The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

as for the italian football mess, like scatter said the team we really wanted down have escaped it altho the chances of us grabbing gattuso/pirlo were still fairly non existant anyway.

i know everyone hates vieira due to his arsenal connections but id take him in a heart beat, i just wouldnt want him on loan. dont like the idea of a lad not being that arsed how the team is doing/his form as it doesnt really affect him all that much. be more than happy with picking him up for around £3m.

big target would be emerson for me. looks like an old man but never stops running and is perfect for what we need most imo. supposedly hes a madrid target tho.

wouldnt say no to camoranesi as a stop gap wide man either. the reality will probably be us bringing in trezeguet as the ruud replacement whilst arsenal/chelsea/liverpool pick up the stars.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Cesc Fabregas the Phenom:

I'm very bored, so just forgive me but please bid more for Carrick, pretty please. There has to be one silly transfer in pre-season.

I do think Spurs are just looking for about 18m, so that it just about pays for Berbatov and Zakora. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

heskey for 5.5m not stupid enough for you?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Please note any One United Members who have already applied, will be successful subject to payment being debited. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Fulham not a sell out, means I have a ticket. icon14.gif

Not at all. But compared to some other players he wont (for me) be associated with the greatest moments I've had watching United.

I can't argue about the stats, but tapping in the 3rd against Leicester 150 times doesn't really get me hard?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

One at the COM, none at Anfield IIRC. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

see, he was sh*t. Glad we got rid. Use the money to re-sign Diego. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif

I'd like to see it icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

How was Carrick yesterday? The Spurs thread lot were saying he was ****, but i'm aware they may not have the most objective viewpoint at the moment. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

the best thing i can say about his performance is that we looked balanced. we also looked a yard or two shorter of fitness than porto for most of the game too, so the amount of possession they had limited his chances to stamp his authority on the game. a decent performance, but nothing special.

twas more encouraging to see giggs playing pretty well down the left tbh.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">There was a time when it was amusing that Manchester United had a fan base round the world. It meant that the club had substantial earnings from people all over the globe that kept ticket prices down for match day travellers. Then the Internet was invented. Over and over we see people from Singapore and Outer Bloody Mongolia telling SIR ALEX FERGUSON How to run the club.

I was angry when Sir Alex got rid of Stam, a few months on he failed a drugs test. Nicky Butt, great servant but he has done nothing since leaving. Becks? Had a year or two in him but Sir Alex was making way for the future.

Yes he has gotten some buys wrong in the last few years but he is still the manager of our team so get behind him and support the club or else bugger off and support Chelski.

BTW owning the latest kit does not give you the right to call Manchester United 'us'. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

to make keysers day. icon_biggrin.gif

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by chrissybabe:

I'll stick my neck out and say the buying club will pay, though obviously I'll wait for wakey's detailed confirmation. Could Hargreaves still play for Bayern if he signs for you? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Course he can, if Martins can get away with saying he's only 21 then whats stopping Hargreaves from saying he has a twin?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Palahnuik:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by No Longer Bling:

well we might not be signing anyone but i think everyone would have exchanged that for carter being banned. great day. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hargreaves is coming, just wait... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Source? or just faith? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Blind optimism tbh.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

What's with the name change? icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

he doesn't like the name Andy and someone (Probably Scott H) changed it icon_biggrin.gif

It happened in the Arsenal thread.

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

right, I'll just pop the one I'd said was yours in the bin then.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I can get rid of it for you mate

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

oh jesus, the derby COME ONE.

I'll make the match thread tomorrow, STILL unbeaten </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No you're not icon_biggrin.gif

That was easy lads. Never in doubt. Fergie such a tactical genius that he can use formations that lull the opposition into a false sense of security and then POW, hit em with an effective formation that actually works. All planned out I tells ya icon14.gif

MoM: The absolute MONSTER that is Nemanja Vidic

2nd: Ronaldo

I would like anyone but Real Madrid in the next round - tbh if we're going to get anywhere close to winning this thing then we'd probably have to play Barca at some point, and we could do worse with playing them earlier when Eto's either still out or not fully back to fitness. I don't want Real because the laws of fate mean Becks and Ruud are almost guaranteed good games against us, and that doesn't fill me with joy like it does Mika and ACou.

Owen Hargreaves will not play for Manchester United this season.

Well there was loads of empty seats in our end last season & the second tier wasn't even open. However the Stade De France is bigger than this years stadium. Also it's not a group stage game so more people will be interested. wouldn't know the exact numbers but we had a LOT of seats in the stadium.

The ticket was 35 euros. Which is about £22-25 I think. That's cheaper than every away game in the premier league & cheaper than pretty much any seat inside Old Trafford I think icon_biggrin.gif

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f137/Coldberg/Lille.jpg

^^Proof

Pompey was clapping actually, I remember being there with my ex and her not being able to move her hands due to them literally being frozen. icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you sure? it was a 5.15 kickoff on a saturday, a few hours after the funeral. i'm almost certain it was a silence.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

Oh one other thing Taz, Boulahrouz did his medial knee ligaments. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lucky twats, we would never be so lucky as to lose KR to an injury like that.

Watch Chelsea go and replace him with some £30m defender now. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Jose said he'd rather play his 55 year old Assistant there than sign someone icon_biggrin.gif

But yeah, he surely has to bring someone in.

• 2 weeks later...

Wonder goal by Wayne and a good team display.

Two joke decisions to deny us two goals we should have had but cant complain.

The Rooney love does drive me nuts though, before hes even done anything hes hailed as great and brilliant and the best player in the world no matter how bad of form hes in.

lets hope Wayne has turned the corner now with the wonder goal.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

Nice touch on the homepage for today. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

nice banner on the top of the main page as well. United sacrificing valuable advertising space for some fairly classy tributes, whatever next :/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Haha they've got the adverts back already icon_biggrin.gif

What was that early 90's TV show called with the scouse fella?

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Standing Room Only wasn't it?

She was a kind of a more awful version of Anthea Turner (if that's possible).

He should have certainly controlled his weight better being a professional athlete but post injury he wasn't half the player he was (no pun intended). Rememember he snapped his achilles and at a time when there wasn't certainly the medical advances of the last 10 years in football. I think the pies/weight issue is irrelevant, he was never going to be as good again no matter how fit he became. A shame that he didn't seem to be able to mentally cope with it either. He became a postman didn't he because of the lack of hassle?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

Ruud didn't. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

what was his record in the knock-out phases?

How does that compare with other 'top' strikers? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Something along the lines of a goal every other game iirc? We've had this discussion before, and I was actually on the other side saying 'oh he never did it when it mattered', but I seem to recall I was proved wrong. I cba to look up the stats though, I'll let Nick do it, or get Mika to check his 'Ruud stats' tattoo on his arm or something.

Basically, he had a pretty decent record given that we habitually failed at the first hurdle (if we made it at all).

if any of the ST holders fancy applying for reading away in the cup and selling them onto me I would be superbly thankful and full of payments of your services in any sort of barm/beer variety.

also mart any news on lille home, there are a few floating about on ri but we would be staying/kipping at my pals grandparents house in manc so kinda need to be certain in advance. ive pmed a few dudes so fingers crossed.

• 3 weeks later...

Scholes is sooooo cool. Besides Larsson scoring the most coolest moment on the pitch was when Scholes faked doing a quick kick and the Lille player literally jumped in front of him to stop him doing it (i could feel Scholes doing a grin at that moment).

And then they showed replays of Giggs and Heinze laughing their arses off at the Lille player icon_biggrin.gif

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

/o\ to Mika's <STRIKE>occasional bizarre </STRIKE>opinions </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

:safetywinkles:

• 3 weeks later...

Read somewhere (Sky or BBC I think) that Nev won't be back til Sat, same for Sheasy from what I've read.

Think you could maybe have Scholesy down for the AFFG; could've closed Smith down more. Could be a tad harsh though.

Along with those already mentioned, thought Carrick had another top game today. Really looking the part.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived