The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

tbh Gooners will laugh at us for signing Mascherano for £15m as they were able to snap up Rosicky of £8m.

We'll get laughed at by all for signing Carrick for £15m.

We'll get laughed at for a multitude of reasons if we sign Torres, Klose, Ribery, Diarra, Yaya, or Zakora.

We cannot right off players just because their arrival will make the others laugh.

And I know a few Scousers and Gooners who wouldn't mind Hargreaves playing for them. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'd love Hargreaves. He's like Flamini but good icon_cool.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keyser:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Michael Carrick's proposed transfer to ManYoo has reached crunch time after the Spurs midfielder rejected the club’s final offer of a new contract.

In a high-stakes game of brinksmanship, Carrick has turned down an improved deal that would have made him the highest earner at White Hart Lane in the hope that ManYoo will make a renewed bid for his services.

'Tottenham's manager, Martin Jol, will not attempt any further to dissuade the midfielder, whose rejections of contract offers and declaration of intent to move to United are being regarded as tantamount to a transfer request that will cost him compensation for the remaining two years of his contract,' reports The Guardian.

ManYoo's first and - so far - only bid of £10m for Carrick was rejected five weeks ago, with Spurs reputedly demanding £17m for the player.

Since then, the transfer has been put on hold while ManYoo awaited the fall-out from the match-fixing scandal in Italy. But with Sir Alex Ferguson's wish to sign Patrick Vieira on a free transfer is set to be thwarted by the Frenchman's predicted move to Inter Milan, his interest in Carrick has been reignited.

In stark contrast to Chelski and Liverpool, the Old Trafford giants have endured a difficult summer, with number one target Fernando Torres announcing on Tuesday that he will stay in Spain. Given their mounting anxiety to make a splash in the transfer market, an improved bid for Carrick could be imminent.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

could be the time? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No more than £12m ta.

He needs to hand in a transfer request then we'll get him cheap icon_cool.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Left-back: Chelsea > United = Arsenal > Liverpool </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry Nick but Aurelio and Riise are level with Arsenal's LB's. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nah, Aurelio's gash and Riise's better going forward. Warnock not even worth mentioning. If Clichy can get fit and with Gallas able to step in if needs be, Arsenal look better to me.

from the gossip website:

"A number of clubs - including Arsenal, Chelsea, Seville, Roma and Portsmouth - turned down the chance to take Javier Mascherano and Carlos Tevez as they were unwilling to agree to the terms of the deal.

Tevez and Mascherano must play in every game and can be sold at any point for a profit that will go to the company that owns the players - Media Sports Investment. (The Independent)"

So after all, it's not that surprising we didn't go for them. Utd already have the Glazers telling what to do so we easily can do without a bunch of corrupt, money-chasing crooks.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by No Longer Bling:

no icon_frown.gif

gonna pick it up this week, might just get it at the same time as i trade in the piece of sh*t nokia at cex </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yas :*)

Yeah, I think the overall thing to take from yesterday for me is that our squad is nowhere near good enough. Shove our first XI out there and you've got a team that could give any club in the world problems, but one or two injuries in the middle or up front and we're scraping the barrel quite quickly.

And our transfer policy's to blame for that, basically. STIL no hard-as-nails midfielder.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

Loooooooooooooong way to go yet. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You are feeling it too icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm faaaar to much of a pessimistic, cynical old bastard to think of this other than a run of really good form that i'm going to try to enjoy while it lasts.

The only way this makes any sense is if either a) As others have said, Smith can be recalled, or

b) We've got a deal lined up for a striker in Jan, and we don't actually agree to let him go until that player has actually signed.

My money is on c), which is don't worry, none of our other strikers ever get injured, we'll be fine icon_frown.gif

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

getting boyle's autograph icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

tbf my Mum knows his name having heard him on radio 2 t'other day. And if my Mum's heard of you, you're either a bona fide celebrity or someone in Malvern with mental health difficulties*.

*she's a social worker, see.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

tbh

the collar up >>> clutching the sleeve </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

what feckin' collar ? No collars back then, son.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

can you promise to change your location if we win or something </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i will change it to something appropriate if we win tomorrow yes.

i doubt kieran will even make the bench tbh

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

Ronaldo's got more out and out flair, but i wouldn't say he's more talented than Rooney, or has more potential. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This isn't flair based but I do think that, just from watching how he manages the ball (general indicators of quality in relation to technique rather than execution of certain tasks like crossing, shooting etc.) Ronaldo does have marginally more "natural" talent than Rooney. Wayne is arguably more mentally adept as far as the game goes though.

Neither are the finished article (or anywher near) but like I said above Ronaldo is marginally further along in terms of development for me, although I should stress that I don't think that either player has more potential than the other.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ajw10:

Pj so wrong it's embarrassing. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You Gervais fans really don't know what comedy is, that is embarrasing. And I'm not talking Pegg, I'm meaning guys like Tommy Cooper, Jerry Lewis etc.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Ignored post by Pires777 posted 11 February 2007 04:04 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Pires is so cool </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

he is now.

life. is. good. icon14.gif

• 2 weeks later...

So yeah, VDS was great, made a mistake in the second half but generally was solid.

Onto the defence, Christ where do you start? I thought Silvestre and Rio were solid enough, Wes Brown was disastrous barring one crucial header and Gaby wasn't awful, but couldn't seem to get any distance on his clearances for some reason.

Park was neat and tidy in the main, though faded late on, Fletch and JOS were pretty poor and Richardson put in possibly the single worst performance of the season for us, great going icon14.gif

Saha was great first half, though I thought he got complacent after a while in the second and was almost dragged into everyone else's ineptitude. Harsh to sub him though. Ole did his job well.

But, we're through, and haven't over-exerted our key players that's the main thing. Job done...ish.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by batch:

Who will play for your reserves this week mates ?

Thinking of going. We'll get raped like - 8 first teamers against city last week, 5 internationals - and got beat 1-0.

So yeah. The amazy Richardson and Dong Fanzoo (sp) will be playing ? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

day before a CL game, we've a couple of injuries so richardson might sneak onto the bench for that (icon_frown.gif), meaning he won't play. same goes for Smith, maybe. Dong will play for the reserves, Eagles too, and then lots of lads you presumably won't have heard of.

we go top if we win i think, i might go and watch if i can get the money.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JulesMUFC:

there some good titty bars in munich u reckon keef? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Better than that, tbf.

• 3 weeks later...

tbh in the post-match interview I heard with Mourinho, it sounded like it'd finally dawned on him how the constant stream of b*llocks recently was only losing him respect and not actually providing any advantage for him/his team whatsoever

maybe not though

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

please, please, please, please let Arsenal get something out of tomorrow, so we get a guard of honour at the bridge.

they might slap us 6-0 but it really really wouldn't matter.

Slap West Ham into the championship, nice day out at the cup final and then sit back to watch Kaka and co destroy the dippers in athens. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_cool.gif

• Administrators

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">draws coming at home to arsenal, reading and fulham </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Arsenal goal

Fulham goal 2

I'd fancy Cech or Carlo to make a better job on all three, we don't concede those goals we arguably end up with 6 more points.

Hilário wasn't bad but quite frankly Cech's shown in his 18 games why having the best goalie in the world matters so much.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

James07?>>>>Keyser.

I started a ruud song in the tollgate sunday when he scored icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Pickles > BBB

• 3 weeks later...

Archived