The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aye, it's that and then probably a winger. I don't think the striking positions look that much of a problem even without Ruud. Smith/Saha/Solskjaer/Rossi/Rooney is still, for me, one of the best forward lines in the country.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DeafParrot:

I might be missing something about the Rooney sending off for maliciously attempting to murder the Porto defender* last night. Loads of pundits (usually United based, but also Tony Cottee who's a clueless cn*t) have had a go at the Porto defender for rolling about on the floor and making a meal of it. Yet I didn't see anythign outrageously wrong with what he did. You see far worse play acting at least 5 times in every match, he simply landed, rolled over onto his front, then back the other way onto his back, and sat up. Unless the footage I keep seeing of it has been shortened. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

THe bit i heard was how quickly he jumped up once the card had been shown, but i haven't seen footbage that goes that far on. Like you i think he made a bit of a meal of it, but nothing horrendous. I'm guessing that part of the incident has been hugely exagerrated because it's a portugese team.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

Didn’t we play at Sheffield Utd 3 times in 5 seasons?

Beat them in 89/90, lost in 92/93 when Bruce missed the penalty and then won again the year after? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

3 straight years, or 4 years in 6 (in the FA Cup). We beat them in the 3rd round in 93/94 and 94/95.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 14AlanSmithifb:

Anyway just got back from watching reserves ended up 6-2 to us when I left R </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You left early? icon_mad.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, I know it must be catching!

Anyway for Charlton I would go with:

Van Der Saar

Nveille

Rio

Wes

Evra

Ronaldo

O'Shea

Giggs

Park

Ole

Saha

Bench:

Kuszack

Silvestre

Fletcher

Richardson

Rossi

Also does anyone know what the hell is up with Fletcher is he injured or what because he can't seem to get a game even in the reserves for love nor money.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scatter:

noah posts here? icon_confused.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Haven't you got a wall to plaster somewhere? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i've got a stack of work to, but this is much more amusing.

tell's you where i'm at in my career doesn't it? icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

vodafone one was nice.

unfortunately I washed it wrong somehow and the logo started peeling off so cant wear it now icon_biggrin.gif

just have my cult Eric and Ole shirts to wear to games now icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I wonder if I could somehow get the Vodafone to come off cleanly. That would be awesome. A plain simple red Man Utd shirt with no massive sponsor.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

I'm currently steering Nuneaton to the Prem icon_cool.gif

Wouldn't leave for anything. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

if the fans became ungrateful bastards you would icon_frown.gif

• 5 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Pickles:

I think we'll keep going this year alilaw. As always the Christmas period is going to be massive and if we can go into 2007 with any sort of lead of Chelsea I think we've got every chance.

No point getting excited now though, although it is nice to be leading the way a 1/4 of the way in. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nah, I'm right. With current injuries to Park and Ole we've got little to no cover up front or across the midfield. Basically, if one of Saha, Rooney, Ronaldo, Giggs or Scholes is injured, I reckon we're in quite a bit of trouble.

It's just such a contrast to the massive lumbering force that is Chelsea. When you can have established players like Shevchenko, Joe Cole, and even to an extent Wright-Phillips waiting on the bench (all players who'd have a decent shot at getting into our first XI) coupled with some of the best youngsters in the league then you're pretty much prepared for anything. The only things that give me 'hope' are Cech's injury and the apparent preoccupation with the CL.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ahahaha, Pires so very very small time. 'Oh no, my team's out of the title race and rubbish against any team that shows an ounce of physicality, how can I cheer myself up. AH, YES! A team I don't like have just merited a 1-1 draw against the Champions to remain 3 points clear at the top, THIS HAS MADE MY FỤCKING YEAR. IT'S THE BESTEST THING THAT HAS EVER HAPPENED! YAAAAASSSS \O/'

Anyway, on to the game. The first half we were top draw, brilliant in posession, solid at the back. Carrick was absolutely marvellous, Scholesy good as well (although the lad should learn that it is OK to boot it sometimes if we're in our own penalty area). Rooney and Saha looked lively, and that was simply a sumptuous goal by Louis, finishing of the highest quality.

The second half Chelsea obviously had a lot more purpose, but on the whole we restricted them to pot shots and set pieces, and had chances to make it 2. The goal was certainly coming, and deserved, but annoying as it was preventable. We played much better after that, but 1-1 was probably the fair result. I have to vent my anger at Ronaldo - I don't know if he was carrying an injury, but I watched him all the second half and he was SO VERY VERY LAZY. Really fecked me off. And of course, the second half substitutions show the real difference between the two teams - we had no-one in an attacking vein at all. I'm almost tempted to put a striker higher up the priority list than another midfielder for January, but we'll see how SAF intends to use Rossi.

MoM: Carrick

2nd: Um, Vidic maybe?

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

west ham and villa away \o/

icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Any spares for Villa? I'm going to West 'Am too \o/

• 2 weeks later...

I was browsing pictures on his phone of the latest piece of filth is shagging. He failed to tell me there was a pic of his **** on there. Took me a second or two to realise what it was icon_frown.gif Was on there because said girl wanted to see his **** so he took a picture.

Was quite a surreal night all round really.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

I’ve got some very very very good news chaps. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

cheesecake? \O/

• 4 weeks later...

People are going to think i dislike Wayne Rooney but how the **** has every press muppet got him down as our best player last night?

I thought Ronaldo was nailed on for the suns star man but if someone like Carrick had pipped him then i would have understood if not being quite happy but Rooney?

One great goal and the Larsson play fantastic yeah but he wasnt our best player at all. How quickly the press are back to sucking his ****.

I watched MOTD and the commentater said as they were coming out of the tunnel to start the game that Rooney was back to his best with 3 in his last 2 games.

Although to praise the lad it was some hollywood finish and a nice pass to Henke who i have to say looks a lot bigger threat than Ole for the simple fact he has pace.

And does anyone know what Rooney said to Ronaldo when he hugged him after scoring the fourth? I was half asleep when i saw it but it looked like he said "Flash bastard" or something along those lines.

Before i forget, Richardson was the worst player on our side by far, how many times can he **** up simple things and lose the ball?

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Blaine:

i'm glad the lille game is on tuesday cos fc's top of the table clash with curzon ashton was postponed and put on for wednesday. makes quite an interesting midweek icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I was looking forward to that game until it got postponed icon_frown.gif

Aye, I wouldn't be unhappy to see him go to barca (presumably) if it were enough to buy a good striker, winger and central midfielder. Say, Lennon, Hargs and someone else.

what with our recent dealings in the selling-people market we'd be lucky to get enough for a matchbox car.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Young Jimlad:

It's not hard to pres the "End" key on the keyboard tbf icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm afraid I have issues with that. It effects my standard surfing technique. icon13.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ie the fingerless one...

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Juni:

so it's alright to talk about players you've never signed and probably won't ever sign but not about former strikers who did tons for your club?

Interesting. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bahahaha icon_biggrin.gif

I meant the price of steel rather than beer but hey ho icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

couldn't tell you about that.

i just scribble on paper with crayons remember. i don't actually buy (or cost in all seriousness) the materials. icon_biggrin.gif

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gregg Carter:

Haven't read the thread much recently, been glancing at it more than anything.

Has anybody brought up the fact that in the 56/57 season, we won the League, lost in the Semis of the European Cup and lost in the Cup final?

Quite bizarre really. I know the 50 years thing was mainly for the 55/56 season but is also being carried on for the 56/57 season too.

We should have seen it coming icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bleah i hate these coincidences. The most i hate though is the Liverpool and The Pope one.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

You carry on insulting Giggs and you're banned from the wall. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I love how you think you are head of the wall. I will be assuming your position if that's the case for non-payment icon14.gif

Player of the Year:

forget the PFA award, forget the writers one, forget the fans one, THIS is the one they all want. nominees are:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Nemanja Vidic

Paul Scholes

Cristiano Ronaldo

Ruud van Nistelrooy </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

• 2 weeks later...

Archived