The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi guys I am feeling more despair now than when we went out of Champions league. it looks like Ronaldo and RVN are probably leaving - our rivals are signing players like Rosicky, Shevchenko and Ballack and what are we doing? Trying to spend 14 mill or so on Carrack?

Why not Gattuso? Why not Buffon? All we have done is of load Howard on loan whilst the other big clubs are rubbing their hands in glee at their new signings.

Can anyone give me reason to have hope?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20?:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20?:

If the season were to start tomorrow, I'd say the best we could hope for is 4th place, a run in one of the domestic cups and scrambling through a few rounds of the CL á la the bindippers/arse. I just don't see this current squad (even with no injuries all season) having enough to finish ahead of Chelsea (ofc), Liverpool or even Arsenal. Quite frankly I'd be a bit worried about Spurs as well. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Agreed. I thought you saw nothing to worry about in Arsenal? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That was back when I misguidedly believed we'd significantly strengthen this summer. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah well if the situation is the same come first game of the season i'll quit and support Leicester City.

Pique definitely needs to go out on loan. Evans being touted as going out too is a little bit of a surprise, but shows just how highly-rated he is at the club I think, and he strikes me as the type of player who'd really seize the opportunity - he's got a hell of an old head on very young shouders, as anyone who saw the game on Saturday will have noticed. An 18 year old stepping in and leading the back four, telling the likes of Wes Brown when to push up, great to see.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

Who'll take our penalties when Ruud goes?

Ronaldo? Or is that too much pressure to heap on him? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The lad wanted to take Portugals 5th pen. Stepped up earlier in the competition and netted with ease. Its no pressure at all.

Its between him and Scholes for me as our next penalty taker.

Have we all been taken for mugs? Renewing/getting season tickets and thinking that we would plunge into the transfer market. It's looking like Carrick/Torres aren't coming, nothing has happened in the wake of the Italy scandal, Fergie now wanting to keep Ruud (wonder why), saying Ole/Scholes/Gaby are like "new signings" yet still having a tiny faint hope that we will sign someone, meanwhile Chelsea/Arsenal/Liverpool/Spurs are boosting their squads. I reallllllllly think we will struggle next season.

Matt, can I join your club?

Mika, can I join your club mate?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

So...

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

VDS

Nev Rio Wes Gabby

Carrick

Tevez Rooney Rossi Scholes

Saha

</pre>

Tevez, Rooney, Rossi and Scholesy all to have a free role. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'd take that if Carrick was replaced with Someone else, the scoring possibilities there would set EPL on fire.

Rooney had to rip his shirt in first game, imagine Tevez wi his fat neck

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Fergie on new signing

Sunday, August 13, 2006

"We are trying very hard to get another midfield player in."

"But, at the end of the day, I have a terrific squad of players with great ability.

"The boys have to accept the challenge. We are ready and hopefully they can do the business." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

At least he's looking at the right area.

• 3 weeks later...

Nothing will happen on Saturday, the majority don't care and will still sing "Every single one of us" he's sold out big time, he could have stood down when he was "opposed" to the takeover and gone down as a hero, instead he stayed and is killing his legacy/

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rcjuk:

This came today icon_cool.gif

http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/PROD/3-/1021141/-/Product.html?add=1021141 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

need to order that at some point \O/

last night - awful first half, credit to the defence for just about coping with the bizarre tactical setup of our front six and subsequent failure to maintain any level of possession. Ronnie the only saving grace, was inevitable he'd play a part in any goal we got, cracking finish from Louis even with the deflection. pretty comfortable after that really. great to get over the the away game CL hoodoo, now for Wayne to score against Copenhagen to get rid of the other monkey on our backs plz.

mom - Ronaldo

2nd - Gabi - huge improvement from Saturday, great to have the real Heinze back

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

I dont see us Splashing out to buy an Andy Cole, Rooney or Ferdinand. Making 2 or 3 big signings in a summer. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We'll probably buy Cole back in january as cover. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know that was a joke but i'd fecking love it if we got Cole back. He might be well past being of any use but he was my favourite player during his stay.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

the fact that we can draw and still go through fills me with SO much dread </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

can i do the "we'll be bafflingly overconfident and go out to a team that 'just wanted it more'" post again?

I think I cried after Scholes' penalty in the FA Cup Final btw. Not full on bawling, more like Native American 'you killed our land' crying. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I fell to the floor at Walkabout in Cardiff, Carter had to carry me out, utterly heartbroken.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

You can only play the back up players you have, so Fergie has no control over the quality of the players coming in now (although you can argue he did during the summer). But he does have control over how many of them play, and changing 5 in one match just seems such an unneccessary risk. Why not 2 changes tonight and 2 at Boro, say?

Lets hope we get away with it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You can do more than argue that - it's a simple fact. And not just during the summer - the squad itself is the result of a good few years neglect, particularly in the midfield department.

Rooney kissed the shirt again today I think. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Depends what you believe with regards to our transfer budget.

• 1 month later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Moreclaw:

Though even the FA cup matches are completely without worth until the semi-final IMO, but that's for another thread.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So spot on. Utterly spot on.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DamonWattsok:

haha, awesome goal.

Roonet, to Larsson, to Rooney, brilliant ball to Larsson and a great finish from the swede icon14.gif

3-0 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Roonet icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is that a female Rooney fan?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

In awnser to Westandred Ive only ever been to about 7 games. These were usually just games that went on general sale. Ive always been a One United member except for this year, which I dont really know why. But only being 17 and living down south I have had to rely on parents etc for transport. hence only 7 games!

and BBB, I agree about the lack of players signing, debt etc but for some reason Im on middle ground over the Glazers at the moment.

Really pretty annoyed that fate has conspired to keep JSP out of this game. If we have to play 451 to flood the midfield and protect the full-backs our man from Korea would be ideal, especially with Fletch not being quite back to full fitness yet.

Now we have to use Ole, Richardson or Rooney out wide really if one assumes that Scholes/Carrick/Giggs will be our 3 centre-mids & Ronny the other wide man. Smith up on his own and Rooney/Ronny in from the wide areas with Saha/Ole to come in late on? If only we still had Henke...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Mourinho said: "United are very lucky they don't have to play here next week. Can you imagine them here next weekend?

"That's the game where they will slip up, against us, so they're very lucky." </div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He is right though. If we had to play Chelsea next weekend i think they would have slaughtered us.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Youssouf Mulumbu - PSG (Youssouf Mulumbu) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Has he got his own paper, the flash git? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Some quotes from young Youssouf saying United wanted to sign him were picked up by the BBC (I think)…nothing to actually indicate we had any interest whatsoever in him mind.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived