The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by No Longer Bling:

well the problem he has now is his move to madrid seemed to rely on mir getting in which doesnt look likely. we may be left with a player who doesnt want to be at old trafford and a few lads that dont want him there either. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Surely they'd be takers for him, whether it was a Mir led Madrid or anyone else?

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scatter:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keyser:

yeah but how many of them were in line for ypott? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

not really my point. but, by that rationale, the implication is that podolski went the entire tournament without diving or any other such carrying on. yeah right... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

no it isn't your point but it's perhaps the point of the guy making the decision? And pull the other one if Podolski was anywhere near as bad (and I mean 1/1000th as bad) as Cronnie icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Crilly:

oh and I wonder how much Sebastian Frey would cost? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Heh, just mentioned him on MSN, better than kuzsczak, and would provide competition next season. I think it's a decent option if fergie so feels we need a keeper

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dayle Wood:

MANCHESTER UNITED ON TOUR: FIT-AGAIN MIDFIELDER THROWS DOWN GAUNTLET

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

eh what </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

sorry thats another stort - Scholes determined to go hard for the title this season - thinks it's more important than doing well in Europe - He's sick of seeing Chelsea win the title and wants it back where it belongs.

Apologies.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JulesMUFC:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I actually feel a lot better about the season having seen that match. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just no jonny. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Capital letter for names & also any opinion you have is null & void seeing as you want Kieran Richardson to have your babies.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JulesMUFC:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">hes a good player but seems a strange signing as hes not exactly an out and out ball winner. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I always thought he was? Ive only seen him place a few games for Villareal but he seems like a big man in the middle and he also has an awesome set piece iirc. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

hes not the tough tackling midfielder i know some would like but he will get stuck in. ive always been more impressed with his passing than his tackling so this signing would kind of make me wonder what the point of carrick was icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by something less annoying:

Does anyone have a reasonable explanation for the signing of Evra yet? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

fergie thought he would be good but he turned out to be crap

its the general 50/50 rule that applies to his transfers

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

I love that Newcastle fans hate us icon_biggrin.gif

In their programme from last season they asked some mongy fan

"If you could beat anyone 6-0 who would it be"

"Man U of course" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

My point proven. icon_smile.gif

• 3 weeks later...

I came out of Tiger Tiger in town the other night & a good looking girl came & sat next to me on some chairs that were outside. Then she opened her mouth & this horrendous scouse accent sounded out icon_frown.gif

Being drunk I said "oh god, you're a scouser" /o\

Luckily I didn't get beaten up by the two guys she was with icon14.gif

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BamBamBam:

You watching the game? How? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

on tv icon_smile.gif don´t live in England, thus watching it on Premiere (German version of Sky)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

i can see it now - they'll say there's a few tickets left for Benfica, and they'll all be £50 quadrant hospitality ones, leaving me with the choice of paying that or going without and losing the right to apply for aways /O\

only myself to blame tbf. no way i can afford £50 right now though. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You cant really afford anything though.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">"I think he should go to PSV or Ajax or somewhere they have a tradition of raising young players. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I wish we had that kind of tradition icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

When's the last one you developed? Scholes/Giggs/Becks are all 10-15 years ago.

Maybe John O'Shea?

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rcjuk:

what saha should do is stfu and get on with scoring goals instead of whinging like a little bitch </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why can't he do both?

• 4 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

I have to admit I don't have the self-confidence to be standing up and chanting if nobody else is, it's not me. If some people are though I tend to join in, and generally loosen up during the match, always louder in the second half. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You're basically me ffs </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Same sitch here. Try to join in as much as possible when it sparks up around me but once it fades no-one can keep it going by themselves.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

btw lads, who are your 2 players of the season so far? i saw a poll of united fans on this recently, scholes and ronaldo were tied.

for me:

1) Paul Scholes - (sometimes overshadowed by more prominent team members in the past maybe because of the very quiet way he goes about things, but for me it has been impossible to ignore just how good the lad is, this season more than any. would be thrilled if he won player of the year, not sure he would though)

2) Cristiano Ronaldo - pretty self explanatory, the year he came of age as a consistent and genuine threat. hard to separate the two really but scholes edges it for me.

Most Improved so far:

1) Cristiano Ronaldo

2) Patrice Evra </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Blimey, we agree on something icon_biggrin.gif

Yeah what exactly does Ferguson see in Kooshack? Looked like he lost the ball 3 or 4 times in the game tonight.

Erm Carrick was decent as was Park. Ronaldo got booted a lot in the first half but looked a little off the pace. Sulked lots too icon_mad.gif

Saha I just don't understand. The guy is left footed. So why oh wh yafter skinning two defenders at the end did he not switch the angle to favour his left foot as he was running in? Instead he hits it with his right & it goes wide.

Oh & one final point. Seeing Ole with literally no pace at all makes me sad icon_frown.gif He was played in some point in the second half & after about 5 yards he stopped turned inside & passed it as the defender had already got back to defend. Was like watching Blanc trying to break into a sprint all over again icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

There's no way I can go to Reading, couldn't get the time off if I wanted. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Want to apply for me?

• 1 month later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Also 3 of the 4 teams in the Semi English, great advert for the league and all those GQ muppets who claim when it happens on FM and English teams do well in the competition its a bug. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon13.gif. i hate it, would love it was united and a bunch of european big boys.

giggsy motm, carrick 2nd. fletch was brilliant, was watching it with some pals and their family tonight, SLATED fletcher before the game. won over by him.

tactics PERFECT tonight fergus, so glad smithy was given the role.

well in lads. now the semi icon_smile.gif

I'm so glad I ended up getting drunk, might have ended it all. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Drunk on what exactly?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived