The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

So I've got over my bout of depression from a couple of days ago and had a think about a few things surrounding the club and broken it down into a few posts for you to enjoy or skip at your leisure. Number one on our list…

Ronaldo vs. Rooney

I’ll watch the highlights again tomorrow to get a better idea of what happened (was at work during the game) but at the minute it seems as though Ronaldo resorted to gamesmanship to aid Portugal’s cause and since I don’t as a rule appreciate that it gets a icon13.gif

However I only care if it impacts upon his relationship with Rooney at United, and since Rooney > Ronaldo I know who I’d want out the door, which brings is to issue two…

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Young Jimlad:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

Liam Miller was the new Keane. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And we still own him so now might be the time Fergie decides to unleash him properly on the Premiership. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

God you know it's a dire season if the secret weapon you're about to 'unleash' is Liam fecking Miller.

icon_mad.gif die season die icon_mad.gif

• Administrators

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

Keith, just how hard did you kick Ryan? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

evidently not hard enough

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ajw10:

I am really not going to enjoy then smugness on here when you do sign some quality midfielders icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Get out of here with your jinxing icon_mad.gif

I'd rather we didn't sign anyone.

To know that the club actually has money to spend and is seemingly actively looking to buy players, and to end up with an overpriced backup goalkeeper is just... frustrating.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Young Jimlad:

Brondby might be a decent option now Rene is manager there. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Indeed - slightly different I know, but apparently Rene is looking to take Mark Howard (who we released in June) to Brondby, presumably after liking what he saw of him when managing the reserves. Wouldn't surprise me at all if a few mutually-beneficial loan deals between us and Brondby take place.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

**** right off. Pair of ********.

And 2-3-5 is the best formation. Totally old school. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

Brown Vidic

Neville Ferdinand Heinze

Ronaldo Scholes Rooney Rossi Saha

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Daaaaave:

hi lads, looks like we're about the complete the signing of our second striker to go along with our second midfielder.

sure things will turn out well for you in the end though. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

gutted we haven't signed Pennant or Kuijt icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

United say the clubs haven't agreed a fee over Ruud. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

/o\

what's going on ffs

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

RIP Laurie Cunningham </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Did you go right to the end of the clip, to see big Ron's comments on who should be man of the match?

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">None of my siblings were United fans. I just used their names to get an extra membership, and therefore an extra application (you can still only apply for one ticket per membership I assume?). If your United mates sign up and get allocated a ticket, surely they'll want it themselves. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

True. Some are just lazy though - would prefer to sit in the pub and watch it. They're obviously the ones who have never been to OT! May go for the family option. Use all 22 of my cousins' and 16 aunts and uncles' names!!

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by A sheppard herds the sheep:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

Now I'm surprised when we win icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

remember we are top of the table so there is hope for us winning the league this year icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We have as much hope of winning the league as Gael Clichy does of making 30 appearances this season icon_frown.gif

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Juni:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

Hold up. Martin is using MY money to buy premium beer on a day that I'm not going to be at the wall? icon_mad.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

indeed </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'd say Phil you cunnt but i know damn well thats Matts work the inbred Hull twerp icon_razz.gif

and FYI Mart was 'browsing' my play.com purchases (feck knows why he has the password to get in) and started demanding DVD's to watch

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Razor Eddie:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

Ok, we'll fold next week. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I wish you'd damn well stop that. icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Pessimism > * </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Meh.

We can lose by four goals and stay top. icon_razz.gif

I'll say now that I don't believe by any stretch that we will.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

oh and Ryan is trying to break tradition (Mika texting the team news) by getting redcafe on his PDA, next time he does it I'll set Eddie on him </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'll have to start posting fake lineups on there then.

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

the treble icon_biggrin.gif

oh and I cannot agree with Nick re: lessening the 99 achievement. Us winning it again would be ffffffffffb.

But quite clearly not gonna happen, who the hell even brought it up in the first place icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Whs.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by theis:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by T!mbo:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by T!mbo:

John O'Shea to play up front icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ul Theis </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

bugger. Still great minds think alike. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not arguing with that.

I took a striker of a similar weight and height to JOS and compared their stats in that Actim Station on the Premier League website.

JOS, it turns out is a far better striker than James Beattie.

Conclusive evidence there I think.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived