The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20?:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Francis Cole:

At least we have the future Man Utd researcher if needs be.

http://community.sigames.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/521102691/m/6292037932

icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Rumbled icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

To think you tried so hard to hide your true identity by using such an outstanding username.

I guess the posting style gave you away icon_frown.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keyser:

Butt was crap, PNev was crap, Keane was on a downward spiral, ditto Scholes (SO looking forward to him mistiming tackles this season) Fletcher just isn't good enough, Kleberson was a sicknote and Djemba Djemba was Ali Dia's brother.

The signs were there. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There was a time when people did actually rate Djemba etc though icon_eek.gif

Because two years ago we were still faffing about with keeping/offloading the likes of Djemba, Kleberson and Nicky Butt whilst at the same time trying to bring in Smith and spend money on Rooney as well as SAF continually trying to extend the use we could get out of Keano?

Out of every player that we've missed out on in the last 3 years or so for "reasonable fees" Scott Parker is the one that galls me the most precisely because Newcastle have picked up a player who I do think is top class material for a bargain fee.

While I do think that its criminal that we didn't sign him I do think that there were other issues as far as our squad makeup and transfer targets at that time that will have impacted our desire/efforts to get someone of that price bracket in.

Last summer I can to some extent accept as well mainly because of the post-takeover situation, the need for VDS and what was probably a necessary signing in JSP. Vidic is another signing I can for the most part accept now as well despite high levels of scepticism at the time. Evra however is another matter, I do think that the £5m on him could/should have been spent on a midfielder, especially in the wake of Keano's departure.

However, at that point in the season we weren't going to get anyone from our CL breathren who'd advanced past the group stage, there'd be the same question marks over anyone from non-European competition clubs as there are over Evra and anyone worth pursuing domestically were/are too important to their clubs for us to get them for a fee of around £5m anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

Right, my girlfriend's ticket for Sunday is going spare - it's in one of the new quadrants, £35, she's not expecting all of that back but she'd quite like a little bit in the way of recompense. Say £20 or so, still cheaper than a ticket anywhere would normally cost.

No, she won't accept payment in sexual favours icon_mad.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> "We've not spent all of this year's transfer budget, but we are not interested in Gravesen," declared Gill in Sunday's papers.

"Maybe people did not think we had money after the takeover but perceptions are often not the same as reality. We will see what happens this summer, but there's cash to spend.

"Although we have [Nemanja] Vidic and [Patrice] Evra now, as Alex says, it is clear we need to strengthen in midfield and buy a very big player - the fans want that and we aim to do it.

"But to identify that player is not easy and then to attract that player is again not easy. However, the strength of the club means we are very confident of being able to recruit the very best.

"We will be making one or two very big signings in the summer, but the players we want are playing in the Champions League, so we will have to wait."

</div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't. Just don't.

Gill is just a massive **** AND utterly useless at his job.

what a combo :/

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Terry Cheung:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

See, if Gill had came out and said that instead of "While he is clearly a very good player it was decided he wasn't required at the club." then there wouldn't have been a problem. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Exactly. He has no reason to protect MSI. Why wouldn't he give the explanation which lets him look good? (or at least not bad) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Exactly. Completely understand why we'd baulk if MSI were trying to impose various conditions on the deal, I think we all pretty much understood that that was probably the case so why not just say that? Baffling.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

yeah, i can't say i'd be that keen on Scholesy taking them based on his past efforts, even though in theory someone of his technique, temperament and ball-striking ability should be the ideal penalty taker </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

But according to the United data on FM, he's by far and away our best penalty taker? And Ronaldo's rubbish? icon_confused.gif

Given the expert level of research that's so evident in the game, I'm inclined to trust this viewpoint tbh.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Watch Vidic in training, and he'll batter Louis Saha and then pick him up, as if to say, "This is my job, this is what I do." I'll be yelling from the touchline, "Watch the tackling, watch the tackling," and Vidic will shout, "Sorry boss, sorry boss." But he's not sorry at all, he just loves defending.' </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

love that !!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by hairwad:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

I haven't missed any point because it suited me. The only point you seem to be making is "everything's fine because we got through". If there's another point in there please enlighten me. If not, accept the fact that i haven't missed it, i just think it's ********. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

My point is, there is always a negativity no matter the result or outcome.

My guess is, that you would be complaining at our lack of cover because Neville P is playing left back, FA S/F 99. That's my point. Just enjoy the moment. Stop looking for something that's wrong. And no need to swear at me, it's just an opinion? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

it's a f**king rubbish opinion icon14.gif

try getting your noggin round this:

WE ARE ALL ENJOYING THE MOMENT, BUT WE ARE ALSO REFUSING TO STICK OUR HEAD IN THE SAND AND IGNORE THE GLARING TACTICAL ERRORS THAT SAW US GO A GOAL BEHIND. IT IS POSSIBLE TO BOTH BE PLEASED WITH THE PERFORMANCE AND POINT OUT ROOM FOR IMPROVEMENT

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">and i'd say you're being really rather patronising yourself fran by telling us we have no right to be annoyed by these things </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, as I say you have a complete right to be annoyed. But taking the attitude that you would rather relegation than the situation you are in? That's just melodramatic.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

And people want Leeds promoted ffs. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Only so a) we can beat them, b) They got some good players that we can sign and watch them cry about and c) so they can win us the title by beating our closest rivals even though they are crap. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

utter rubbish. christ you'll be wishing titles for scousers next

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Razor Eddie:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

It was only a few months since he turned the CL final around, I wasn't too worried, plus it was only a loan.

And Eddie, don't start that again ffs. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not starting anything, Matt. icon_smile.gif

Just agreeing with the man, is all.

It's history now. He (Ruud) needs to get over it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Maybe it affected him so much that he can't get over it.

You know the rules in every relationship icon_biggrin.gif If u dated a chick for 12 months it takes you 6 months to heal. If u dated 6months it takes u 3 and stuff like that icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

I agree completely.

Motson actually angers me </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Motty's fb. Compared to others we've had to endure in bygone years. icon_biggrin.gif

Anyway, Green's the only bawbag that winds me up.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JulesMUFC:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Pickles:

£36? Blimey. Thought I was being mugged big time paying £50 for mine, but no so bad I suppose icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon13.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_frown.gif I know. But it was that or not go

• 2 weeks later...

I have to admit to being fickle when it comes to O'Shea.

His first season for us I absolutely loved him. But despite his chip against Arsenal his increasingly bad performances meant that I became anti O'Shea at the start of this season. However his heroics v. Spurs and then his goal against Liverpool, plus the fact that he has looked like a footballer once more (if still a **** one) has meant that I am coming back to an O'Shea lover.

Plus when I found that video I realized that actually you can't hate O'Shea.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Blaine:

united offering free parking for audi drivers

find a 'spare' audi badge and lob it on your car. bob's your uncle, free parking icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

screw that. Get a spare ticket, go to an Audi dealership, ask for an afternoon test drive. When you're in the car, offer the chance for an afternoon at the footy, then get the free parking.

Okay maybe you're idea was better.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SLO_Fila:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by goon:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SLO_Fila:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Weststandred:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Young Jimlad:

I forget did Forlan beat Eto'o to the Golden Boot that season?

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He did. icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually he did not. They both had the same number of goals.

I thought they both got the award (joint award?). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, Forlan shared it with Henry. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://www.zoustos.com/leagues.asp?CID=4&LID=9&SID=5&RID=&TID=5 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thats just La Liga, we're talking about the european golden boot arnt we?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by davidbowie:

You know all those "Compilations" on youtube for various players of many sports, has anyone made an "Anti-Compilation" for KR? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

they did, but at 27 hours long it was bigger than their maximum allowed file size.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived