The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

one of tomorrows headlines

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> "Ten English lions and one silly boy" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They've been waiting for this, let's face it.

I'd LOVE it if he quit international football, serve those ***** right. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wasn't that the same headline that Beckham had when he got sent off in 98'? Or is that what you trying to say?

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mr Cool:

Haha bloke on TalkSport just said it was "LIKE A NEW SIGNING" icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is the game on TalkSport?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Manchester United will offer centre-back Mikael Silvestre in part-exchange for Spurs midfielder Michael Carrick. (Daily Mirror)

wonderful news both ways if there is an inkling of truth to it! Smile </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

well i'll be damned! if that is true, it could end up being the bargain of the century (even if ManU end up paying another £10mil on top of Sylvestre)...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Daaaaave:

been busy sodomising razzler, argel and some other half-troll/half-***** in the pollyticks threads.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've rather enjoyed reading that.

Sorry I interrupted the last night.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 14AlanSmithifb:

Ok, I wasn't going to go into this but here we go, I said that Carrick would improve us and he will. This being said I still think we should go for another midfielder in the Hargreaves/Gattuso/ Mascherano mould, but it depends on the purse strings. I beleive United needed two midfielders one to produce better passes and be more controlled on the ball than Fletch (Carrick) and a battler at least we have one of the two and I can't belive people in here are moaning that we have finally bought someone. It could be worse, wew could have signed Pennant! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If we buy two midfielders, with the second being of the type you say, that's fine.

If we don't, to buy a player to improve the passing when even at 2/3 of his best a returning Paul Scholes does that hugely, when the only so called battler we have is John O'Shea seems ludicrous to me.

As for the comment that 'we could have signed Pennant', does that not show you that alone he's not the player we need, if that's your justification for it? It's like the people who tried to defend Sven by pointing out that he wasn't as bad as Keegan. If ever there was a case of damning with faint praise, either of those would do the trick.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LutonNil:

Not a quiz question but I was thinking about a CL game against Barca about 10 or 12 years ago when there was the 4 foreigner/assimilated player rule and seem to remember we played a young english keeper instead of the big man. We lost 4-0 iirc.

I'm sure some of you will remember who it was - I think I'm getting Alzheimers icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Gary Walsh.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Shostfrock:

it's the best when good old fergie is crying after the games, anyway enjoy your misery icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

**** off and die kthnx

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> We have money to compete. If Sir Alex wants a player we can buy him. We are very comfortable with the budget we have - David Gill, Summer 2006. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> We will complete all transfer business before the World Cup. - David Gill, Summer 2006. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> We will bring in two World Class players who have played in the Champions League. - David Gill, Summer 2006. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The Manchester United Thread 2006/2007 Roundup – AUGUST

*sponsored by a failed BOTU challenge*

Part I

August begins, and with Carrick bought and paid for, BBB makes his desires clear

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

Mon another signing </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And my relief at the prospect of the Vieira bullet being dodged was tangible

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by The_Fish:

Inter Milan have completed the signing of former Arsenal midfielder Patrick Vieira from Juventus for £6.5m.

The 30-year-old completed his transfer on Wednesday morning, ending interest from Manchester United.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

As the doomed Marcos Senna deal looked more and more likely to happen, questions about his past where raised that helped to shed some light on Nemanja’s past

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by nyte`:

what drug was Senna found to have taken?

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Betametosona and Metilprednisolona </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Isn't that where Vidic is from? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Meanwhile, there are signs that the newly crowned MUFC Thread user of the year mark g, is letting his award go to his head :herman:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

I hate having to dumb down for the bricklayers icon_rolleyes.gif

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

August looked like getting off on a bad start right from day one, though pj’s fears were to prove unfounded

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by snipersdream:

Other bits from the papers:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Manchester United are considering a bid for £12m-rated Feyenoord striker Dirk Kuyt, who is a long-time target of Liverpool. (Independent)

</div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Indeed :/

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Asmodeus:

What the hell does "merk" mean? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

West Ham > Us…or so we thought

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

come on Maraschino </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bottler

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

Found out tonight that my branch unaffected by the one year season tickets for now which is good news. Have been offered tickets for the first couple of games and put my name down for Fulham so far, will see how money is for others... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Going to wear my Jenson Button gear if you go to the Fulham game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The new “Carrick > Sissoko†thread title gained the approval of many reds

Who did that?

Phil <3

Franny Cole <3

Marlow <3

either of em? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

hahaha GREAT title

laying down some troof </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

tbh, anything could have gone where the word 'Carrick' did. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ajw10:

haha arrogantly missing out Sissoko icon_biggrin.gif

and wp to however changed the thread title. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Zaitsev (ok not a red but still):

I'd just like to point out that this thread title now rules and is utterly correct. Because we all know that "Momo" is an utter abortion of a player. Bloody Kopites. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

Love the fred title icon_biggrin.gif

Patrick Vieira will complete his move to Inter Milan on Wednesday, according to club owner Massimo Moratti. The Juventus midfielder has arrived in Milan to have a medical

\o/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Though some <STRIKE>Scousers</STRIKE> people are never satisfied icon_rolleyes.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DeafParrot:

:/

And what a dire thread name.

Also utterly utterly wrong. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DeafParrot:

Whoever it was, they're fs. And clearly clueless. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Moreclaw:

I honestly don't think you believe that title. You cannot be that stupid. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Damn right, though I wonder if some are reconsidering now…

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

I don't care what Nick thinks, Vieira going to Inter is comfortably the best news of the summer. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nick could breathe again…though given Jones’ lack of opportunities since, it hasn’t really made much difference

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Timmy Howard:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Jones injury not serious

David Jones was not seriously injured in an awkward fall during United's pre-season friendly victory over Macclesfield Town on Monday.†</div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

YAS icon_mad.gif

'mon the Jonah </div></BLOCKQUOTE> <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah Mart you were saying?

Polack gonna give me money \o/

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

£10 we sign someone else before the start of the season </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Now we know why

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

Not discussing our budget icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You’ll never give in will you? icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

Kleberson couldn't adapt because when he wasn't injured he never played him in his proper position icon_mad.gif

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hands up who expected more than Kuzczak?

Q: How close to signing someone else?

A: Don't go home.

icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This guy did icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rage1999:

ohhhhhhhhhhhhh

whos the other signing do you think?

please let it be someone world class </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Meanwhile, BBB specifies who he wants in icon14.gif

mon senna </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Me 1, gonch 0 icon_cool.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

tevez signing later!

please please please please please please </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It'll be a letdown, Kuszczak or something probably. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

BBB’s first flight gets ever nearer, the ribbing intensifies icon_biggrin.gif

I'm going to Amsterdam in the morninnnnnnnnng </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Practicing your grip for takeoff? icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Andy Jordan:

Mart, it's okay.

only 60% of flights these days suffer "major turbulence incidents," which are defined as any time the the plane changes its altitude 100 ft per second for a period of time that must be at least 10 seconds. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Pete, I'm gonna hit you at Fulham mate </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm sorry icon_biggrin.gif Just be glad Keith hasn't got any Airplane disaster DVD's as I'm sure he would have got you watching one tonight.

Have a good time anyway. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mart bottling it yet again

Pete, I'm gonna hit you at Fulham mate </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hope you put that bet on

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by somucheffort:

Has anyone got a manchester united squad list for the amsterdam tournament?

I presume united will be taking it quite seriously. I can see a 3-1 win however im having to bet on the game tommorw so i doubt ill be able to find a team sheet.

Any help is appreated. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have a lot to live up to icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AndyPolack:

Elmonzo, here's a round-up for you;

Ruud <3

Ronaldo icon_mad.gif <3

Rooney <3

Glazers icon_mad.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keyser: icon_mad.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Move on James icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

the memories of that day at Upton Park have not faded with time icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

WHY DIDN'T YOU PLAY HUGHES!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Carter clearly has

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gregg Carter:

Robson is a ledgend and all, but as a manager he's also a nasty little pr*ck. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Whatever happened to…

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by markgood guy:

tbf if we get an offer in the range of 30-35 milion pounds for ronaldo

i think we should take it he has no future at MANCHESTER UNITED </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

A sign of things to come

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

Thought Carrick was average today. Seems to favour the cuddle and pull to the ground method of tackling perfected by Dazzle. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Heh

WBA said that we told them strictly that Rossi wasn't available for loan. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thank Christ that they were wrong

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

MUTV saying Fergie has ruled out Saha, Silvestre and Ronaldo for the Fulham game. icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Taz >Ryan

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rcjuk:

cmon davey gill

show us what you're made of </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Or the F.A decide to make an example of Scholes and Rooney to prove Dein didnt have any influence on Arsenal punishment decisions. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wahey!

Mart: "The highlight of the trip so far was Nick falling over"

Nick: "All this talk of me falling over is disgraceful lies. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well at least Nick had a good trip. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Still think this?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scatter:

um... i know i'm going to be crucified by a few peeps for this, but homo hair might not be a complete write off as a player for us after all... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Unlucky

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by only one keano (robbie):

Bet Carrick makes his debut against us. And we win. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

First choice for Leeds maybe

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rcjuk:

I REALLY, really hope smudger is first choice this year and becomes my new hero to replace ruud. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Unlucky icon_cool.gif

Scholes is past it fat boy </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

:*(

But hey, you know we are taking the league cup seriously when we go out and spend a few million on a keeper to get us through the first few rounds. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

CR won you over yet?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keyser:

I'd better be on it

He's a f**king showpony.

2 goals against Oxford icon_eek.gif OMG!!!!!!!111111111!! Bestest playa eva icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This speaks for itself

Dec 26 NOTTS FOREST 3-0

Dec 29 Chelsea 0-0

Jan 03 MIDDLESBROUGH 3-1

Jan 10 WEST HAM UNITED 4-1

Jan 16 Leicester City 6-2

Jan 24 LIVERPOOL 2-1

Jan 31 Charlton Athletic 1-0

Feb 03 DERBY COUNTY 1-0

Feb 06 Notts Forest 8-1

Feb 14 FULHAM 1-0

Feb 17 ARSENAL 1-1

Feb 20 Coventry City 1-0

Feb 27 SOUTHAMPTON 2-1

Mar 03 INTER MILAN 2-0

Mar 07 CHELSEA 0-0

Mar 10 Chelsea 2-0

Mar 13 Newcastle United 2-1

Mar 17 Inter Milan 1-1

Mar 21 EVERTON 3-1

Apr 03 Wimbledon 1-1

Apr 07 JUVENTUS 1-1

Apr 11 Arsenal 0-0

Apr 14 Arsenal 2-1

Apr 17 SHEFF WEDNESDAY 3-0

Apr 21 Juventus 3-2

Apr 25 Leeds United 1-1

May 01 ASTON VILLA 2-1

May 05 Liverpool 2-2

May 09 Middlesbrough 1-0

May 12 Blackburn Rovers 0-0

May 16 TOTTENHAM HOTSPURS 2-1

May 22 Newcastle United 2-0

May 26 Bayern Munich 2-1

you can take your arsenal 'invincibles' and your mickey mouse trebles, but how may teams have gone on a run as fine as that one? I reckon I was at 29 of those games. Only missed Inter, Newcastle and Boro away...plus one more icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nick on Ronaldo

Oh aye, I agree. If he's here in three years I'll be very surprised </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No you can’t

Look, I won BOTU, User of the Year and this thread's hearts without a question mark. I can do it again icon_mad.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mon me icon_cool.gif

I think Ronaldo will do well, last season he had personal circumstances that could explain his poor form, but this season there are no excuses, he has to deliver. And personally, I think he will. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Would be interesting

So, Tevez, Torres, Mascherano, Senna and Hargreaves all to sing this week? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Three months early, but \o/ anyway

RIP Wakeyrocket icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bye Wakey. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

btw, who was it that keane was referring to that was shaking with nerves before leverkusen? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was led to believe it was Giggs.

• 4 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Juni:

dammit why hasn't Ryan posted icon_frown.gif

I might go to Lens vs Lille on Jan 13th for fun, not decided yet, but if I do, I'll let any prospective train travellers know about all the fun. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I guess it was you who changed his name to 'Didier Drogba IFB' then? icon_biggrin.gif

• 2 weeks later...

oh god nick got the job ?icon_frown.gif

He's rubbish </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Luckily enough he can't influence the David Jones ratings anymore icon14.gif

• 2 weeks later...

bomb at anfield >>>>>>>> draw > chelsea win > Liverpool win </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nah, mon Scouse.

• 4 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 14AlanSmithifb:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gregg Carter:

can anybody explain to me why we're continuing to play Larsson?

He's been fracking woeful for us more often than not. Goes missing for large chunks of the game and looks off the pace whenever he is involved. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Saha has been insanely poor over the past couple of games , and since noone else is avaliable theres really only one option. Besdies that his movement is unbelievable and first first touch is usual top notch , he suffered today like 99% of the team. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nail on the head.

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Young Jimlad:

Mancini is a striker? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No. A winger/forward when Roma play 451 with Totti up by himself. Whenever I see players positions misstated in press releases I generally assume ignorance/something being lost in translation. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

totti does not play up front on his own ffs

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by deanb291186:

Could of been a lot easier if we moved the pitch 20 yards or so away from the railway line when we rebuilt the Stretty and North stand </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, that goes back to the lack of vision when they knocked down the Stretty. Despite just about everyone else saying the stadium should be bigger, the board decided that the 44,000 bowl (which did look very good) was going to be big enough.

• 2 weeks later...

I'll be ****ing fuming if the likes of gonch/pickles get one and I don't. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

eh? ive been to more games than most people in here including 2 euro aways ffs. enough with the gonch hate love its quite unnecessary. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It was only because you're not a season ticket holder, besides, not in the mood today, had some awful news.

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ajw2255:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RedBlood:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Dreading playing West Ham as well if it comes down to them needing that win to survive. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It will be over by the time we play chelsea </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, but in whos favour.

thats the big Question </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've just done that premiership predictor thingy and got Chelsea beating us at the Bridge to secure the league.

:/

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keyser:

Nick such a top red. ****** </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

well he does have the club name in his status :jealous: </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

trained monkey could be researcher tbf </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

they got one </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

oi, i resent that.

i've not been trained.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Pickles:

cheah right, they couldn't gaf.

it's an utter utter disgrace, dreading the atmosphere </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

is it true that the 'Wembley Club', or whatever it's called, has the tickets in the whole middle tier? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah. icon13.gif

It's pretty strange that the £35 tickets are the top tier, I thought they would have been really low down behind the net.

After Drogba's bullying of Agger it seemed a Chelsea goal was favoured by alot of people, hence the pumping it up to Drogbad last night. Rafa also went out of his way to say that he didnt think it was essential that they keep a clean sheet and thought they could score 3 if necessary following the 1st leg

• 4 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by punkskamonkey:

Ronaldo must be leaving then tbh. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hope that's not true. icon_frown.gif

you've taken it to a different level dude. Seriously, it's been very noticable. Most of us take the p*ss on occasions but it's not the only thing we do. Dunno what your interactions are like off the board (away from the wall) , but certainly on here you come across as a bit of an arse when it comes to martin.

so it is.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">The definitely going to be joining Manchester United, no doubt about it, cos the papers say so list

Anderson - Porto (Daily Mail)

Nicholas Anelka - (Guardian)

Afonso Alves - Heerenveen (Mirror)

Mikel Arteta - Everton (Guardian)

Gareth Bale - Southampton (Mirror)

Leighton Baines - Wigan (MEN)

Dimitar Berbatov - Spurs (Guardian)

Shay Brady - St Patrick's Athletic (Mirror)

Jermain Defoe - Spurs (Guardian)

Samuel Eto'o - Barca (Daily Mail)

Craig Gordon - Hearts (BBC)

Eidur Gudjohnsen - Barca (NOTW)

Owen Hargreaves - Bayern Munich (Times)

Klaas Jan Huntelaar - Ajax (Guardian)

Michael Kightly - Wolves (NOTW)

Aaron Lennon - Spurs (Mirror)

Jean Makoun - Lille (L'Equipe)

Florent Malouda - Lyon (Sky Sports)

Rio Mavuba - Bordeaux (Mirror)

Benni McCarthy - Blackburn (NOTW)

Youssouf Mulumbu - PSG (Youssouf Mulumbu)

Nani - Sporting Lisbon (Guardian)

Michael Owen - Newcastle (Various + BBC)

Nathan Porritt - Middlesbrough (Times)

Nigel Reo-Coker - West Ham (Guardian)

Franck Ribery - Marseille (Himself via Sky)

Micah Richards - Manchester City (Mirror)

Javier Saviola - Barcelona (NotW)

Steve Sidwell - Reading (Mirror)

Ryan Taylor - Wigan (Manchester Evening News)

Carlos Tevez - West Ham (Star, Mirror)

Fernando Torres - Atletico Madrid (Mirror)

Oscar Ustari - Independiente (Sky Sports)

Mark Viduka - Middlesbrough (Super soaraway sun)

Running Total: 34

Predicted Final Total

Irish – 170

James07? – 112

bling – 102

pjburrage – 99

WSR – 95

theis – 92

alilaw – 89

Nezell – 87

14AlanSmithifb – 85

Hero of the day – 83