The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by deanb291186:

Wheres the source? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

pantry

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20?:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Blaine:

bolton </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

interestingly it says he's only got 150 on his bio page on the club website. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Stretfordend says he has 149 (not including the Community Shield goal) so I think it must have been West Ham. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wait, no, Bolton was after West Ham icon_biggrin.gif

Memory fading icon_frown.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Many people forgetting that VDS isn't going to last forever. Remember how long it took Fergie to find someone suitable last time, IMO he's maximising his chances of having two players that might challenge Edwin next season (when he'll be, what? 37, 28?.) Foster and Kuszczak will both improve as much as they can this season - even if the former only does it by working with the coaching staff.

Foster and Kuszczak 1 and 2 in a couple of season? Maybe not, but at least you might not have to buy another keeper next season.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">- those who have always rated him </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've been in that camp since his debut in the CL for Bayern. Since then I have always defended him against the 'bashers' and wouldn't mind seeing him in the red of United. I think he can do the job for us in the centre of the park that we require, his positional sense is great, and can disrupt opposition attacks. If he plays alongside Carrick or Scholes he will not have to make killer passes. Plus he seems to keep running for 90 (or 120) minutes.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by John Van Lampard:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">And no matter how much people hate Liverpool, they have improved their squad from last season, it's pretty undeniable. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah i was just having a rant thats all, So are you guys resigning yourselfs to look for a disapointing place next season? Who cares if liverpool have bought players? We need a striker and one more mid but we had a rubbish replacements for our injury hit squad last season and we finished second now we got a little bit more back i reckon we wont finish under third. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Depends what is disappointing, 5 years ago 2nd would have been disappointing, now with the current climate, it's about the best we can do for now. I'm not saying we won't get second, but fourth isn't totally out of the question or as ridiculous as you imply, for me anyway. For what it's worth I do expect better than fourth, but we'll see.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by beffrey:

Tevez and Rooney would surely make the ugliest striking partnership ever. icon_cool.gificon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Liverpool's front 4 would beg to differ?

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by snipersdream:

...Actually, I can't believe we're getting into this again. FFS. Why don't we all discuss whether it was a mistake to sell Beckham... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Selling Stam was worse.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just applied for Chelsea.

Because thats a high profile one and my chances of getting a ticket in the ballot aren't as good I was looking at the other fixtures trying to work out which ones I'd have more chance for and at the minute I'm not hopeful of being at OT more than once or twice by the end of January. icon_frown.gif

Everton:

Will apply for but will more than likely be a busy ballot.

Benfica:

Will apply & given the number of tickets available on Euro nights so far I'm hopeful.

Man City:

See Everton.

Wigan & Reading:

Unless my employment situation changes for the better those two are non-starters because of the dates involved i.e. I will be working.

Aston Villa:

Before Martin O'Neill came along I'd have said a likely one but unless their form takes a major dip heightened interest is likely for this one.

Watford:

Applying for and hopeful of getting a ticket cos y'know, its Watford, and plenty will consider it a "missable" game if they're the fickle sort.

So I'm banking a bit on our Euro ticket trend continuing the fact that Watford aren't the most attractive draw on seeing United in the next 3 months - not great really.

Obviously I could be wrong & I'll get lucky with one or two of Chelsea / Everton / Citeh / Villa but I'm not getting my hopes up of getting lucky in the initial ballot for any of them. I'd guess I'm more likely to be waiting for if/when tickets get returned.

Note to self save and apply for ST...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">oh and because he's a flash twat that thinks he's made it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think playing for United and England would make me feel like "I've made it" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you have a load of appearances then maybe, he's done NOTHING in a United shirt. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Coming on in the 90th minute as a goalie prepares to take a goal kick, only for the ref to blow the whistle as soon as the kick is taken will make me feel like "I've made it" tbh

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

It's working here fella icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm on footballon - they don't even seem to have the match icon_confused.gif

Roooooooooooooooooooneeeeeeeeeehhhhhh \o/

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

Carrick's shooting really isnt that bad (as some have alluded to).. its just he rarely gets a chance with the way we're set up. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It is that bad. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, it isn't. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'll bet you a pint(Not that we will ever meet but still) that Gary Neville scores before Carrick.

There is a reason his scoring record is so awful and thats because he cant shoot to save his life. The times he does get in a good position you will see he usually makes a hash of the shot.

Giggs officially has a calf injury, but the story going around is that he's actually fallen out with Fergie.

Wouldn't that be just typical, if Fergie is his best mate while he was ****, and falls out with him now he's come into some sort of form.

• 1 month later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

Who is on beer duty this weekend?

I’m bringing cheesecake (hopefully). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

haha icon_biggrin.gif, we should start bringing buffet food, no saha not buffy.

Keith is, Fosters it is

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Weststandred:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Fulham v Manchester United, Saturday 24 February, kick off 12:45pm.

We will receive an allocation of approximately 3800 tickets priced £45 adults, £30 over 65’s and under 21’s and £20 under 17’s.

Executive members can now apply for tickets by telephoning the ticket order line during a designated period of time, for the Fulham game this is 9am to 5pm from Monday 15 January through Friday 19 January, for the time being we will continue to accept postal applications, the same deadline applies, late applications will not be accepted under any circumstancesand it is important to apply by one method of application only.

Additionally Season Ticket holders who purchased a seat for the following 4 home cup games: Celtic, Copenhagen, Benfica and Aston Villa, are invited to register an application for this game by calling the 24 hour Ticket Order Line on 0870 442 1999 from 9am on Monday 22 January through to 5pm on Tuesday 23 January. Please note that this is a 24 hour service and tickets are not allocated on a first come first served basis.

All payments must be made by credit/debit card, however please note if successful an administration fee of 3% per transaction is charged for this service.

COACH TRAVEL TO CRAVEN COTTAGE

Executive Coach £27

Depart Car Park N2 6:00am

Est. return to Old Trafford 7:00pm

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

3800 - decent allocation

adults £45 - rip off (as per usual)

U17s £20 - pretty cheap, not sure if i'm applying though. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Anyone wants to sit in the home stand at Fulham then let me know, I could well pick up a couple of tickets... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

OI OI !

I'll take that. Still going to lose tomorrow mind.

Sat next to a fabulous scouser in the pub, was jizzing himself everytime they had a shot, even when Gerrard mishit that freekick that went a yards wide he leapt up and shouted "YASSSSSS GET IN!!!!", even the other scousers thought he was a *****. Also got to see the lone Chelsea fan get a pint glass thrown at him, which whilst quite stupid, was also entertaining.

Do we have anyone out for tomorrows game?

• 4 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

see ali icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If it weren't for Ali then I wouldn't have even got into it, you started it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wait I didn't mean that icon_biggrin.gif

If it were just Ali then I wouldn't have got involved, it was your comment that was stupid.

There, fixed.

if he'd knuckled down and shown the right attitude post drop there wouldnt have been a problem between him and fergie and he'd probably still be here today.

the amount he's bitched and whined in papers since leaving pretty much an insight into just how insufferable he must have been post carling cup final, so he has himself to blame if true that he really didnt want to leave.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd have played the same team in all 50-60 games that year.

No substitutions in any of them either. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif

There's digging in your heels and then there's ACou.

apparently Boro want to give us an allocation of 5k for the cup game, the c**ting FLA and police want us to get just 1k. that's from someone on Red News, wouldn't surprise me.

also apparently Liverpool contacted the guys who own the banners on tier 2 asking if they'd like to put them up in the away end at Anfield on saturday icon_biggrin.gif

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by No Longer Bling:

not seen rossi touch it yet, richardson has been easily englands worst player. done literally nothing right yet, quite inspiring. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

fb

such a shocking waste of space

how does he get picked for these teams? SERIOUSLY?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tanman007:

Well done SLO_Fila, you've just confused yourself over 3 different races of people that come from three different regions of the world and have very small degrees of similarity with each other. Wp.

The game was fb , yelled out f*** yeah when Carrick scored and woke up my dad. But what a comeback, was bricking it thinking we've stuffed it but the response was excellent. Shame Chelsea nicked another last minute win. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Whatever.

The simple fact is that for me everybody is human and i don't give a rats arse from where they are coming from and i don't judge by that. Apparently you guys think different because everyone is so touchy if i call someone, in joke, something they are not.

And you act all righteous and **** but then you guys sing Park, in your country you eat dogs.

For the love of god, come up with a ****ing better song because in no way will i associate to that.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

My ‘Nooooooooooooooooooooo!!’ as Giggs seemingly played a rubbish ball to Rooney turned into a ‘Yeeeeeeeeessssssssss!!’ as the boy wonder produced his miracle feels funny in retrospect. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mine started off more "CUUUU . . . ", and then slowly turned into an "Aaarrrrghghgh-YAAAAS !"

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keyser:

Me too, Cronaldo is f**king disgusting I hope he joins Beckham and soon. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keyser:

f**k off. no need to run to the ref like that. he's a slimey greasy diving crybaby c**t </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Club didn't enter his mind. I turned against him initially, on the train home, changed my mind. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

don't care, he's leaving and RvN is staying \o/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

any idiot can overhit a cross or hit a corner that fails to make it past the first man. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, sell him for £20 mill plus and get someone who isn't a greasy crying diver in? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

blah blah blah.

Not interested. As far as i'm concerned Ronaldo is a cretin.

I am sick and tired of this "defend all United players no matter what" lunacy. Not the refs fault, Rooneys fault for raising his hands. No need whatsoever for Ronaldo to cross the pitch to remonstrate, the rest of the team didn't feel the need to.

he's a c**t end of story. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

hero? brave choice of words, that. he's a greasy nonce. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JulesMUFC:

hero? brave choice of words, that. he's a greasy nonce. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

haha yeh, but he is our greasy nonce rich :*). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

not for much longer. hopefully. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

BBB is fffffffb icon_mad.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Disgusting, kick him out of the thread imo

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived