The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">England are out, who gives a ****, means we can move further forward </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

further forward icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

As long as you then nick it and share it out amongst us lot ofc </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sharing the club or his GF?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

Can we drop the "he's better than what youve got" argument for midfielders please. So's Beryl Reid, it's not really relevant.

As for the world cup, that doesn't wash with me. He's at that stage which players often get to, he can raise himself to his old heights when he really needs to, but it happens less and less often.

I'm not knocking the guy, he was utterly awesome at his best, i just think it would put us back no better than we were a year or two before Keane retired to sign him now. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

All true, but he's still a better option than:

(a) JOS/Fletcher

(b) Some ******* like Duscher or Petit that we'll end up paying £10m for in a panic on transfer deadline day.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Timmy Howard:

Almost cried like a baby myself in that press conference, you could tell Ruud was hurt after that question </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

dribble corner icon_biggrin.gif

Jearm

BBB

joe_cole

wakeyrocket

James07!

bling

Taz

yas </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

Rossi on Azzurri's agenda

By Nadia Carminati - Created on 16 Aug 2006

New Italy coach Roberto Donadoni says he will keep a close eye on the progress of Giuseppe Rossi after the Manchester United starlet impressed for the country's Under-21 team on Tuesday.

The striker is highly thought of at Old Trafford and will be hoping to make a telling breakthrough for the first team in the coming months after the departure of Ruud van Nistelrooy.

Rossi, who joined United from Parma back in 2004, has already started the new season in impressive form by earning the plaudits in his first ever Under-21 game as Italy drew 0-0 with Croatia.

The watching Donadoni, who took over the reins at The Azzurri following their World Cup triumph, admits he was impressed by the Red Devils starlet and will be watching his progress closely during the coming months.

"Rossi is a really interesting player," Donadoni told Rai TV.

"He had quality and he's a really good level player.

"I didn't expect this, he's a guy I'll surely follow also for my national team."

Rossi rejected the chance to join the USA senior squad before the World Cup, as he qualified for Bruce Arena's side after being born in New Jersey, and could now land his dream Azzurri call-up sooner than expected.

Sir Alex Ferguson has already signalled that the 19-year-old could have a prominent part to play at Old Trafford this season by refusing to allow him to join West Brom on loan. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Bayern Munich have announced they are on the brink of signing midfielder Mark van Bommel from Barcelona, although Uli Hoeness says the arrival of the Dutchman will not pave the way for Owen Hargreaves to join Manchester United.

The German champions lost star man Michael Ballack to Chelsea over the summer, with Ze Roberto also departing on a free transfer, and Felix Magath's side are now fighting hard to keep Hargreaves away from the clutches of Sir Alex Ferguson.

Facing the prospect of defending their title with a weakened midfield, Bayern have moved to bring van Bommel to the Allianz Arena on a three-year deal, with the former PSV Eindhoven man now set to leave Camp Nou after just one season.

Team manager Uli Hoeness confirmed van Bommel will complete a transfer to Germany if he passes a medical.

"We're in agreement with Barcelona," Hoeness told Arena TV.

"Van Bommel is coming next week.

"If he comes through the medical with no problems he'll sign a three-year contract."

However, Hoeness has also insisted that van Bommel's arrival does not mean Bayern will now agree to let Hargreaves move to The Premiership with United.

The England international, who was named on the bench for Bayern on Saturday after missing the opening two games of the season due to illness, has made public his desire to move to Old Trafford, but Hoeness is confident he will remain at the German side past the transfer deadline.

"We want to be stronger still with Van Bommel and Hargreaves," Hoeness added.

"He's not leaving. When the transfer window closes the whole episode will be over, you can bet your bottom dollar." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

haha you can never win ffs. giggs performs against a big side 'he cant do it week in week out'. giggs performs three games running 'he cant do it against the big sides, its just fulham and charlton'

icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Forgive me if it's going to take more than three pretty good performances against the dregs of the division before i believe he's out of a 3-4 year slump in form.

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

Aye, at the wall is fine.

Get good beer btw </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I cant get beer for tomorrow. Which is why I said I would pay at Totteham.

I am going to see my dad after going in work in the morning. I am then out all afternoon & going straight from Ashton to the game. Don't think I will be getting to the wall until about quarter past 7 or so.

Busy busy busy tomorrow.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

another day, another chelsea player tries some mind-games. love it:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">"Manchester United are probably playing the best football they can play at the moment. They've had very few injuries so far. Whereas we know as a team we've got another level to go to. We need to take the game to teams and then no-one can live with us. We must go on a run of games and keep winning. We must keep the pressure up. Christmas is a difficult period. United have got tough games. We must just keep winning and keep on like we know we're capable of." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

john terry that is, btw. pressure's getting to 'em :*)

• 4 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Razor Eddie:

MOM: Henke

2nd: <STRIKE>Anybody but Carrick.</STRIKE> Paddy Evra </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Changed

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

Just don't where a big coat, and don't walk into the wind, otherwise you'll end up in the North Sea </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If anyone will it'll be me icon_frown.gif

• 3 weeks later...

FC United are on the back of the Chorley Guardian (local paper).

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Come on down: FC United fans would be welcome at Chorley Football Club. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It looks as though Chorley will be playing FC United next season, so the chairman is thinking of the money he'll make from the FC fans.

Did any of the FC United fans on here come to Victory Park (Chorley's ground) last season when you played some team without a ground? I think their name might have been Daisy Hill or something similar.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jimbokav1971:

I think he is a selfish, petulant, immature, diving on the floor, foreigner.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sounds like Andy Murray. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Really? Reminded me of Ruud tbh :/

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Richardson was terrible but as far as keeping up with Reading players bombing forward he at least had legs to do so </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah. shame when he did so he then either pointlessly bundled them over or did nothing to prevent them getting crosses in

• 4 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

and what gonch said. Being 12 or whatever it is, really isn't something to boast about. Most of us (even BBB) have touched girls and stuff. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Only scouse ones though, not sure they count.

• 2 weeks later...

oh shut up wsr, why aren't you going the semi eh?

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Visiting my sick Grandmother, a completely different scenario.

That defeat didn't hurt as much as the West Ham one, anyone feel the same?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SLO_Fila:

Ben Foster basically scored an own goal right now against Man City icon_frown.gif

(not really an own goal, he gave the ball to Vassell to score). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He was awful for the first goal against Blackburn as well.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by that's life:

Congratulations best team by far this season played some awesome football from what iv'e seen on sky (goals scored say's it all)

On a sad note 2007 will be remembered by me (Leeds fan) and you been crowned Champions for the 16th time icon14.gif

Once again Congratulations </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ta

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick_123:

howdy nick.

what are your thoughts on the Glazers? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

When the Glazer's first arrived I hated them. I disliked that they put the club further in debt and didn't believe they would support Fergie in the transfer market. But since then they haven't done much wrong to be honest and have not interfered with Fergie and still supported him in the transfer market so at the moment I have no problem with them but still dislike yankees owning the club icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Debt just gone away then?

what do you make of this?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

Milan coach ridicules Reds style

AC Milan Carlo Ancelotti has labelled Liverpool the worst technically-gifted of the three English sides to reach the Champions League semi-finals.

Ancelotti has also accused the Reds of abandoning their English roots ahead of their Champions League final on 23 May.

"Technically, Liverpool are the worst team of the three English sides who reached the semi-finals," he said.

"But out of Liverpool, Chelsea and Manchester United, I'd have preferred United in the final."

He added: "You could see from the two legs of our semi-final with them that they play and let you play. I don't think it will be the same with Liverpool."

AC Milan were beaten by the Anfield side in the 2005 final in the competition after Liverpool came back from 3-0 down to draw level at 3-3 and then win on penalties.

Genarro Gattuso has already taunted the Reds by claiming they are not as good as Manchester United and Ancelotti has stoked the fires further with his latest comments.

He delivered a barb at counterpart Rafael Benitez and a policy he sees as decreasing the number of English players in the team.

"Milan are a strong Italian team. there is a strong Italian culture running through the team." said Ancelotti.

"Liverpool do not have the DNA of an English side. It is more of a Mediterranean team because of the coach."

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

Ruud for player of the season icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Can't think who was responsible for that...

Archived