The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

Oli jpshakehead.sml.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

im so sorry/ashamed for ruining your talk of evil and deceit.

*punishes himself for eternity*

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I would prefer Mascherano or Gattuso of course.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

well who's to say that we wont sign one of those on top of hargreaves. we cant afford to get it wrong for another season so i say we should sign hargreaves (because hes fb and so we have SOMEONE) and then wait for the results of the italy scandal to see about gattuso or bid for mascherano.

for a club like manchester united two world class midfielders in one season shouldnt be out-of-our reach

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by r_wagner:

This whole ***** business with us making no signings does make you wonder. If all it takes for a successful football club (or any sport for that matter) to be destroyed is a lunatic millionare to borrow hundreds of millions of pounds so he/she can then land that debt on the club itself then any club is open to this. I do get the feeling that there won't be any signings this year because we simply cannot afford it.

We have gone from the richest and best run football club in the world to a club with astronomical debts in the matter of a couple of years. And the ironic thing is that it's not as if we've spent without regard on players, the debt just sort of 'magically' appeared.

I worry that the ageing and depleted squad we have will not be able to maintain the form necessary to keep the expected revenue coming in and that the club will suffer as a consequence ala Leeds. So... Nationwide One here we come in a couple of years.

I do hope I am wrong about all this, and that this bl**dy press conference will begin soon to announce our 15 new signings icon_biggrin.gif but that's not very realistic. Realistically, ManU's premiership years are soon to be over.

jpshakehead.sml.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

someone really needs to get this deleted before Mika reads it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Come on, he's clearly a Mika alias...

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Young Jimlad:

Would've submitted a top 10 list myself but it'd just be United thread regs anyway so not worth it. Y'all know who rocks and who doesn't. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ahhhh.

Half the thread are my new best mates too :*)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by snipersdream:

I'm not sure if Carrick is the most suitable liquid to be put in said glass, but I guess we'll see. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He's the non-alcoholic portion of the cocktail. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Grenadine

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scatter:

btw - saha, ryno et al. fox sports are showing every match from amsterdam this weekend \o/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You beauty. icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by joe_cole:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

I think Chelsea are the worst, I mean when they broguth John Terry into the first team, straw clutching like that is just going to lead them to oblivion. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What are you on about?? Seriously.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's so hard to not believe you have aspergers when you do that you see?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by markgood guy:

oh come on this isn't that bad is it ? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Praising Silvestre gets you nowhere icon_frown.gif

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

/o\/o\/o\/o\

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer will be out for several weeks after hurting a hamstring in Manchester United's Champions League defeat by FC Copenhagen on Wednesday.

The striker had only just returned from a two-year lay-off with knee problems.

United manager Sir Alex Ferguson told the club website: "It's unfortunate for Ole but I am actually quite happy.

"Given his previous history of knee problems, I was a bit concerned but, fortunately, it is only a hamstring. He will be out for a few weeks."

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/man_utd/6111580.stm

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">From the BBC:

Man Utd (from): Kuszczak, Heaton, Gray, Brown, Ferdinand, Vidic, O'Shea, Silvestre, Heinze, Lee, Evra, Fletcher, Carrick, Jones, Richardson, Ronaldo, Smith, Saha, Rooney, Shawcross.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

• 2 weeks later...

He had a decent shot yesterday in the second half iirc, don't remember any other occasions this season of him shooting. I fancy him to get one against Chelsea next week for some reason. And Neville could of had a hat-trick against Pompey and one yesterday. Carrick's shooting > Neville's shooting.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keyser:

Alzheimers? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So how many times did you check the spelling of that before you posted it? icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If he uses firefox with the spell check extension, none icon_cool.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

UPDATE: 1-0 United at half time

Saha header from a whipped in Giggs corner.. Boulahrouz could do nothing but help it on its way in.

Rio's having a mare icon_biggrin.gif VdS saved the situation a few times. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hold on lads!

I'm not looking forward to tonight. We've got 2 of our most influential transfers out, Johnson with a hamstring and Howard as he can't play against you which means Teflon will be in goal /o\

I know you've got a lot of injuries, but you should be strong enough. Hoping for a draw and a Rooney red card icon14.gif

• 4 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by atvkwkad:

Hello.

Is Bardsley **** then? More to the point, is he any shitter than Aaron Hughes? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

g'day.

yes. probably not.

Whilst still being in a good position in all three competitions is obviously good, its blatently going to end up with fixture congestion and our small squad blowing up with two runners up medals in the cups and losing the league on the last day.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gregg Carter:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bagpuss:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

James, I do apologise and will pay up, I promise </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

oi what about me and anyone else you owe?? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You get the benefit of his friendship? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

so do Jim and the other people he owe

ok. clarification please.

just reading through the chelsea-spurs thread. surprised to see so many of you wanting them to win that game this morning. i haven't studied the fixture list at all, so does the league game with them not get put back if we beat boro but they lose to spurs? and if not why not? and if so... then why are you all cheering them on ffs?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JulesMUFC:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

Can't read too much into it obviously, but he was just utterly abysmal against the Europe XI.

Smudge icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

in the fact he ran around a lot and didnt actually touch the ball? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And additionally the runs he made weren't very good. When he did touch the ball, he generally just laid it back to Giggs or Scholes.

It really saddened me tbh icon_frown.gif

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LibLibertine:

I miss Park so much, he's the kind of player we need for a match like yesturdays. Has a great work ethic and I can't remember him ever having a bad game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I can think of a few (like Newcastle away) but I still really like him.

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah, where was Ronaldo? will next season be the season he "does it" against big teams?

eff off the following

VdS - too old

Brown - too injured

Heinze - too crap, seriously do the Argies have a defender shortage?

Giggs - too old and too lethargic.

Die wasters

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived