The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JulesMUFC:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Argel:

Let's see what kind of money they are talking. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

£17-18m guarenteed, the rest dependent on success while he's at Madrid. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

PJ seriously, why quote random, utter random figures as if they fact. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm not saying its fact, I'm suggesting what it will probably be. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

"probably" icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

When Fergie changed his mind in 2002 and decided to stay on, can people remember what their honest reactions and thoughts were at the time? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hadnt we just come off the back of 3 back to back league titles? I'd imagine i was happy.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

5 years, 1 premiership winners medal, 1 fa cup winners medal. not exactly great icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't forget the Carling Cup <STRIKE>and Charity Shield </STRIKE>ffs icon_mad.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

For the last time, we're not fcuking scousers!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rcjuk:

icon15.gif

Nice long term replacement </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well that's what happens when you blow £13m of your limited budget on a 'less necessary' type of midfielder*.

* This is a condensed version of what mark will basically post in about 4 minutes time

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by No Longer Bling:

we should refuse to defend the prestigious amsterdam cup in protest imo </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

bugger off some of us want to go back and spend more time over there seeing amsterdam properly

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Deny her the right to come cos a few internet weirdos think its silly? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Its not just internet weirdos who think its silly.

• 4 weeks later...

I know i'm a bit late in doing this but here it goes anyway.

Thought the worst after the first half display, no creativity and lackm of width on the left and Benfica having much of the possesion and probably should have gone in a goal to the good. Second half a much more assured performance from us, Ronaldo in particular thought he was fantastic at relieving the pressure from our back line (as already mentioned in here) and thought he was unfortunate not to score he himslef before he was chopped to the ground by various Benfica players.

Thought Gabby was back to his best, absolutley brilliant not a foot wrong and looking like he hasn't missed anything since his injury. Saha played well again in a tough role against 4/5 Benfica defenders and took his goal really well , even if it was a deflection and also ran his socks off. Rooney again lacked his usual clinical streak (although playing left wing wouldn't have helped), hope he bangs a couple in against the Geordies on Sunday.

MoM: Crissy Ronaldo

VERY close second: Gabby "Argentina!" Heinze

Also Blaine don't suppose you know if it HAS to be an NUS card or just a student card for the FC game on saturday?

• 2 weeks later...

he said he wanted one, or am i missing a joke somewhere?

Yeah, everythings fine. I've just got a little boy that I'd promised to take to his school firework display. Typical that the one game that's a blooming 3pm Saturday kick-off is the one that causes problems icon_biggrin.gif

Mum wants to stop at home because one of the dogs hates fireworks.

• 2 weeks later...

Brown will never hold down a first team spot at Manchester United in my opinion. A mixture of injuries and better players will see to that and as much as i love Wesley and think hes a great squad player to have i would sell him down the river to get Hargreaves or another good midfielder.

With Evans and Pique i think both could step up to first team squad member status next season. I've been very happy with what i have seen from them both and what they need now is experience. Evans is an international and its great the he has played against teams like Spain and Pique is getting a few games in La Liga and should get a lot more.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

flat out denial by Jol that they're gonna sell Defoe.. apparently still an important member of the team

\o/

Now just leave it at that Fergie... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'll pass the same thoughts onto Rafa.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

Van der Sar agrees new deal

Edwin van der Sar has signed a fresh one-year deal at Manchester United, Sir Alex Ferguson has confirmed.

The 36-year-old moved to Old Trafford from Fulham 18 months ago and has been a consistent figure ever since taking over the number one jersey.

An obviously delighted Ferguson feels Van der Sar could continue for at least another two years and has wasted little time in extending his current stay.

"Our approach with players in their 30s is to give them one-year contracts that's what we did with Denis Irwin," Ferguson told The Daily Mirror.

"He signed one-year deals before he eventually left when he was 36. There's nothing wrong with that and we've given Edwin another one-year contract.

"Edwin's fit, he's lean, he's hungry and he can play for another two years, easy.

"He's probably got a new lease of life since coming to United.

"He did well at Fulham, having been at Juventus previously. But coming to us has given him an extra spur that a lot of goalkeepers get at that age.

"He's done really well for us and he's good in the dressing room, too.

"He's not a terribly demonstrative person - he's not like Schmeichel for instance. But what he says has got an authority about it because he's been there and that experience and personality help." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

agreed on that - don't want another spell where Fergie is left to his own devices and then brings in Walter Smith. only exception would be if there's a ready-made replacement ready to come in, but even then i'm not sure it'd be worth the disruption.

in fairness to Carlos, the football's a darned sight better this season. still not a fan, but it's hard to argue with the results atm (assuming he's still having the same input).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Blaine:

kinell... worst and shortest either or i've seen.

sort it out wes. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Was thinking just that, not even anything remotely funny, still United Debut>England Debut icon14.gif

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SLO_Fila:

However due to his injuries and lack of any will to play up until his latest injury turned me from giving him all my support to wanting to beat the ****er to hell. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

A touch harsh? icon_biggrin.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

07 is going to go MENTAL </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you started it tbf asking for what the prize was

• 1 month later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Chelsea scout mocks Nani deal

Mon 11 Jun, 11:45 AM

Chelsea scout Piet de Visser has had a dig at Manchester United, claiming new signing Nani may not be good enough for the Premiership.De Visser has been asked by Blues owner Roman Abramovich to identify young talent to bring to Stamford Bridge, but has cast doubt on whether United's big-money signing can cut it in the English league.

Dutchman De Visser admits the 20-year-old midfielder has huge potential, but reckons his crossing lets him down and claims he holds onto the ball for too long.

De Visser, who recommended John Obi Mikel to Chelsea, told The Sun: "This boy is, as far as his skills are concerned, a super talent.

"He had his training with Sporting Lisbon and technically he is so good, he is almost perfect.

"But I also stress that despite all his talent he may not be right for the Premier League.

"His crosses are sometimes OK, sometimes bad.

"He dribbles too much with the ball because he wants to entertain, not because he wants to be effective.

"Cristiano Ronaldo had the same problem when he first played for United." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So basically he is saying we have a real gem. icon_rolleyes.gif

Archived