The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20?:

Clearly our lot didn't kick Polack anywhere NEAR hard enough </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, if you'd bothered to turn up you could have done it yourself. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It wasn't late enough /o\

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James M:

Saviola for £4m would seem like a ridiculous bargain if we're selling Ruud :/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nah. Not the type of player we need if we're going to properly replace him. Can't see him working with Rooney, would be an either/or kind of thing and Rooney wins. Would also impede Rossi's progress.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

Vieira icon_frown.gificon_frown.gificon_frown.gif Jesus Christ this is unfolding into the absolute day from hell. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Vieira, woe-oh-oh,

Vieira, woe-oh-oh,

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

I'm still waiting for someone to provide me with something concrete showing that Ruud's agent 'hawked him round Europe' :/

I asked like a month ago as well icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We'll continue to fight the good fight Ali

I'm on the OP site atm trying to find an answer to my question, and I just love the descriptiveness.

Like a resilient tree planted 65 years ago, Orlando Pirates Football Club has deepened its roots over generations, thickened its trunk, extended its branches and leaves, providing shade which spreads over South Africans of all walks of life.

Even better if you read it in a Seth Efrican accent.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rcjuk:

Dong gets a WP in decembern \o/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ding Dong - or maybe Kinq Dong icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20?:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rb:

Just never gets going for me. Click the play button and it says 'media opening' for a few minutes, then says 'ready' upon which i press play again and it does the same thing. irritating. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What version of Windows media player are you using? As it needs to confirm the licsense with the PC you're using. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

WMP 10. It's weird, I got one of the highlights clips working randomly, but now they don't work either, and the live feed has never shown any sign of working. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Check within media player within the options - security if "run script commands and rich media streams when player is in a web page" is ticked..

Ruud's scored in the Delle Alpi, the Bernabeu, the Olympiastadion in Munich, Stade Gerland, COMS, Highbury, Stamford Bridge, as well as a stupid number of goals against all the big teams at OT. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

how many of those games / ties did we actually win?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

I'm the only person that's refused to get MUTV then? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nope, I've stayed strong icon_cool.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Timmy Howard:

Haha.. did anyone see that on SSN? Rooney arrived at carrington.. A little kid asked for his autograph, Rooney leant out the window ready to sign but then pointed at the portugal shirt the boy was wearing(.. with no. 17 on it) and just drove off. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Rooney such a hateful ****. icon13.gif

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bouncerboy13:

Then I was sat opposite you and down 1 row.

I thought it may have been you, so I shouted Mart at half time but you didn't move so thought I best stay away </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Please say you have a picture of him walking out with 5 minutes to go. icon_biggrin.gif

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

Hargreaves 'to make Bayern plea'

Owen Hargreaves will reportedly hold a news conference on Wednesday to say he wants to leave Bayern Munich.

According to reports, the 25-year-old will criticise the German club for standing in the way of his move to Manchester United.

Relations between the two clubs soured on Tuesday when Bayern threatened to report United for breaching Fifa rules with their pursuit of Hargreaves.

The England international's Bayern contract runs until 2010.

And Bayern are particularly keen for him to honour that after losing Michael Ballack to Chelsea over the summer.

United are thought to be prepared to offer up to £17m for Hargreaves, whose stock rose with some impressive performances at the World Cup.

But Bayern general manager Uli Hoeness said: "Bayern Munich will never be taken for a ride and become weak at the knees as soon as a certain level of money is mentioned."

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Seems the lad really wants to join.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

good old Risdale icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Messed Leeds up then did same at my home town club Barnsley and about to bankrupt Cardiff.

I wouldn't mind seeing Tevez & Mascherano at West Ham because then we can see how they cope in EPL without splashing out tens of millions first, does no one remember Veron?

Atleast they aren't going to out title rivals, even with these two WH won't be competing for title.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keyser:

Hi Alex,

Please play me in every game.

Thanks

Wes </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I found it through his page and all his mates are United players, even a few of the youth lads, theres a big thread about it on RI

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

oh yeh:

motm

1) fletcher

2) scholes

honourable mention to saha who worked his ******** off only for our 'flair' players to consistently **** it up </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I wish Nick was here to argue with you there, it would be fun.

Cheers Jules.

Can't say thats ideal for anyone, especially if the reaction in this and the match thread about him being really off the pace are accurate.

The other side is that if there aren't many reserve games going on he needs to be trusted with games so that as we head into the period between mid-October and the end of the year he's actually going to be fit and on form.

On a side note it'll be interesting to see if Carrick plays vs. Benfica on Tuesday how he gets on in a real European game as opposed to the Celtic game the other week.

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by snipersdream:

Name like Rooney means he almost certainly has Irish roots. He'd be good back-up to Kevin Doyle tbf. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He had Irish as a second nationality in CM4. And I trust SI. They've never, ever got it wrong.

I love how stuff to do with Rooney gets blown COMPLETELY out of proportion. The Sports Minister's come out and condemned him for it. It was one of the subjects of the 5live phone in today, ffs. If it'd been Scott Parker, no-one would've said a word.

• 4 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

Anybody watching the Fergie tribute on football focus? The best bit so far is the jacket Paul Ince was wearing on one of the old dressing room shots from the early 90's icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Didn't he Sharpe, Giggs and Parker have competitions to see who could where the most outlandish jackets on a match day? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If that didn't win, i'd like to see the one that did icon_biggrin.gif

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

the fact that we can draw and still go through fills me with SO much dread </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yup, exactly.

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

poor ryan, being confused with pj icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not like you to be confused though. To think it was just over a week ago when the bouncer at the Pyke says I'm 23, and yet you still think I was 21.

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rcjuk:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

Doyle to get the winner. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

SHUT UP

argh icon_mad.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Martins hat-trick next week imo.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, firstly non-footballing matters, cheers for the info Mika I'll have a proper look at it tomorrow but it talks about the direction I'm interested in so icon14.gif

Onto the football:

MOM: Paddy Evra

2ND: Henrik Larsson

Paddy for just all round defensive brilliance and attacking thrust. Larsson for the goal and running their defence all over the shop with so much energy its untrue. Great debut.

Thank goodness for Ole though, what a hero. Really thought we were headed for a replay because there wasn't really a lot of energy in our play all afternoon. In saying that though there were a number of occassions where we were just wasteful in front of goal, especially in the first half.

Can't comment on AFFG since it was the product of a group of players not dealing with the threat on the edge of the box and it was too crowded for me to judge who was to blame from where I was. Have to watch MOTD before throwing my tuppence into this one.

TK had one save to make and it was a good stop. Not really keen on his punching mind you (more the act of him getting there rather than that actual act itself) but on the whole fine. GNev looked a bit freer so thats a plus, Wes had what I think was his best game for a while at CB but his distribution wasn't the best at times. Rio was solid if unspectacular. Paddy = RAVE RAVE RAVE icon_biggrin.gif

Ronny was in and out. Agree with Nick about end product. Carrick did fine, some ace passes through the Villa defence. Giggsy was sloppy in possession 80% of the time and seemed to be mainly on to take set-pieces, didn't offer a whole lot else in terms of effort or directing play IMO. Park much brighter but the lad can't shoot for toffee and needs to get back to being more efficient with the ball.

Same story with Wayne as I've been saying for a while - rest him, rest him now. Nothing is coming off for him at the minute. Why he was even selected ahead of Ole and why Rossi wasn't on the bench I don't know. I love Henke. Ole is Ole.

O'Shea inexplicably brought on with 2 minutes to go, Fletch on, bright and willing, given undue stick from any number of fans around me. Numpties.

Atmosphere today nothing to write home about. I don't know how you go about orchestrating a disparate group of 70,000+ people with more than UNITED UNITED UNITED. Although you'd think with record numbers of season ticket holders there'd be enough there week in, week out picking up the songs. Villa fans were loud but their songs were ****.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RedBlood:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/6294537.stm

Why do the BBC print the 606 crap

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

Consortium pulls out of Reds bid

Dubai International Capital has pulled out of proposed takeover bid for Liverpool.

The announcement follows the failure of the club's board to formally accept DIC's bid in the wake of a second offer from American George Gillett.

More soon. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>\O/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

RedBlood easily pleased.

Let's cross the Ronaldo bridge if and when we come to it. If he wants to go after all we have done for him this season and the way Fergie has stuck by him then he can sod off and we'll buy someone who is committed to us.

Saying that, I actually don't think he will want to, not this summer anyway, so I'm not overly concerned atm.

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Ref must also get a mention for his joke of a performance. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He was allright until the Diop decision tyhen he just went absolutely dire, for both teams.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RSB:

My mate (also a United fan) went to see the battle of the Joneses with a Derby season ticket holder yesters, bought a "Jones 7" shirt himself. Eejit.

Just a couple of idle thoughts/questions re: the match; firstly - Ronnie's freekick. Is it me or did he hit it in the more traditional way, curling the ball with the inside of his boot? While it's feasible he mishit it, if it WAS intentional and he can get the kind of power and accuracy with efforts like that and still alternate to his more usual 'hit across the ball and watch it go batshit' method, he's gonna be a real danger.

Secondly, with Johnny presumably going into RB for Roma, is there a silver lining to the ominous thundercloud of Vida's injury, since Fergie can't play his usual 4-5-1? As far as I can see the only way he can would be dropping Giggs into midfield, and I can't see him playing Wazza or a half-fit Smudger (in for Park with Rooney moving to the wing) alone up front. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't know about the accuracy part since his free-kick was deflected by the wall.

And his pass to Brown was also deflected and ended up at Carrick to score.

• 1 month later...

yeah, jonny has been a twat to me over the last few months, banter it may look like but when it's as constant as it is, it's really annoying (I refuse to say it's bullying) but when you've been bullied through half of school and then you constant sniping at me, it annoys me that I don't get a word of thanks when I sort him out tickets, even if it means me going out of my way, yeah I do owe him money, does that mean he can belittle me as much as he does?

As for the tickets thing, we ALL told him to get a ST, he argued that it's easier for me to get him tickets, however, barring the people who don't get to OT unless someone sorts them out a spare then me getting tickets for people is over.

group hug anyone?

Archived