The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20?:

Christ, it's come to something when FM's literally the only thing we have to talk about in here at the moment icon_frown.gif

Loving the World Cup, but I wish it'd hurry up and finish so we can sort out some bloody signings. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

See what happens, you let foobR start the thread and it turns into GQ icon_rolleyes.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ruud

"I think the lads at United knew that, he knows and I know so I'll say the same as he did," said Van Nistelrooy.

"Nothing happened and we get on really well. I have no problem with Ronaldo, that's definitely the situation."

Ronaldo

It was nothing much at all," he said. "Quarrels happen in all teams, in all professions.

"It's perfectly normal to have these small disagreements and that's what happened, something perfectly normal.

"It's a storm in a tea-cup. Yet people are turning it into something it isn't."

He added: "All I can do is repeat what I have already said and that is that what happened wasn't anything special.

"Ruud is actually someone I get on particularly well with."

icon_smile.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

Was it just the hanging around, the drinking, or the blatant grooming of Ryan they objected to? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

it seems the two crimes are:

1) Drinking beer (while standing still) in an alcohol free zone.

2) Using a privately owned wall to sit on without prior permission.

• 4 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jimmymc:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

I've emailed the editor to ask can it be deleted. This is now my 2nd Sanctuary feck up </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Whoops. Just saw the abuse... What did you do last time? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Posted stuff from the sanctuary on here.

Did you mean to repost that, well, just like that?

Anyway, while its a blessing that Saha appears to have come through an international break unscathed it looks like Rooney, Ronny and Giggsy are all doubts for tomorrow (slight/moderate/big respectively).

Mon the victory - lets keep Chelsea chasing.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Terry Cheung:

Agree mark. That 2-0 defeat at Anfield in 1992 was so galling it's unbelievable. One of the biggest disappointments ever, even though by that time there was a certain inevitability to it and the team had lost their bottle. I mean, we couldn't even say that Rush never scored against United anymore. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Foe me the defeat at Weat Ham just before was worse. While supposedly losing the title at anfield was excruciating, after the West Ham defeat there was a certain inevitability about it. For me the title really went in the earlier game, losing to an awful, already relegated side, and to such a freak goal as well. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, maybe. The difference for me was that I only listened to the West Ham game on the radio but the Liverpool match was televised.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scatter:

i won't have your fletcher hate in here ali icon_mad.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's not Fletcher hate icon_frown.gif

I think he's a decent player, worthy of a place in the Manchester United squad. Just can't see him making the step up to world-class midfielder, for a variety of reasons. He'll basically end up like Nicky Butt - better than your average back up player, but not quite United class.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

Real Madrid will offer £35m for the Manchester United winger Cristiano Ronaldo this summer, according to sources close to the club's sporting director, Pedrag Mijatovic.

The Spanish side expect United to stonewall advan-ces for their biggest asset but are banking on the player's head being turned by the prospect of becoming the club's biggest signing since the capture of Zinedine Zidane from Juventus in 2001 and the prospect of replacing David Beckham, not just on the pitch but off it as the new face of Real.

A £35m deal would be the third biggest of all time, behind Zidane's £44m move and Luis Figo's £37m switch from Barcelona to Real.

Ronaldo, who will be 22 in February, appeared to have one foot in the Bernabeu last summer when, after clashing with Wayne Rooney at the World Cup, he became English football's public enemy No 1. While still in Germany with the Portuguese team, he was alleged to have offered his services to the then Real Madrid presidential candidate Juan Miguel Villar Mir, who promised to sign him if he won the election.

Ronaldo was quoted as saying: "I have told my agent I am prepared to leave. I want to do it in the best manner possible. I want to play for Real and dream of doing so. I have gone with Villar Mir's project because it is serious and follows correct procedures. They have explained to me their plans and the next step is they will talk to Manchester United."

Villar Mir lost the election, however, and Ronaldo flew back to Manchester to patch up his differences with Rooney. The fact that he has performed for United so superbly has only heightened Madrid's interest in a player whose current deal runs to 2010, and a source close to Mijatovic said last night: "The club have decided to make an offer for Ronaldo that will be very difficult to refuse".

Ronaldo's former United team-mate Ruud van Nistelrooy believes that if the player decides he wants to move, that will have a greater bearing on the situation than United's reluctance to sell.

"If the player is aware of the situation and doesn't want to stay [at Old Trafford] anymore, then anything can happen," he said. "United definitely won't give up Ronaldo very easily. But it's also in the player's hands. That will make a massive impact on the situation."

Van Nistelrooy said he would welcome Ronaldo's arrival despite the pair's differences in the past. He said: "There wasn't much that happened between us in Manchester. It was all blown up a bit. There were a lot of lies said about it. He's a fantastic player. This is his best season so far at United.

"He's scoring a lot of goals and playing very well. He's still very young but physically and technically he has everything. It's a situation for Madrid and United to sort out. We have a great squad but great players are always welcome."

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

fuuuck off madrid/ruud.

I'll cry if we sell him.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Weststandred:

I remember when you said "Carling Cup > FA Cup" Mika, I was crying with laughter, then I realised you wasn't joking. icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif

The Carling Cup is fun because it's at night and night games >>>>>>>> *, it lets us see our youngsters as we know full well Fergie won't pretend to try until the QFs, and you don't get replays.

In terms of importance ofc I know that winning the FA Cup has greater significance, but still, in the context of our league challenge this season, it's just not something of importance.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

"I'd like to go round Legoland with Sean Connery. Then afterwards we'd go for a lovely lamb lunch, in the centre of Windsor"

"gotta say Roy, I dont think thats Connery's cup of tea. I think Sean would rather do something like wander round the wild fowl park in Pepperstock with a bottle of Scotch"

"I don't agree, he'd go to Legoland. Bye."

*hangs up*

just watched that and thought this place was lacking some fantastic Partridge icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

\O/

"what a funny story.... hehe... wonder who got the powerpack... hehehe... hehehehe... hehehe... hehehe... hehe... hehe... NEWS"

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Brown has actually been fit most of this season, in a bout of spectacular irony.

VDS I'd agree with, stick Big Ben in next season. Heinze seemed to be getting back to his better form when he had that run at left-back a month or so back when Paddy was injured, then got shifted centrally and has been average at best since.

It would depend on what the plans are for the youngsters next season as we still need depth.

Nev-Rio-Vidic-Evra the first choice but who covers? If Evans and Pique come back I'd let go Brown or Heinze and Silvestre. However, with Sunderland up, Evans may go back there for Premiership experience and Pique could stay in Spain so you almost have to keep the others.

Giggs is exactly what you said, old and lethargic. He doesn't want to run with the ball anymore, one touch passing is all he seems to be interested in

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Nick how long were you sat there thinking that one up icon_biggrin.gif

I actually thought the two of them were joking at first but I am not so sure now.

Just wondering why it's okay for Martin to call Keith a paedo about 15 times a game (which I personally think is totally out of order) & Nick a jobless twat all the time but the minute someone gives him some <STRIKE>intense mental abuse</STRIKE> banter back it's not right.

I could understand if I was insulting his family or something but it's just banter. I might get a sign made up for the lampost next season "NO BANTER".

Oh & it's nothing to do with him owing me money (I didn't even bring it up), if I wanted be a **** about the money I would do.

Now man up & stop being all touchy feely you bunch of ****ing pussies icon_wink.gif <-- Safety wink (I promise).

Archived