The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">GARY NEVILLE gave Cristiano Ronaldo the cold shoulder on his return to training.

Manchester United skipper Neville refused to be part of the jovial atmosphere surrounding Ronaldo’s return to the club’s Carrington training ground on Monday.

But England defender Neville is NOT blanking Ronaldo because of his part in Wayne Rooney’s World Cup sending off.

The fiercely loyal Red is unhappy with Ronaldo for being disloyal to the club.

Ronaldo said twice during the World Cup he wanted to quit Old Trafford.

Since then he has refused to back down from these statements.

He still wants a move to Spain, despite being welcomed back at United despite his World Cup controversy.

Until Ronaldo reasserts his loyalty to United, Neville is expected to continue blanking him.

A source close to Neville said: "This will not be anything to do with the World Cup. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

great article, the use of quotes of course means that this is true.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

Borgetti? The Bolton player? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He's still likely to leave, isn't he? One transfer to Saudi has stalled for the minute, but i wouldn't expect him to still be here by the end of the transfer window, and if he is i doubt he'll play much anyway. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ah ffs

• 2 weeks later...

Thoughts.

OLE \o/ \o/

Giggs was great.

Fletcher was poor, suprised how many people are saying he was good and I'm usually a fan. His goal was superb though.

CRonaldo was excellent

Saha was poor but came up with a great finish so I'll take that.

Rio was excellent at the back, as was VdS.

Evre and Sil both looked dodgy

Brown is good at the back, terrible going forward. Back to CB ASAP

Carrick really settled the team down when he came on, looking good so far.

O'Shea is no longer terrible as a holding player but lets face it we should be doing a lot better.

Park consistently gets in good postions through his movement and workrate. However I doubt he has the class to be anything other than a good bench player.

OLE \o/

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by merry_miller:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

okay everyone summarise the day NOW.

I've not had access to any news other than West Ham's "thing".

wtf is this about Ole? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Supposedly gone on loan to Sunderland till January </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

hold on hold on

we've just let Rossi go. And now Ole.

You're not seriously saying Fergie now sees Giggs as first choice striker with Richardson on the left wing? :///////////////////

No he isn't right, those fans that left, the majority of them are bigger fans of the club than Fergie or anyone at the club is/was. Spending thousands a year to follow us home/away/abroad, just because the chose to sell it's arse doesn't mean the fans should as well.

Why even comment on FC at all? They're 10 leagues below us ffs, they aren't a "rival". Get a grip Fergie for the love of christ.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Razor Eddie:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scatter:

the penner was a bit of a joke, but... meh.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Another one ?

Watch it again. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

for it to be handball, you've actually got to play at it with your hand/arm. neville was caught completely by surprise when the player in front of him missed the ball and it was ball to hand.

never a penalty.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> It looks like Manchester don't miss you very much.

I have been watching their Champions League matches. I have a lot of friends there and I speak to them every so often. They are doing well and winning. They have Saha, who is the top scorer in the Champions League. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ruud :*)

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AndyPolack:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

brilliant icon_biggrin.gif

"Hi guys this is my mate from Liverpool.. his name's -"

*BBB storms through the crowd and punches him in the face* </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ahahahaha, you have seen BBB, haven't you icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, they've met. icon14.gif

I know what you mean, though. icon_wink.gif

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

If Ronaldo takes part tonight it will be his 150th game for the club wont it? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>That many? icon_redface.gif

MoM: Ronaldo - just on another level again. Some brilliant shots an unlucky not to score/set one up.

2nd: Probably Heinze even though I didn't think he was that great ://

Rooney just lost up front without a real strike partner. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

whs.

That's my vote, too.

The other side of that is that he's not been asked that particular question in our shirt yet, and we can't really speculate how he's going to answer such a challenge without any frame of reference.

It might not be the "Keano blood and thunder lets get it up them approach" because thats not his game, but whose to say that he won't make an impact in other ways when we're on the back foot, a way that we're probably not been privvy to as yet - but if thats Taz's main issue; that he doesn't give us the Keane model response to hardship of course he, and anyone else expecting something similar, is going to be dissapointed.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

So, are we expecting an unchanged team for tomorrow night or will SAF be unable to resist the urge to rest 3 or 4 prior to Chelsea? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">fergie on team changes for tuesday:

"There will only be two at the very most, I think, to make sure we qualify. I think it (the crowd) is a definite help to them. I watched the video of their game against Benfica and the support was fantastic. We expect that to be a big challenge. We have to handle that but we have got players who can. We have been in these types of situations before. You've got to have players who have the courage to handle the support and the volume of noise." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

maybe fletcher for scholes or giggs and heinze in for evra?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Administrators

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ericcantona7:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

I love Matt sometimes, such an optimist icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Going into Liverpool/Arsenal/Spurs/Lille/Fulham away games thinking we will win them all is beyond optimistic to be fair. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

we can afford to lose 2 league games and still be top though. The way Chelsea are playing we'll probably still have an advantage. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

and that's the 100% wrong way to look at it. You've gotta keep winning to maintain the points gap and the psychological pressure of Chelsea having to chase, which in turn puts us under more pressure.

• 1 month later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

i'm sending keyser a baby-sized van nistelrooy 10 shirt atm </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i dont think you can get those in the club shop anymore icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JulesMUFC:

wes was just being lazy bastard today.

didnt realise what a decent finish giggsy goal was, not quite sure he meant it though to be fair!

didnt know fulham had hit the bar either from our end. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Giggsy's finish had at least some element of luck. It came off his shin, not his boot.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JulesMUFC:

away first is good, roma really arent very good travellers dispite having so many pikeys in their side. \o/. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

didn't they just beat Lyon away?

one positive is that while we'll almost inevitably go 451, roma might go 460. although that might give fergie ideas icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

All competitions Roma away from home:

W = 8; D = 4; L = 5

Not bad really. Victories against Milan and Lyon stand out in that group of eight wins.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

Oh wait, you mean him plus a yummy striker treat as well.

Stabbings less likely, and I'm clearly having a very stupid day today. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hargeaves and his entourage to roll up in some weird three door car, you say? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tanman007:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ajw2255:

vidic will be a massive miss. Cant see utd getting past roma with Brown at CB.

league faves still though </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Could always play Heinze at CB. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Has Fergie played Heinze and Cb?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bagpuss:

they'll all be swipe cards as of next season.

no direct debit for cup games just credit and debit cards.

you screw up one payment they send a letter, you screw up 2 they have the right to take your ST from you. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

best get your bank card sorted then hadn't you as i aint paying for yours next season as i in theory can drop out of the auto cup scheme as it was never compulsory for me </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you can't mate, EVERY ST holder has to be in it next year. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

thats you fuored then icon_wink.gif

• 1 month later...

Archived