4) NEW MIDFIELD FFS

5) 15 points from our first 5 games

6) O'Shea loaned out/sold/played in defence

7) NEW MIDFIELD FFS

8) Incident free ECL group stages

9) Rooney not to be tamed

10) you guessed it - NEW MIDFIELD FFS

11) Carlos Queiroz to go

12) Fergie to announce his retirement (and mean it)

13) FFS MIDFIELD NEW

14) Six points from Liverpoo

15) Six points from Citeh

16) NEW FFS MIDFIELD

17) Beating "smaller" clubs

18) Not drawing non-league opposition in the FA Cup

19) MIDFIELD FFS NEW

20) 4-4-2, pls

not a lot to ask for, surely?

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Shonte:

What game was it last season on Sky where he played ace all game then made an absolute blunder at the end? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I guess you are thinking of Spurs away except he didn't play ace all game, although he did make the blunder at the end

Last season Kuszczak was immense at Liverpool away and Everton away and he made a wonder save away at Wigan. Rest of the season he was decent enough for our level, not special though. Russell Hoult before his back injury was better than Kuszczak

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alibaster:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Young Jimlad:

Anyone else still waiting on their One United packs? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am. They took the money for it three weeks ago as well angryfire.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Me too icon13.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

At least I'm not the only one.

Wasn't someone on here waiting months after the season started to get theirs or did I just imagine such ineptitude on the part of the ticketing/membership offices?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Moreclaw:

Whatever it is, this match is rubbish icon_smile.gif

Why have you even bothered going all the way to South Africa? It's not exactly a huge untapped market. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why are you concerned with our match when your lot are playing?

Why not SA anyway? No problem with jetlag, not too warm, with all the world cup players unavailable there was never going to be a lucrative american/asian tour, we have a large fanbase in SA, makes perfect sense.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Umney:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SLO_Fila:

Does anyone have a video of Schmeichel's goal against Rotor Volograd? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Footage of it at 1:55 for about 4 seconds or so </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks icon_biggrin.gif

EVANS RELISHING ANTWERP SPELL

By Ken Gaunt, PA Sport

Manchester United defender Jonny Evans believes a spell with Royal Antwerp can only help his development.

The 17-year-old prospect is being loaned out to the Belgian club in the coming season as part of his football education.

Evans had a another run-out for the first team last night - he was part of the squad that toured South Africa - and scored in the 3-0 victory against Celtic.

Ferguson has tipped the Northern Ireland youngster to win senior international honours in the months ahead.

Evans is now aiming to kick on and said: "I am looking forward to playing competitive football in a different culture.

"It will be an experience being involved in Belgium."

Evans partnered Wes Brown at the back at Parkhead and enjoyed the occasion as Paul Scholes grabbed a brace in a comfortable win for a young United side.

Evans told MUTV: "Wes has been one of my idols the last two years and I really look up to him.

"To be alongside him and see the way he plays was great for me.

"It was also a pleasure to be on the same pitch as Paul as he has been one of the best players ever."

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

Giggs has been with us what, 16 years, has been utterly integral for 2/3's of them and still important for the others, I just can't comprehend how you can compare him to Smith. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's his commitment on the field , in my opinion Smith since he's been with us he has put more effort into winning us matches (may not have won them all by all means) than Giggs.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> "He is free to swap sides - but not before July 1, 2010," Rummenigge told www.welt.de.

"This is the last word. If I say this, then that is what it is going to be. He can swap sides on July 1, 2010 - no sooner." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rcjuk:

i know but catholics get first choice of the places iirc icon_biggrin.gif

everyone else has to line up outside icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

well i don't know what it's like now, but it was no problem getting in in the late '80's if you were an atheist icon_biggrin.gif

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scatter:

no argument they outplayed us mika, but they still looked fairly impotent for the most part in the final third in terms of balls into the box. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree with that in the sense that I really felt it would be 0-0 and although Fabregas set up the goal beautifully, it came from Ronaldo losing the ball.

In an earlier incident, does anyone know why Ronaldo suddenly decided not to dribble with the ball when he had acres of space to run into, and instead tried to pass to Saha with the outside of his foot from 40 yards away?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> iddlesbrough v Manchester United, The Riverside Stadium, Saturday 2 December, kick off 5:15pm

On Saturday 2 December, United are away to Middlesbrough, kick off 5:15pm. Ticket allocation is still to be confirmed however tickets are priced £31 adults and £18 under 16’s and over 65’s. Executive Members can apply in writing quoting their membership number and facilities held. Please ensure your application is marked “Middlesbrough Away†and enclose payment and a first class sae. Forward your application to the Ticket and Membership Office no later than 5pm on Friday 27 October.

Additionally Season Ticket holders who purchased a seat for the Celtic home cup game, are invited to register an application for this game by calling the 24 hour Ticket Order Line on 0870 442 1999 from 9am on Monday 30 October through to 5pm on Friday 3 November. Please note the deadline has been extended to accomodate those supporters travelling to Copenhagen away. Please note that this is a 24 hour service and tickets are not allocated on a first come first served basis. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Macallan:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 14AlanSmithifb:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Macallan:

Woohoo, what a great weekend. Just returned from Manchester. Great game, good atmosphere. Was located in the East Stand, last time I was allacoted a seat in Stretford End. Score should have been bigger. Game died when Ronaldo and Rooney were taken off, although Fletch tried to make a good impression. No comments about JOS however. Had a beer in the pub on the Corner.

Some guys (one of them with 7 tattood on his back)were singing all the time and the rest of the pub followed immediatley. Brilliant!!

Did the Museum and stadion tour today. The George Best Shrine was nice to see. Also spend 204 quid in the shop. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thats not perhaps something you should be pleased with tbh. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Best an Cantona DVD, Away and home shirt (one for me and on as gift) and these two : http://store.manutd.com/stores/manutd/products/product_...&cid=3969&tid=&bid=0

http://store.manutd.com/stores/manutd/products/product_...&cid=2117&tid=&bid=9 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You can never come to the wall icon_frown.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

oh yeah, sorted for Benfica as well \O/

stuck right at the back of scoreboard tier 2, but it's better than nowt and keeps me in with a shout of away games. nice bloke at the TO let me change my address too so it doesn't have to go all the way to buckingham to get sent back to salford :*) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

\o/\o/

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Young Jimlad:

Lets face it, with Rooney and Saha clearly our 1st choice strike partnership at the start of the season after Ruuds departure and Ole & Smudgers repective injury histories, and Rossi's inexperience we all thought, with varying degree's of importance, that a striker was needed.

Then we hear Smudge has healed quicker than expected and is back in contention; Ole is raring to go; and Rossi's going to get 1st team football at Newcastle til the New Year. This was a gamble but Rossi needed games, Ole got back into the swing of things after the first 2-3 games and with Smudge not actually injured and the team in good form we thought we could bring him on when needed. All was looking relatively rosy.

This didn't become a problem until Copenhagen when Ole got injured again really did it? By that time it was clear that Rossi being at St.James' wasn't good for him or us and Smudge was technically fit but nowhere near ready to resume real competitive action.

Now the Smudge thing was a error no doubt about it, but I think everyone expected Rossi to get more out of his experience in Newcastle, and Ole's injury was unfortunate but if he in particular hadn't been injured would it have been an issue? And how many clubs really operate with more than 4 strikers in the first team squad unless they've reinforced due to long-term injuries and decided to deal with the overload later? At the point the window closed how many of us thought we weren't, at the bare minimum, in an acceptable position in as far as the credentials of the striking department went?

The point is Fergie can't really control 1 key injury & Rossi's move not working out (blame Roeder). The latter decision arguably stems from the error in judging Smiths condition but I don't think anyone would have expected him to come back in as such a pale shadow of his former self.

Anyway Ole's back now, Smudge is apparently coming along in the reserves, Rossi is coming back to us and Larsson arrives in the New Year (2/3 new signings \o/). We should just be glad its not cost us too much in the interim period. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Rossi's move to Newcastle was wrong to begin with. I knew from the start that will be totally useless and that in fact would have helped us somewhat if he would have stayed.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ericcantona7:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Juni:

stop winning ffs

title's yours </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

wait until Ronaldo gets injured icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Limping :/

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scatter:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

we'll let him do the treble only if he promises to retire after this one. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

why exactly? the notion that there is someone better out there to manage us right now and that fergie is somehow deadwood is frankly ridiculous. i hope you are joking </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i thought i was one of the more vociferous 'fergie in' advocates round here. icon_biggrin.gif

while i believe, and have done since august, that we will win the league, we're at millions to win both the cups as well. absolute millions. i have absolutely no faith in our ability to keep a clean sheet at home against a good side in europe, and we're an away tie vs chelsea or arsenal from going out of the fa cup.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

who isnt? you're acting as though the manager should build some sort of invincible force, and we all know thats impossible.*

we are top and the manager is arguably on the way to building his 3rd successful dynasty. credit where credit's due ffs, some of you will only realise just how good this man is when he's gone and we have some mug like curbishley/ron atkinson/mcguinness leading us valiantly to 5th

*except in 99

• 2 weeks later...

With Fergies talk of youngsters making a bid to push out some of the senior members of the squad next season who would you get rid of to allow those youngsters the chance to step up?

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

Van Der Sar, Kuszczak, Foster

Neville, Brown, Ferdinand, Vidic, Silvestre, Heinze, Evra

Ronaldo, Park, Scholes, Carrick, Fletcher, O'Shea, Giggs, Richardson

Saha, Rooney, Solskjaer, Smith

</pre>

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by No Longer Bling:

glad weve got a couple of home games coming up in the league now, might be able to instil a bit of confidence in the lads before everton/city, especially if chelsea drop points in two potentially tricky away ties. i know both west ham/newcastle are complete sh*t but the hammers especially are proper scrapping for their lives and the geordies arent safe, plus having oba banging them from anywhere helps.

BELIEVE icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

plus, you have to hope the players take today the right way - kick up the arse, no complacency, refocus efforts etc. can't see Fergie letting it damage morale. hopefully it'll just go down as a bad day at the office and everyone will move on.

who am i kidding, we're screwed :*(

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hope Smithey does get a new deal. I think the lad's fffffffffffffb, been so impressed with him since he came back and he's now got back to the point where he actually adds something to the team as opposed to just having a terrific attitude.

Archived