The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

Mascherano? yes, would love him, but Ferguson seems to not paid any attention to him, and Inter have basically sneaked under the radar and are close to signing him. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

heh. so fergie's lying in those quotes about having scouted him a few times then?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">haha the kit is getting unveiled on July 14th....... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That Press Conference is going to be true icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20?:

Aye. It's like being a Liverpool fan in the 90's :*(

Ask someone about it if that goes over your head. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SirZ:

Zamrotta is the only player you guys should look at from Juve. Just sign him and play him in midfield, he would be fb anywhere on the park tbh. Plus Juve can have him back a season later icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

will he want to play in serie b though?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

You want the Glazers to die in a terrorist attack, you are joking?!

You want something that causes pain icon14.gif

rat poison or something. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They should be stripped down to their underwear and shot!!

Watched Munich last night - gave me the idea/fantasy icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by wakeyrocket:

but he showed in his performances of late that he wasnt fully commited to the cause, Liverpool stands out. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You mean the cup game? Uh, the fact the entire team was utterly spineless and Fergie's tactics a typical shambles might have had more to do with how that game played out.

There’s still that sense of treading water isn’t there...

We know he’s going to go at some stage fairly soon, and the betting is that it’ll lead to a short term dip...so, when’s the best time to take the hit?

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Young Jimlad:

I'm not by a TV, is that official news coming out from one of the clubs? If not whats the source? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bild newspaper

Okay skip it, after reading it again (and again, and again…) I can't really disagree with Mark's counter-argument, and that’s because I don't disagree with it. Big let down I know. I know you all wanted to spend the next 45 minutes reading a lot of prose icon_wink.gif.

Looking back over my post I don't deny there are omissions but then again I'm not claiming that its a full assessment, I was mainly trying to counter the anti-squad player back and forth that has a habit of consuming us when it shouldn't actually concern us as much as it should as far as the players we actually have in the squad at present goes.

I'm not denying certain minor balance or productivity issues, or that certain areas of the squad have been left unattended for so long, I guess I’m just feeling a bit more positive than Mark.

And I’d like to echo the deliverance sentiment here.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">The most important part of what Mark posted about half past 12:

But all those things seem like leaving things to chance, rather than addressing things which were shown to be weaknesses last summer. So while we criticise the makeup of the squad, we don't say things can't be good this season. We say we should be solving the problems of last year, rather than hoping they'll solve themselves. And we won't celebrate and praise any less if they do, we just need to see it happen rather than be told it will, as has happened the last few years. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Our User of the Year gents, at some of his articulate best. icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DeafParrot:

Evra's an average left back. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Probably fair. Rather him than either of your three.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Silvestre's a TERRIBLE left back. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nah, he's not bad there. Certainly compared to at centreback.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Heinze's never on the pitch for long enough so we can see whether he's good or bad. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No need to resort to just speaking nonsensical b0llocks Dominic. Class until his injury, no-one with any sense would query that.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I can pick holes in your argument too. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

wp icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">And btw, Clichy's shown hardly anything of the sort. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He's shown bags of potential, to the point where if he was fit, I don't think Arsenal fans would be that bothered at all about losing Cole.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">And average left backs (which Riise and Aurelio aren't) don't have CL medals icon_cool.gif Well, he had a CL medal icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Erm, Traore? Greening, David May, etc etc

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by benkeat:

tbf, you're all lunatics. noone knows the full situation behind all this.

i'd bet these MSI fellas offered united machareno but the terms were just completely ridiculous. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

whs basically. The full story is not and probably wont be known for some time. Funny to see the spazzing out though.

Veron icon_mad.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

Much has been written about the deal that took striker Tevez and midfielder Mascherano to West Ham as several other clubs were rumoured to be interested in them.

Media Sports Investments owned the rights to the players when they played for Brazilian side Corinthians and MSI have been linked to a takeover of West Ham.

On Friday the club revealed they were having "exploratory discussions" over a possible takeover.

But Pardew added: "A lot of the press has been negative, people don't like change.

"But the transfer system is changing rapidly. Transfers across the board and the role of agencies in terms of buying players is changing.

"But some of the things printed about this one, like shady dealing - there is just no truth in it, as far as I'm concerned.

"These two guys are on the world stage and they have come to us in a manner that is undisclosed.

"But I can't worry about that, I'm the team manager. I've put the terms of the deal to the back of my mind."

Pardew says he expects Tevez and Mascherano to help West Ham compete with the Premiership's big guns during the time they are at the club.

"I just want to work with them," said Pardew.

"They have signed four-year contracts, people have forgotten that already, and I can assure you they will not be leaving in the next transfer window.

"We want to challenge the biggest clubs in our division and this deal is going to help us do that.

"But I will never be forced to play either of them - as has also been suggested. If that was the case I wouldn't be here anymore."

Mascherano said he had wanted to join West Ham because they had showed so much interest in signing him.

"We were both very happy to receive the offer from West Ham," he revealed.

"The fact that they made us a firm offer was encouraging and you always go to the place where you are most wanted.

"I didn't think it would be a controversial move. We had other offers in the pipeline but nothing ever came of them.

"The Premiership is an important league to play in, especially for us - coming from South America.

"But we haven't come to save anyone. We are both team players and we come into a big team with great spirit and will work hard for the team."

Tevez added: "We both wanted to play in the Premiership, which is one of the biggest leagues in the world, and that is why we are at West Ham.

"Other clubs being interested is a different story, we don't want to talk about that at the moment. They showed a lot of interest in us and that's why we are here."

Mascherano had previously revealed he would have been reluctant to join Manchester United after speaking to former Red Devils player Juan Sebastian Veron.

United said on Sunday they had rejected the chance to sign him and Tevez.

Mascherano said: "I have spoken with Veron and he told me United manager Sir Alex Ferguson does not have much belief in Argentine players, so I was reluctant.

"I know Argentina defender Gabriel Heinze is there but Veron has some different stories."

Tevez and Mascherano were linked with some of the biggest clubs in Europe over the summer before eventually moving to West Ham.

Hammers fans had an early chance to see them perform on English soil when they played in Argentina's 3-0 defeat by Brazil at Arsenal's Emirates Stadium on Sunday. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Frankie:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

Nick said it all kicked off tonight, Celtic fan right behind him got a smack after the opening goal, they were everywhere it seems. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

A bit silly sitting in beside the home support. I think many of us have done it but it's certainly asking for trouble. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Few of them got hit in the stretty, rightly so as well, morons

• 2 weeks later...

Another triumph for the ticket office…

They just sent me an email informing me that as an OU member unsuccessful in the ballot for the Newcastle match I can now purchase one of the few that have somehow become available. And get this the majority are placed in the new NE and NW quadrants at the very reasonable price of £50.

Then they tell me that if I have already purchased a ticket please ignore this email.

Now I want to know how the hell they can operate on the scale they do without having a system that recognizes that I and I don't know how many other people actually were successful in the ballot and have a ticket and therefore were unnecessarily sent this email?

It makes no sense to just send out what I can only assume to be a blanket email to every OU member.

Surely they can find some A-Level I.T. student to put together a rudimentary database that affords them the possibility of filtering those members who did get tickets from those who didn’t?

Its just stupid is what it is.

[/RANT]

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bagpuss:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

OH MY GOD!

BLACKBURN TICKETS

*dances* </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes but 3 tickets??

I told you nick goes no where til he gets a damn job </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

shotgun?

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

We'll probably swap Wes for Hargreaves, Gary Neville will get injured and we'll end up playing Hargreaves at right back icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And then all the Harg hate will come back icon_biggrin.gif

• 1 month later...

nah it's late and I've already annoyed my housemate with Saturday antics. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

CRIPPLEFIIIIIIIIIIGHT!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

seriously baffled as to why anyone would pay £50+ for shirts from the megawhore. i've got:

06/07 short-sleeved home + Solskjaer 20

06/07 short-sleeved away + Scholes 18 (european numbering)

06/07 long-sleeved home + Giggs 11 (european numbering)

off ebay for a combined total of less than one megawhore one icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

But are they all real? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

doubt it, couldn't really care less - they're really good quality and look the real deal. they're either excellent fakes or off the back of a lorry. either way, no money going into the gimps' pockets icon_cool.gif

want a long-sleeve away one now, ebay seem to have clamped down on the shirt sellers though icon_frown.gif

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Lille protest rejected

Friday, 23 February 2007

The UEFA Control and Disciplinary Body has rejected a protest lodged by LOSC Lille Métropole following Tuesday's UEFA Champions League first knockout round first-leg match against Manchester United FC in France.

Lille request

Lille had lodged a protest questioning the validity of the goal scored by Ryan Giggs in the 83rd minute of the game in Lens. The French club claimed there had been a technical mistake made by the referee when he allowed the match-winning free-kick to be taken without having blown his whistle beforehand, and were asking for the game to be replayed.

No proof

Having examined the official referee's report, the television evidence at hand as well as the Laws of the Game, the UEFA Control and Disciplinary Body decided to reject the protest, as there was no proof of a technical error. As a result, the body declared that the goal was perfectly valid. Furthermore, the Control and Disciplinary Body decided to instigate proceedings against Lille for the improper behaviour of their players immediately after the goal.

Appeal deadline

Lille may appeal against the decision to veto the protest by midnight on Monday 26 February. The other incidents which occurred at the match will be discussed at a separate meeting of the Control and Disciplinary Body scheduled for 22 March. UEFA announced on Wednesday that it was investigating possible violations of binding safety and security instructions by the host club, as well as the alleged improper conduct of both sets of supporters.

©uefa.com 1998-2007. All rights reserved. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Official statement. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

\o/\o/\o/

gtf Lille you scummy bastards

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gregg Carter:

massive queue in the TO, some guy asked for tickets

"Where would you like to sit"

"erm south stand please"

why? seriously icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Because he overheard where you were sitting? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If that were the reason he'd have asked for a seat in the Emirates </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No he would have asked for seats at the Kop.

icon_cool.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rcjuk:

you're always so nasty to me icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's for your own good icon_biggrin.gif

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Young Jimlad:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

usefulness declined? 11 goals suggests otherwise old-timer icon_mad.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, all those goals in the last minute against already beaten opposition have made the difference this year icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey goal difference could still be the deciding factor in the title race so don't knock it.

Btw I'm with you on the Ole "up-front or not at all" side of things. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I only do it because it gets the rise out of Nick. But as you can see, he decided to retaliate with a low blow icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

yeah that was worthy of all the applause you could possibly give

still so happy for Fletch's heroic performance :*) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Agreed icon_cool.gif

I was really happy last night I had a top group of fans around me so it added to the enjoyment. Only guy that left early was the bloke right in front of me. Arrived 5 minutes in and left just after Paddy his the last one. So much pride in witnessing what had just happened couldn't do anything other than a standing ovation.

Just reading through the post match stuff in here and the reactions has brightened my mood after work sapped my enthusiasm away icon14.gif

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

Right up with your 'HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA' posts for insight there dave, wp. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

insight? takes a psychoanalyst to see you twisted and bitter and lashing onto your hatred of another team as your only solace in the world.

our 3rd european cup final since 99, is it not? oh well, you're a pretty good domestic side. can always rest your hat on that. :*)

or, in words you can more easily understand: **** **** **** cheating **** scousers icon_mad.gif **** omg **** **** bbb I hate fergie **** barbra streisand ****

• 3 weeks later...

tbh I think I'd take Anelka, certainly if Fergie were to decide he's good enough then I wouldn't doubt him.

I remember when he arrived on the scene at Arsenal and he was just so ****ing good, I thought he'd win them the league in '99 icon_biggrin.gif with him Kanu and Bergkamp they just looked so good. It's a good job he had problems and never realised his full potential because if he and Henry had got together we'd have been in trouble. If there's a chance of him being the player he could've been with us then I'd take that risk, even if he isn't that good he's still a very capable player.

Archived