The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by elmonzo:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by elmonzo:

Is anyone else failing to access page 449 of the previous thread? icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Looking for the roundup ffs? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes (I think). Nick suggested that the last page be used for all previous round-ups... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We saw that it looked shocking in the Liverpool thread and thought better of it.

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rcjuk:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by foobR:

Can someone tell me why the HELL the Dutch didn't take Huntelaar? Didn't he scored like 50 goals in 50 games in the last 2 seasons?

Random question I know, cba to ask anywhere else </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

because van basten is ****ing clueless

something about him being "too young" icon_confused.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He wa top scorer in the U21 championships just before the World cup too I believe

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by No Longer Bling:

worrying times compounded by the need to stay in the top 4 or seemingly face doing a leeds. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

:*(

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HUFC:

Maybe you should sign up God? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Kahahren *twiddles with phone cord* </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I never realised you were his secretary icon_redface.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by r_wagner:

why don't we sign kevin nolan as the hardball DMC? He had a cracking season with Bolton, he's Irish, he's only 24 and he wouldn't cost us 30mill + Silvestre... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

(a) He's not a DMC.

(b) He's not Irish.

© He's a bit rubbish... ish.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gregg Carter:

Not surprised west brom are being arses.

Robson is treating Koumas with utter contempt. They're causing massive problems with the potential deal to Cardiff. They accept Cardiff have met the valuation yet are being arsey over the way they want the payments made.

Add in how they treated Earnshaw while he was there and was one of their best players.

Such a pathetic club. Robson is a ledgend and all, but as a manager he's also a nasty little pr*ck. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Earnshaw should have played more but he was not treated badly. Not being picked doesn't mean he is being treated badly.

We want £2m for Koumas with at least £1.5m up front. Cardiff have offered a max of £1m up front and for us to get all the money they have to get promoted and then stay up. So that means we probably won't get £2m.

Koumas is the player going AWOL, how are we treating him badly. We wanted him to return to training and become part of the squad again, since Cardiff were not offering us what we wanted.

If a club wants one of our players and we try to keep them then we are being arses ffs? icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Frankie:

Thoughts on Bardsley chaps...? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

See our responses when the other 2 Rangers fans asked on the last page icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I fell asleep when I seen Hargreaves' name mentioned... icon_wink.gif

I'm not sure if Bardsley will start on Saturday but he'll certainly provide much needed cover at right back. Our player there (Alan Hutton) is only 21 as well and showed some decent form when he broke into the side. However, since he returned last October he's not been as solid nor confident and as such the ever-fickle Rangers fans have got on his back.

Should provide each other with a good bit of competition for the place.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

There'll be fireworks that night!

Well, the night after really. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There is a premature bonfire arranged for after the game at the Bay Horse pub. Rumours of Maine Road fans being placed in the middle are to be confirmed.

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rcjuk:

Follow, follow, follow.......

We will stop singing that song after Tuesday? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

hopefully. It's sh*t.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Ronaldo is certainly in a decent bit of form, but I'd rather have Pennant who will mature into the better all round team player. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good god icon_biggrin.gif

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

I dont know how it is in Russia but in England no matter what club you support it always comes before your country. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not strictly true tbf Taz. a look through any of the regular 'club vs country'-themed threads on here will show a fair few who'll put england before their club </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah but who takes half of what the ***** on here say as a true representation of real people with more than one brain cell? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Taz you're wrong on this one.

There are many people who would prefer country success to club success.

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

FA Semi </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's the other obvious one I guess. Villa Park in 2002 as well would have been great. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep icon_cool.gif

I was gonna say that one.. icon_biggrin.gif but the Ruud love-in might have started all over again

nothing wrong with that though

• 4 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

slipping some Park hate in there icon_mad.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is that not a fair assessment, given that the majority of chances fell to him yesterday, and i don't think there was one that even troubled the keeper? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ronaldo had more, and better chances though, it happens. Park still played well for me. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you could argue who had the better chances, but he certainly didn't have more. And i didn't comment on his game overall, purely how he did in front of goal.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gregg Carter:

can anybody explain to me why we're continuing to play Larsson?

He's been fracking woeful for us more often than not. Goes missing for large chunks of the game and looks off the pace whenever he is involved. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

that's ludicrously harsh. we've created nothing for him for a few games now and yet his movement and workrate have remained first-rate. far more pressing concerns than him atm.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I think people are being harsh on our backline.

It consisted of LM-LB-CB-RM for 70 minutes with a reserve goalie behind them (had his best game for us I felt) who hasn't had much chance to play with them so obviously we weren't going to be rock solid.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AndyPolack:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

wouldn't expect you to understand Polack, you'd have probably been similarly distracted ogling Ronaldo's legs. the rest of us would have tried to get out of the way or block it la </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Women don't have reflexes nick. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

shouldnt be in the front rows at a football ground then should they?

• 2 weeks later...

right.. for the 3-2 goal (icon_cool.gif), who's the SHEEP chanting "Rooney" on 35 seconds icon_biggrin.gif

confirms SBA's theories tbh </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sounds like someone violating a sheep. Carter didn't have a ticket did he?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by No Longer Bling:

wont be watching if we dont get there, milan are simply not good enought to beat liverpool in a straight knock out and if it goes to penalties the same result as tonight will occur.

WE HAVE TO WIN TOMORROW FOR THE GOOD OF FOOTBALL. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Whose side are you on man? icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by theis:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ericcantona7:

Pop quiz. Last united player to score an FA cup hat trick? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Scholes? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just done a quick search and as far as I can see nothing since 1990. So no doubt its some match that only Mark and Razor Eddie have seen. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It was during a campaign where we went on to lift the trophy, if that helps.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RSB:

Anyone care to offer odds on Uncle Malc having another stroke once he hears what Gill's been doing with his money (or lack thereof)? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icing on the cake icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

oh god yeah

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rosslarkin:

Only thing that worries me is that Fergie seems content with the defence. As the back end of the season showed, without Rio, Vids we looked pretty vulnerable and with Gaby leaving it's one less person who can comfortably play in the middle </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't think we should worry about the defence. We were really unlucky to lose so many first choice defenders at the same time. Thats all.

If one of Vida and Rio is injured Brown does a good enough job coming in. Can't see both defenders being out at the same time again next season mind.

Is it me, or does it feel we’re mugs in the transfer market?

If rumours are true, both Madrid and Barca want Gabby. So, we’ve said to both ‘We’ll accept 5 million and he can decide’. Surely it’d be better to stick him on the football equivalent of ebay, see which of the two blinks 1st and run away with pots of cash.

Archived