The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

Look how many years we have had the Van stories and hes still here. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

To be fair though there have never been quotes like that from Ruud, he has always insisted that he is going nowhere.

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by snipersdream:

I'm actually worried about the general mental health of the thread if/when nothing happens on Friday. A few of the hopeless optimists might just get tipped over the edge. icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't think anyone here seriously believes something will happen apart from our kit being unveiled.

Do they?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

To try and cheer up the mood:

If Carlsberg did CL Finals, they'd probably be the best in the world.

5 Times icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you know, when taking control of a team, just add Sir to your first name and you will be known as Sir *name*

I always do it. icon14.gif

oh and some signing please

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> "We had an offer for Carrick and everybody knows that.

"Hopefully he will be our player next season.

"He came back on Friday with the other internationals and it was good to see him. So Michael is still one of our players. He will be involved in pre-season.

"But as for whether we would accept £20million, I can't comment on that."

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Fergie wouldn't, would he?!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gregg Carter:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by deanb291186:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gregg Carter:

For me, IF (massive, Man City style if) we get both Carrick and Hargreaves, i'd see him as an option in Rooney's role for the games we're resting Rooney, or to bring on off the bench when Rooney is tired.

use them both as the link man forward and you'll get results.

Much like Sheringham was used as an alternative for Yorke back a few years ago. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If that were to happen, what do you think we should do with Rossi? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't know.

Some people see him as a support striker, others as a frontman. I havent seen enough of him to make a judgement., </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I see him signing for Spurs icon_cool.gif

He's a great prospect, when he played last season he seemed to have so much awareness, which is quite rare in a young player.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keyser:

Razzler > Wakeyrocket by a disturbingly large margin. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh please accept me Keyser i need your approval

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20?:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scatter:

as james said - yes.

look, there's being a poacher, and there's being a self centered glory hunter who simply doesn't give a toss about what's going on unless your about to profit from it. based on what we've seen and heard for the past two years that sums ruud up both on and off the field. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ok then icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

don't get me wrong nick, i'm not cheering at the fact he's gone. i didn't exactly want him to leave either. i just don't think he's been anywhere near the saint (or behaved justifiably to be more precise) you and a few others are painting him in all this.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

Murderers is basically the worst chant ever. Followed by the two times ones. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

wrong and wrong

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

they brought him in too icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's possibly the worst spelling of 'brought' I have ever seen icon_biggrin.gif

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

the 'he plays on the left, he plays on the right' song has been updated, with 'england' rather tham 'beckham'

icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif awesome </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sung at FC at St Helens but with 'he winks on the left, he winks on the right'.

YCSYFEUYA

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> EXCLUSIVE

By GUY PATRICK

SOCCER ace Steven Gerrard faces an FA probe over his astonishing “deathwish" outburst about Manchester United.

The Liverpool star wrote in his new book that he was taught to “loathe†arch-rivals United when he grew up on Merseyside.

He added: “During 90 minutes of football I want United to die.â€

One United fan complained to the FA about the “sick†comments and was told they were being investigated.

England hero Gerrard could now be handed a ban and a huge fine if FA bosses rule he has overstepped the mark.

Reply With Quote </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Which utterly sad twat complained, utter moron

Bayern fans? They've had enough success. The Germans invented the word schadenfreude. It sums it up perfectly.

Kuffour didn't deserve it, though the shot of him beating the ground is one of the most memorable images of that game.

It's just memorable rather than giving immense pleasure, unlike the look on Matthaus' face.

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by batch:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

Oh.dear.me </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

TBF his dancing is better than his footballing </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yes well its hard to foul someone when dancing tbh

• 1 month later...

Thing is though, Nick needs his ticket in his name for the away applications, if needs be then I'll flog Keiths ticket for Benfica on RI, try and mend some bridges icon_biggrin.gif

Oi *****, wish me luck for my job interview at 4pm icon_smile.gif

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

Fergie clearly read OTF earlier and thought he'd try and make my wish come true

wp alex </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

blatantly signed up after the transfer window closed

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by hairwad:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

i still have NO idea what you're on about. if we kept at 4-5-1 we wouldn't have been the better team and thus wouldn't have...

no, i still have NO idea what you're on about. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Or would have won 4-0. What is your point? Seriously, why is everone moaning tonight? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

wow. that would have been impressive. playing so well that we score four goals (despite not looking like doing so once beforehand) AND persuading the ref to chalk off their goal, awesome \O/

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

Maybe if he scored a 1 on 1 every now & again people would cut him some slack. Considering that was Ruud's strong point & Saha now has some kind of mental block when he gets in those situations. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Maybe if people remembered Ruud as the player of last season rather than how he was before they would as well. At this stage last season, Ruud had 13 goals (one from a champions league qualifier), and Saha has 12. And we all know the other qualities that Saha brings to the team apart from goals.

Ruud at his best was irreplaceable, but that isn't the player we sold last summer.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">And for forgetting to mention that O'Shea's 7 or 8 minutes on the pitch were arguably the WORSE SUBSTITUTE PERFORMANCE I HAVE EVER EVER SEEN IN THE HISTORY OF FOOTBALL EVER. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nah, Liam Miller was given that title and allowed to keep the trophy after his 'cameo' in the home game against Spurs a couple of seasons back (the infamous Carroll/Mendes one)

Have some bloody faith Matt </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He does have faith, just its in us losing

• 3 weeks later...

Re: The charity match:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> United manager Alex Ferguson has promised to play a full-strength side in the match. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yippee :/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

tbh Full Strength to him means Richardson and O'Shea

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

Yes, what with our SIMPLY FANTASTIC record when it comes to 2 legged knockout games icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

In response to Scatter ofc

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Anonymous User:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Young Jimlad:

Could've given some warning about the music that went with it though!

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Francis Cole:

(features awful music)

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif Jeez, didn't think I was that tired when I got in from work...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">The definitely going to be joining Manchester United, no doubt about it, cos the papers say so list

Mikel Arteta - Everton (Guardian)

Dimitar Berbatov - Spurs (Guardian, Sunday Mirror)

Jermain Defoe - Spurs (Guardian)

Owen Hargreaves - Bayern Munich (Times)

Klaas Jan Huntelaar - Ajax (Guardian)

Running Total: 5

Predicted Final Total

Irish - 170

James07? - 112

bling - 102

pjburrage 99

WSR - 95

thei 92

alilaw - 89

Nezell - 87

14AlanSmithifb 85

vanester 82

T!mbo - 80

BBB - 79

gonch19 - 78

Bagpuss 77

Pickles - 74

julesMUFC - 71

Nick OGS20 - 68

Maverick - 64

davidbowie - 63

Ryno - 62

ACou2000 - 60

Gregg Carter 59

Jimlad - 56

ericcantona7 - 55

mark g 52

player_65 - 46

SLO_Fila 43

Master Blasta - 32

EmmYouEffSee - 29

RedBlood - 26

qwerty2k - 17

Razor Eddie 16

? - 15 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

right, I think that's everyone. If you're not in, quote the above and add yourself. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

With Big Pete, if we'd have had the injuries we have in defence, He'd Man Up and been solid for us when we needed it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

er, the only defensive crisis we've had on a par with this that i remember was in the 97/98 run-in, where we imploded in the title race due to having to play John f**king Curtis. omgz Schmikes didn't win it for us on his own, we should have sacked him on the spot.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

Giggs does really need to go. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>more likely a Keane-like restructure to accomodate him *sigh*

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Blaine mate, that fcum.tv is quality. And you also have the best away shirts I've seen for aaaaaages icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah it's mint fcum.tv, better than most premiership stuff. most of it is volunteers as well.

the away shirt is cool, based on vasco da gama. we had a design compo for the home shirt this year after the membership voted for a new one at the agm.

i jointly won (with two others doing similar designs) icon_cool.gif pretty much '77 cup final sort of design. i'll put a link up when the shirt itself is made and photo made public.

in 2nd (he's stayed up this long to be pipped to the title icon_frown.gif) is mark g

cba doing a separate post for the winner. this is horrendously embarrassing. the winner is me icon_frown.gif. fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiix etc.

how anti-climactic

Archived