The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ronaldo might have dived a few times like a lot in the tournament but he has had a good tournament and was Portugals best player against France.

Podolski was also deserving of the Award though even if i dont agree with the behaviour stuff having a big impact on the winner.

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't say they like me. I know for a fact most of them don't like me. I said back me. because I'm simply a superior user. you're one step above a tim2 but too thick to realize it.

I don't mind though, slapping you around is decent practice for when I slap argel around which is good practice for users that actually matter.

Sad but true icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JulesMUFC:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">hes a good player but seems a strange signing as hes not exactly an out and out ball winner. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I always thought he was? Ive only seen him place a few games for Villareal but he seems like a big man in the middle and he also has an awesome set piece iirc. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

However if he tells Ronaldo to shove his set-pieces up his Portuguese proverbial, I'll get right behind his signing.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> UNITED CLOSE IN ON KEEPER KUSZCZAK

Posted 08/08/06 21:06

EmailPrintSave

Manchester United are on the brink of completing the signing of goalkeeper Tomasz Kuszczak from West Brom.

United boss Sir Alex Ferguson has already had two bids for the Polish international turned down this summer, mainly due to his refusal to allow promising striker Giuseppe Rossi to join the Baggies on loan.

West Brom boss Bryan Robson admitted yesterday there was no chance of getting Rossi as Ferguson wants the teenager to remain at Old Trafford now Ruud van Nistelrooy has departed for Real Madrid.

However, in leaving Kuszczak out of West Brom's trip to Cardiff tonight completely, it seemed obvious a deal was on the cards and it is understood a 'complicated' transfer will be concluded within the next 48 hours.

The deal should trigger the departure of Ben Foster, who started the friendly with Oxford, to Watford for a second season on loan.

It is also anticipated a current member of the United squad - but not Rossi - will move to The Hawthorns as part of the deal. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Young Jimlad:

Right give me a minute, this'll be easier in word... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cheat icon_mad.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

Ole is on the left wing? icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is he? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't know, I was asking. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh right. I'm only listening on the radio, so i'm not sure either, but it sounds like he's up front. When i said 'swap', i meant as in going off for the one coming on, not that it would be straight swap, position for position.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Asmodeus:

Perhaps dropping Carrick for O'Shea was his preparation; with O'Shea supposedley giving you more bite in midfield. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Further re-enforces the need to give him a slap/shoot him.

Sad thing is I've no doubt that was Fergie's logic, and yet I don't remember the useless ****** making a single tackle. Carrick made more tackles in the time he was on the park than O'Shea will all season.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

haha even when richardson scores you people moan icon_biggrin.gif

MotM:

1) Carrick

2) Van der Sar

when carrick went off we looked far less cohesive as a unit, he linked play so well and played some intelligent passes. i think european football suits his game really well. icon14.gif

honourable mentions to

-scholes (well taken goal, good performance)

-vidic (double slide tackle early on was so icon_cool.gif)

-evra (every inch a united player imo. fast becoming one of my favourites)

van der sar is such a top keeper, it could easily have been 2-2 at one point were it not for a very good save and a great interception.

hmm what else? oh yeh, o'shea's stepover icon_biggrin.gif from nutmegging figo to that, what a clown, and then the goal off his standing leg icon_biggrin.gif such a chump.

so looking forward to copenhagen away, their fans seem awesome icon14.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I hate what I call the Razzler smiley: icon_razz.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ooooh, nice. Yeah down with that one.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by snipersdream:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scatter:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by snipersdream:

particularly as several of us expected we'd barely scrape into the UEFA Cup spot this year. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

speak for yourself.

a lot of people in this thread have long stated there isn't too much wrong with the first xi, it's the depth of the squad that is the problem. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You might want to skip back the thread to about the time the transfer window closed then. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm not happy at all, being realistic unfortunately has its drawbacks icon_frown.gif

So, so obvious, Fergie has done so much right recently, putting this quality squad together, moulding the team and hell even the team selections have been good, but our tactics away from home, or even at home to Benfica are just utterly inept and have been proven to be so plenty of times.

It's no coincidence that we started to be rubbish away in Europe once we started going 4-5-1.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

I'm not saying he's awful, he does lots of things well, it's just he's nowhere near worthy of the level of praise he gets from some quarters. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

agreed, but i think that has a lot to do with the fact he's nowhere near worthy of the level of stick he gets from other quarters and as such people go over the top in praising him to compensate. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I just don't see that level of stick. I see people saying he wasn't great or he had a poor game, but i've never seen him get dogs abuse in here, unlike some players.

And as i'm writing that, i'm wondering if i should have chosen a different phrase icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He gets loads of unwarranted over-the-top abuse. Fact.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

apologies mika

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

must spend less time at work working and more time proof reading posts </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I honestly know nothing about that railway line next to OT. Is it really busy? Never seen any trains go down it on non-matchdays when I have been around the ground. I just assumed it would get matchday trains & maybe a few industrial trains.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> MANCHESTER United star Darren Fletcher escaped unhurt after crashing in his £63,000 car just months after passing his driving test.

The Scottish international was driving his black Range Rover Sport HST Sport, near the club's Carrington training complex when it was in collision with another car.

An ambulance was called for the 27-year-old driver of the other vehicle, a red Audi A3 Quattro.

He suffered minor injuries to his ribs and was taken to Trafford General Hospital and released after treatment. Police are expected to speak with both drivers.

The crash happened on Sinderland Lane, Dunham Massey, yesterday morning, near to the junction with Brookheys Road.

The road is a winding country lane just across fields from Manchester United's training centre.

Minor damage

A spokesman for Greater Manchester Police confirmed that an officer had attended the scene but that no further action was being taken by police. Fletcher's car suffered minor damage.

He said: "My understanding is it is a matter that will be sorted out by the parties involved."

Fletcher passed his driving test earlier this year. Around the same time he found out he was going to be the father of twins with girlfriend Hayley Grice.

The accident happened at 9.20am yesterday. Fletcher was driving in the direction of Partington, towards the training centre, and the Audi was going towards Altrincham.

Midfielder Fletcher, 23, is currently out of the United team due to an ankle injury.

A spokesman for the club confirmed the accident but had no further comment. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Would you agree though that the main reason you're in this position in the league to begin with is that up until recently you've been blessed with fairly few injuries - especially to the likes of Ronaldo, Scholes, Rooney, Ferdinand i.e. your best players.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

sorting out a non united fan? never going to happen </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well I'd rather you win the Treble than Chelsea, tbh. If that's not enough, I've also got 'Come On You Reds' on cassette ffs icon_frown.gificon_biggrin.gif

• 1 month later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RSB:

Anyone care to offer odds on Uncle Malc having another stroke once he hears what Gill's been doing with his money (or lack thereof)? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icing on the cake icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

a) he's an injury prone scouse midget ****

b) i couldn't give a flying f**k about him and Rooney building an understanding

c) he's lost most of the only attribute that made him stand out

d) gonch is right, he's not fit to lick Ruud's horseshoes

i could probably go right though to Z if you like </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well it's not like you've got anything better to do this afternoon icon14.gif

Archived