The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

I just can't see it, and I don't especially want him either. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Torres and Rooney up front = icon_cool.gif.

Although not at the expense of a new central midfield.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AllStar4:

Rooney stamps on somebody's balls and you lot are raging at Ronaldo.

England fans are such morons icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

wow, you're sooooooooo clever. An inspiration to us all.

And in no way a suppurating boil on the arse of the world, don't let people tell you otherwise.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

I've updated my estimation of 'Rock Bottom' to page 64. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The Utd faithful are so distraught about the stae of affairs they are turning on each other jpshakehead.sml.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Moreclaw:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

I wish Torres would just sign a 20 year deal with Athletico and be done with it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

...Or Man Utd? icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>even better!

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

TK Life long Man Utd fan like his dad. Still got a Schmeichel poster on his bedroom wall back in Poland. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

TK must be the only Pole in England that hasn't come round to fix my hot water.

There's been more Poles than English people in my flat this year!!

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JulesMUFC:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bagpuss:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JulesMUFC:

So i really want to come up to spurs, I think I will. YES! I can get a ticket from the exchange thingy, but it means getting the coach. I MUST sort it. Im in france for the Arsenal game, NO. /o\. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

get uo here you southern ponce </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

haaha thought that said prince for half a second.

but yeh ill be there, can you bring some flapjack for me please keef icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

the caramel shortcake is better to be frank jules

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

We're defending appalingly btw. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

whs

wouldnt be at all surprised if Watford get another

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ronaldo_1977:

amazing what leading the premiership can do to a sides focus, no way would manutd have lost this game the previous 3 seasons. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

no, you're right.

you might have drawn 0-0 at home to a conference side though? :/

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

LKonger version of that was posted on the previous page. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I wondered, couldn't be bothered to check though, the last page was pretty forgettable.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SLO_Fila:

You guys heard about this?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Apparently on the internet message boards it is alleged that John Terry told Ledley King to 'Shut up you lippy black monkey' before getting sent off on Sunday. This would explain the following:

Why King went mad, when normally he is mild tempered and the incident appeared harmless

Why Chimbonda went berserk and had to be physically restrained

Why Zakora went mad also

Why Drogba, who was there and always gets involved, did nothing

Why Terry calmly walked away expecting to be sent off for what appeared on TV to be nothing

Terry was accused by Eto of making racist comments in the Barcelona

game last year.

Apparently a Spurs player has leaked this, but Chelsea are working

overtime to keep it quiet.

Ashley Cole has said that Poll told him the lack of discipline by

Chelsea was out of order and Chelsea are trying to discredit Poll, but

he cannot possibly come out and say what Terry did as he is the England captain, preferring to say he was sent off for 'ungentlemanly conduct'.

Finally, Rio Ferdinand said in his book that a current England player

was a known racist. Wonder who he meant? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I believe it's plausible icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

after seeing it again, Terry clearly shouts something icon_biggrin.gif would be hilarious if true, could feck up Terry and Chelsea.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

Carrick's shooting really isnt that bad (as some have alluded to).. its just he rarely gets a chance with the way we're set up. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It is that bad.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

oh jesus, the derby COME ONE.

I'll make the match thread tomorrow, STILL unbeaten </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No you're not icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

whs tbh icon_biggrin.gif

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ?:

I can honestly see Foster, Heinze, Richardson, Pique, Rossi, and Smith departing before 2008. icon13.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

tbh, Richardson leaving would almost make up for all the others. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He's an abortion.

TVF, I'd be annoyed about Pique and Rossi. Whats the point of briging in these highly talented youngsters as teenagers, when you know full well that your just going to keep buying in players for there positions in the future?

no particular reason

I didnt want to give too much away but having considered it thought it would be of interest to some on here

so we have one striker and one top midfielder

both young

both wear Adidas

One is French

One is Spanish

from RI, RoRo part 2 \o/

• 3 weeks later...

Mika adding yet further lies to his location icon13.gif

Seriously Mika, which would you rather. United win the league or Hendry win the World Championship again? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Jesus don't put me on the spot like that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If the answer's Hendry, then I've got more respect for Kieran Richardson than I have for you...

• 4 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rcjuk:

Actually I keep forgetting your like 30 million years old and not 22 or something.

Still should stop funding mart icon13.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mart's not getting funded and is in fact paying me back

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Young Jimlad:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

and smith to start v boro please </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If he doesn't then Fergie needs his head examining. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep, its got to be Smith + Larsson vs. Boro. No way around it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

no rooney?

personally id have done with larsson, he's going anyway so we need to look at the bigger picture i.e. rooney and smith coming up with some semblance of a partnership upfront </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nah, milk Larsson for all he's worth if he's not staying (not in a vindictive way obviously), and give Smith as much of a run-out as possible.

I'd rather do that and go out than risk Rooney, however poor his form is, getting injured at the minute, especially since I think that there's a strong possibility that Fergie will stick Wayne up top on his own and play...

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

- - - - - Carrick - - - - O'Shea - - -

- Ronaldo - - - - Scholes - - - - Giggs

</pre>

...behind him rather than start Smithy up top with him.

• 4 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

i appreciate that's an issue if you've another train/flight to catch, but if not surely half an hour's waiting is no big deal whatsoever? just applauding the lads off after a performance like yesterday would be worth having to hang around for half an hour, let alone the fact that with United there's always the chance you're going to miss 4/5 goals a season even if you leave on 89/90 minutes.

i just don't get the mindset of people who are so bothered about being stuck in queues. it's easy for me to say now when i generally stroll home afterwards, but back when i was travelling up from 200-300 miles away i'd still never have dreamt of leaving before the end. what does an extra 20-30 minutes in the car matter really, especially if you're going to get back late anyway. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I would've killed for the chance to do that yesterday. icon_frown.gif

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by The_Fish:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RedBlood:

Am i the only one who thinks Everton is the biggest game we have played in years? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes.

Tonight clearly much bigger. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

how?

pathetic. The only word for it.

giggs an absolute disgrace, was actually furious at him (and the TV) for most of the game, even thinking at one point 'Richardson would be more useful atm than this sh*te'

like James though, some relief mixed with the overriding bitterness

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by nistelrooy_uk_10:

yeah what a terrible season we've had. mass clear out IMO. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What? Where did I say we'd had a poor season?

i cant believer you think he can do any more with the fulham one, i mean seriously icon_biggrin.gif

one thing they all have in common is comedy defending, whilst cech being there might have aided that theres no way im buying that hilario has cost you significant title points. were not talking howardesque howlers here.

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

Jonny was apparently left out because it's his birthday and as such he was spared. although he'd have probably preferred to be in it i reckon. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Can easily be changed, but I just couldn't find a good photo of him on his own. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sneakily not including yourself as well.

How good does the squad look at this minute?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

Keepers: Van Der Sar, Kuszczak, Foster

Full Backs: Neville, Evra, Heinze, Silvestre, Simpson

Centre Backs: Ferdinand, Vidic, Brown, Evans, Pique

Wingers: Ronaldo, Nani, Giggs, Park, Richardson

Central Midfielders: Scholes, Carrick, Hargreaves, Anderson, Fletcher

Forwards: Saha, Rooney, Smith, Rossi, Solskjaer

Can play Every Position: O'Shea

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The squad wont stay like that but as of today it looks fantastic.

Archived