The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

if all these reports are true we are so fecking boned... icon_biggrin.gificon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

marks right. What i dont like about CQ is the football we were playing at a time when he was supposed to wield a lot of power over the way we played.

I do remember when we first got him though and won the title, i thought he was great and was delighted when we got him back from Madrid. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

not saying you're right or wrong, but the argument against that point is that during his first stint with us we played some of the best football we have in aaaaaaages.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

The original black viewcam shirt is the last I bought. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

our best kit ever imo icon_cool.gif

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20?:

Even I wouldn't give Ronaldo 20 for crossing icon13.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ronaldo's final ball is always poor, look at all the free kciks and shots he misses.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

In fact I specifically remember early last season/year before noticing how Scholes was picking the ball up in deeper and deeper positions... until he was nearly alongside Rio at one stage.

Whilst he naturally does that on occasions, his starting position should really be over the half way line, so he can continue making the runs towards the box and contributing to our moves in the final stages rather than being restricted to starting them </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah it seems like he had become a poorer version of Pirlo.

We really need to try and get some of the Juve/Fiorentina/Milan (and Lazio but can hardly name anyone decent for them). Gattuso and Pirlo could well be available, but not as likely as the players from the relegated teams. Of those relegated teams the ones who seem to fill the central midfield role is Emerson, but he's on his way to Madrid (hence why they've offered us Gravesen). But apart from that I can't see any long term prospects from those clubs in the positions we need.

Fat Ronaldo's nowhere near the player he was. Is this in the vieira spirit of getting players we would have like to have signed 5-10 years ago? I've heard we might get Del Piero as well. Why don't we go for Fowler while we're at it. Maybe Ince and Kanchelskis back as well? Blanc again for the back 4, and we're sorted.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

I wish Sir Alex Ferguson or Gill would come out and be honest with us and say "och aye we've nae got a pot to pish in" instead of stringing us along, Fergie would probably get sacked but he'd go down as a legend instead of a liar, Gill just a complete twat "yeah we'll get it done before the World Cup" and still people won't think "wow, these Yanks aren't actually good for us" but no he'll come out with

"och we tried signing a few players but sadly I was away sunning myself and David was giving Malcom a blowjob so we ran out of time"

same, tired excuses.

I swear I will go on the rampage if we get the usual "hit the ground running/can't afford to lose more than X amount of games"

ARGH </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

\o/ icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ajw10:

note I refuse to use Giggs or OShea in the midfield selection because they should really be put back to their positions of winger and defensive backup asap </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

and left out Ole because of his injuries? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dont know why really. Complete God that he is, I doubt he'll get us 25 goals this season </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

are any of your strikers?

I'd like to think Fergie's departure would some kind of amicable, close season, well-timed affair.

But we all know damn well it'll probably be some fiery spectacle played out in front of Sky Sports cameras on some Tuesday in November, just before a crucial Champions League game.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

Q: How close to signing someone else?

A: Don't go home.

icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Gravesen tbh icon_wink.gif

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Razzler:

so, you reckon you are making a bid ?

Isnt uncle Roman invovled in that company, which would make it unlikely ? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://www.sambafoot.com/en/articles/48_The_Truth_behin...Millions_page_1.html

Joorabchian has dealt with Roman in the past but Roman is not connected with the Corinthians deal.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Andrew K:

tbh I can see Hargreaves really wanting this chance to come to England.. he's done it all with Bayern and we're still (somehow) a big attraction.

The question is, do Bayern want to hold onto an unhappy player. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, they do. Bayern already has a central midfield crisis. Now that Ishmael has a broken bone, the crisis deepens because DeMichellis is now first back-up at center back. They'd be completely ****ed if Hargreaves wasn't available in the holding midfield role. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes f**ked becuase Bayern aren't allow to buy players right :p Seriously if a player wants out get rid of them and get someone else in. They knew Ballack was out in Jan so must have targets in mind. Money they can get from Owen can be ploughed back in for more players easily.

What I dont understand how Owen can come out and say he is considering an excellent offer from us, yet the Bayern are saying they wont sell. Surely this is illegal tapping up (as Sir Alex does!), OR we have asked permission to speak to him from Bayern, and Bayern are playing major hardball!

Whats your thoughts guys?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keyser:

from the aforementioned thread:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Originally posted by No Longer Bling:

i actually think the team you posted dp is the strongest liverpool can line up, it looks immense to me.

will utterly dominate SU who look to be the weakest of the weak this year. and yes, nwiafc.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

sweet christ icon_biggrin.gif

rooting? pointing out what i think their strongest line up is? pointint out i think they will roll over the dregs of sheffield?

buy some sense and stop spending your hard earned cash on pies tubs. this merry bandwagon being led by the highbury screamer so fitting.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

haha Mark so logical icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's a particularly useless trait to have when trying to second guess what Fergie will do icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keyser:

I like the look of Bodmer, absolutely solid. Are Lille in the Champions League this season? </div></BLOCKQUOTE> icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rb:

Rangers such a good Feederclub to have icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Right, havent read anthing anybody else has said today but:

Fletcher: anonymous, terrible, passing rubbish

O'Shea: Just icon_mad.gif. I'd seriously like to see his Optra Stats for that game. Every single ball he gave away. If his pass completion ration today was anthing over 10%, then I'm a monkeys unkle. Worst game in a Utd shirt.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

Hypothetically speaking and getting WAY ahead of myself, would a season in which we won the UEFA Cup and finished second be a successful or unsuccessful one? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think it's one of those questions that can only be answered at the end of the season. In the summer we'd almost certainly have taken that, whereas now i'd say at least our hopes, if not our expectations, have changed. So if we struggle over the holiday programme and fall behind, and finish a comfortable second but well behind Chelsea, that would look different to only dropping to second by losing our last three games.

You wanted a yes or no answer, didn't you? icon_frown.gif

• 1 month later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Big Geordie:

It's also been good to have a natter about the match, and put aside the usual winding up aside for a bit.

Cheers. icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yep, very much so

• 2 weeks later...

I agree that they shouldn't wear Celtic shirts.

If so called 'real' United fans wanted tickets, surely they would be able to get them before Celtic fans from Glasgow/Dublin/wherever could? Between season tickets, oneunited and however else they are sold, there used to be very little chance of a public sale when I went to see United 4-5 years ago.

Would indicate that these people getting tickets are either:

a) members of united fan club

b) season ticket holders

c) real united fans are flogging the tickets to highest bidder.

?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

oh and the 1 ante natal class that I have attended scared the beejeesus out of me, ventrousing is still giving me nightmares. It's a kitchen plunger and a vacuum cleaner ffs. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

WARNING - you may not want to read this

It ain't pretty dude. But if it gets the job done. Matt ended up with a dislocated shoulder, but he was out.

The look of panic on the doctor's faces (they appeared from nowhere when it started to turn to sh*t) and the lumps of flesh left on the delivery room floor are my main two memories.

Oh and feeling soooo helpless when Matt was being carted off in one direct to the baby care unit and Sal was going in the other to be put back together again.

but hey, don't wanna scare ya or anything icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

SHall we have a whip round and buy him this?

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">What was the move you liked the most?

I loved putting the ball where nobody expected it, on the condition that it was efficient. Everybody expects you to pass the ball to your left, and you do it on your right. The ball is in the running trajectory of the player, the game becomes more fluid and surprising. When you know how to do that, you have 10 times more opportunities because the players around you know you can throw the ball anywhere at any moment. So they spread out on the field. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's the comment that sums Eric up, and makes him different to pretty much any other footballer i've ever watched.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived