The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Juni:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

Juni even gets his SI data from google icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am Google. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well I have a bone to pick with you.. why are there no image results for Jenas' girlfriend?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hate a player for saying he wants away, don't hate a player for what he does in an International.

Heinze lost it on Friday, should he be kicked out the club?

Mascherano has been 'diving' and asking for cards all tournament - should we refuse to try and sign him?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20?:

Kuszczak's looked decent for WBA generally but how many times have we seen a keeper do well at a smaller club and not have the mental strength to deal with the step up? Suppose if it's only as backup it's not quite as serious an issue. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Apart from getting them games in the even of VDS being fit all season, i'd say especially in the case of Foster the mental issue is the reason we want another number 2 in the event that he is injured. some goalkeepers don't recover from a poor season after being thrown in at a big club, better to wait and see that we're more confident he's ready.

i was watching premiership years 00/01 last night and the difference for me is that then you looked at our team and it had players of real character, leaders and winners. there are very few players now in our team that i feel that way about. id probably say van der sar, heinze, neville, rooney, maybe rio and possibly wes. thats about it

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gregg Carter:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

That's the big question mark though, isn't it. An indifferent at best season for Arsenal, followed by another for Juventus from what i've heard and the little i saw. He's over thirty, past his best, and i would be amazed if we didn't have to make him one of the top earners at the club to get him, regardless of whether his transfer fee isn't huge.

I agree entirely that who he's played for is irrelevant to the situation, though. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am not sure he's the answer either. He did have a good world cup, but, i'm not sure he can produce that week in week out anymore.

However, if we cant get Mascherano and he can come in and perform to a decent level for the next two seasons and actually help to improve our players as a whole, the likes of Jonah for example, then it could be a good move.

I'm not entirely convinced though. My main reason for laughing was purely down to the guy saying he was a good player but he didnt want him because he'd been involved with Arsenal. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, i agree with you there. It's just that we're not down to Maraschino and Vieira as the only two who could do that job, so losing out on Maraschino doesn't automatically make Vieira the only other alternative. Even if we can't get someone who's the finished article (and i'm not sure even that's the case), i for one would rather take someone on the way up and hope they fulfill their potential than someone who's shown they're past their best and is only going to get worse, especially when they'll be on absolute top bracket wages.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Young Jimlad:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

Excellent icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Didn't realise you were one of the MUTV subscribers? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm just saying excellent that he scored icon_biggrin.gif

I haven't seen it icon_frown.gif Mon it being on youtube.

Steele as well? Okay fair enough. I assume the premise is that he'll just play backup to the Swiss keeper Zuberbuhler (or however its spelt)?

As for McShane, I'd be surprised if he got a lot of football at the Hawthorns given the sheer amount of defenders populating WBA's squad. Although its worth noting that he did do quite well at Brighton last year so if he gets another chance to play at that level (towards the top this time as well) it might prove to be a decent chance for him.

Good luck to both of them if it goes through though, especially since it seems more likely that those two won't be making the breakthrough as first-team regulars at OT.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

I just had a look, none on there now but holy moly there's LOADS for Liverpool </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

shh dont tell jonny

Jesus Nick. Riise isn't a left midfielder AT ALL. Yes he plays there occasionally, but he's a left back. And far better at left back too. Yes, he's better going forward, but so is Ashley Cole? And it doesn't make him a midfielder, just as it doesn't make Roberto Carlos one.

And Aurelio is far from gash. In fact, from what I've seen so far, I'd say he's on a par with Riise going forward, and better defensively. I'd rather have him in the team.

Add Warnock to that and we have pretty much the best 3rd squad depth (which is what this is about) at LB, bar you, and possibly Chelsea

Clichy hasn't proved anything yet, Flamini is a midfielder, and Hoyte is gash. So Arsenal are relying on Gallas, just as much as they've been relying on Cole previously.

• 4 weeks later...

Just had a quick look on RAWK to see if there were any spares and scousers seriously must be stupid, the t&t forum on the sanctuary has just these rules

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> You may not offer tickets for sale for a higher price than the face value of the ticket

You may not offer to buy a ticket for a higher price than the face value of the ticket

If you swap tickets with markedly different values, you must make up the rest of the money to ensure a fair swap.

Offenders will be banned, possibly permanently, without a refund for transgressing these rules. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

and the scousers

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/ticketexchange.php

icon_biggrin.gif

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

I wonder if it's the same as last season where me and only me said that we would win. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We will not lose ! icon_razz.gif

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

And what in earth is that O'Shea celebration icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah wtf?? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Haha icon_biggrin.gif

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

you know what gets forgetten about that game though, how fb Ole's goal was to bring it back to 1-2 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon14.gif

Chested down and slotted through Schmike's legs icon_cool.gif

Who's going tommorrow and (seeing as "debtboy" isnt going) where is everyone meeting ?

and if I had a choice it would have to be Barcelona away in 99 or Spurs away in 2001 (seeing as I was there for ALL the home games in the treble season icon_cool.gif).

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Manchester United are now 2/7 at Skybet to win the Premiership after thumping Spurs 4-0 at White Hart Lane on Sunday - while Irish bookies Boylesports are already paying out on a United title win. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Champions \o/

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Satan, look at my pert arse!:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">* Ryan GIGGS is two away from 100 Premiership goals. Paul SCHOLES is five away from the same landmark, and Ole SOLSKJAER nine.

* Paul SCHOLES is one goal away from becoming United's outright leading scorer of Premiership goals. He currently shares the honour with Ruud VAN NISTELROOY </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_confused.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The Giggs one is the wrong one. He's got 98 goals in the top division, but that's 93 in the prem, and 5 in the old div 1.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by theis:

nick trying to cover his arse by adding the cult hero award at the last second and pretending he didn't actually forget all about it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Exactly what I was thinking icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by No Longer Bling:

yeah although we should have an even greater number of ***** yet i really only struggle with pickles. carter posts complete ******* sometimes but then hes welsh so i take its a cultural thing.

how are the exams going btw? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

As well as could be hoped thanks. I reckon I'm almost certain (as long as there are no **** ups in my remaining 3 exams) to get a 2:1 which considering how much work I've done compared to your average student here will be a complete joke. Have a mate who has worked constantly for three years, put in so much work its untrue but because it wasn't focused towards his exams and the fact that his exam technique is shocking he won't get more than a 2:1.

Would feel wrong to the same class of degree as him icon_frown.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Archived