafford a couple of times on my own next season as I will be living in London/earning and will try and link in visits to Old Trafford with visits home so hopefully get free trainfares. If I do I will definitly come down to the wall with some delicacy.

Archived