The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

I wasnt aware we were even 'in' for Torres. Not with an actual firm bid anyway. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Who knows? We don't know about any of them until they actually sign. Doesn't mean we can't speculate.

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JulesMUFC:

Mart basically having it on his favourites reading it every night in a hope. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Similar to me watching this everyday \o/

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

Rather he'd go there than Liverpool or Spurs though.

\o/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

what is going on there icon_biggrin.gif

This thread's just reminded me of Steve Coogan's character on the Day Today show "The Pool:"

"On the 21st of July- no-one signed.

On the 22nd of July- no-one signed.

On the 23rd of July- no-one signed.

On the 24th of July- no-one signed.

On the 25th of July- no-one signed.

On the 26th of July- no-one signed.

On the 29th of July- someone signed...?"

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sean Paul:

Carrick a poor mans Alonso. Well done. icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Scousers are poor.

• 2 weeks later...

O'Shea is an abortion. Should have been shot at birth. ****ing ******** ****ing twat.

Ronaldo was quiet today & I feel that when he is having one of those days he needs encouragement rather than having Rio give him crap for taking two perfect corners. All someone had to do was throw a head at it rather than stand doing nothing. But instead you get Rio giving him a load of abuse for taking a perfectly good corner that someone should have made an attempt at heading.

Sticking Fletcer on the right wing against Arsenal just isn't wise. He did okay though.

Everyone bar Scholes I thought was average. Scholes yet again proving his class by rarely misplacing the ball. Rooney was poor again today, don't know what's up with him.

The wall of noise for the Arsenal penalty was immense though. Thought the keeper could have done better on the goal though.

But yeah all in all a crap game, crap performance & John O'shea constantly hitting cross field balls to the linesman icon_mad.gif

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

Never really stood out in any games against Chelsea, Liverpool...

Not scored in the CL in aaaaaaaages.

I'm just playing devil's advocate here btw. Although I feel it's going to land me with something of a reputation... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just had a quick look back over his record since he joined us. Taking competitive england games, champions league proper (excluding qualifiers, and all games against the 'big 3' of Chelsea, Liverpool and Arsenal, this is his goalscoring record. 0 in 12 for England, 3 in 10 (all on debut) in CL, and 3 in 15 against the big 3.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

you muppets still banging on about the numbers theory when the two main flaws in the argument are king and queen of this very thread? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Plus there's you as well.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">That's a bloody brilliant result, that is. Difficult conditions, a bogey ground and team, missed chances in the first half that could have got to the players. Not as 'sparkling' a performance as the last two league games, but these are the sort of results that (whispers) win you championships... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Exactly my thoughts, word for word. They might not admit it but I'd bet there were really high expectations among Chelsea fans of us dropping points today, especially at half-time.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

He's finished at OT for me. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

agreed, but tbf from what ive seen and read hes been playin quite well for Everton.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

And what in earth is that O'Shea celebration icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah wtf?? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

• 2 weeks later...

fo porto fo porto fo porto fo porto fo porto fo porto fo porto fo porto fo porto fo porto fo porto fo porto fo porto fo porto fo porto fo porto fo porto fo porto fo porto fo porto fo porto fo porto fo porto fo porto fo porto fo porto fo porto fo porto fo porto

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Razor Eddie:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

Look, I'm the cheapskate one, Ali lives in London, ergo has money.

You coming tomorrow Beardy? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, mate. No ticket. But I can live with that.

Sorry that I'll miss Ali, though. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sick bastard

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

i really dont mind about the fa cup. at the same time though, i think cl quarter finals is as far as we'll go....probably.

still buzzing about o'shea icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So the bring O'Shea on off the bench tactic has finally worked icon_biggrin.gif

Do you realize what this means? Fergie now feels justified bringing him on every game icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Young Jimlad:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bagpuss:

We better not get to the FA Cup final as i am running a Marathon in Derbyshire that day icon_frown.gif

Also running another marathon the day after too icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know you're in training but how is that not dangerous for your body? Surely running so much in a short space of time can't be positive for your condition in the long-term? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

it'll be a challenge thats for sure but i'm not looking to do either of them fast

i'd be happy to complete them both with out fecking myself up

it would be useful experience for if i wanted to do any thing longer than a marathon

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived