The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Timmy Howard:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alan_green_must_die!:

Does anyone else think that the quality of player United go for seems to have fallen a great deal?

Do u think this is because foreign players dont like Ferguson?

pussies </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Or just maybe because we have large debts?

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

they're not that large if u think about it. Arsenal have always been in debt and are probably more so after building the new stadium, they even had to name it after the investor.

even Liverpool have been in a bit of debt over the years thats why they're always looking for investors.

Chelsea would be in MASSIVE debt if it was not for Roman's never ending wallet icon_frown.gif

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1. Hate Alex Ferguson - No -

2. Hate Carlos Queiroz - No

3. Hate David Gill - No

4. Hate the Glazers - Yes

5. Hate Rio Ferdinand - No

6. Hate Darren Fletcher - No

7. Hate 90% of their fellow Utd fans - No

8. Hate scousers but see no discrepancy between this and 9) - No

9. Love Wayne Rooney - Yes

10. Love Ruud (despite him being a slapped arse, past-it LIAR who's been looking for a move with years) - No

11. Once loved but now hate Ronaldo. - No

12. Love Paul Scholes - Yes

13. Love Brian Kidd - No

14. Love Ole - Yes

15. Love Heinze - Yes

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James M:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dan Goodwin:

We could always bring back Yorkie icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just in case Gaby and Evra get injured icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Stuff that, shoe in for the defensive midfield role. icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20?:

We got positive results in a few. Hardly fair to attribute the negative results in the others entirely to him, don't you think? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Of course Nick. We should just be proud and humble that someone so great deigned to play for us. Gosh, if everyone else in the team had been even close to his level of brilliance we’d have brushed everyone of those teams aside. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Knew we'd get there eventually icon_cool.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

Ruuuuuuuuuud Van Nistelrooooy Van Nistelrooooy Van Nistelroooooooooooy

:*) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

\o/\o/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I really hope I'm there when he inevitably comes back to OT with Madrid in the CL

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bagpuss:

Reet

Who is coming to Fulham so Mart knows how many beers he needs to buy and who is going to see Snakes on a Plane the night before? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, and no.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> FERGUSON CLAIMS FA U-TURN ON ROONEY

Sir Alex Ferguson has claimed Manchester United were informed by the Football Association that Wayne Rooney would escape suspension for his pre-season red card in Amsterdam.

The Red Devils learned this week Rooney, along with Paul Scholes who was also sent off against FC Porto, will miss the forthcoming games against Charlton, Watford and Tottenham for their dismissals.

The move has led to allegations of the FA singling out United players for special treatment given Liverpool duo Steven Gerrard and Neil Mellor were not punished after being sent off in the same tournament three years ago.

The United captain Gary Neville branded the bans "a disgrace" and, while Ferguson did not quite go that far, he did state the inference from Soho Square was that Rooney in particular would not be punished.

"I am not so much disappointed as surprised," said the Scot.

"The FA told us nothing was going to happen to Wayne and they were actually briefing people the same thing. I do not know what has happened in between them telling us that and reaching the decision."

Ferguson confirmed United would not compete in the prestigious Amsterdam tournament again as a consequence of the suspensions, which were sparked by referee Ruud Bossen opting to report the decisions.

"We are disappointed but we just have to get on with it," said Ferguson.

"That is the nature of our club.

"In these situations it is down to the referee. You hope commonsense is going to prevail.

"Instead he has reported it, then it has gone through the official channels and the FA have decided to take it up.

"We have the players to cover and there is nothing we can do about it now but one thing is for sure, we will not be playing in the Amsterdam tournament again, you can bet your life on that." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That'll teach you Dutch lot!

11 from Scholes and 16 from Ole wouldn't go amiss either.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

My Yorke 19 treble shirt came this morning icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_cool.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dan Goodwin:

ACou, on an unrelated topic, you have mail icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ah yes. Thanks for sending me over those important facts and figures. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Did you get my report as well Acou? I always think it's important for people to have options...

my first game at OT - a 1-0 win over spurs in 96. controversial game with the free kick that never was.

my best game at OT - a 1-0 win over spurs in 96. controversial game with the free kick that never was.

my worst game at OT - a 1-0 win over spurs in 96. controversial game with the free kick that never was.

icon_biggrin.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

oi, scatter - the updated fm database thingy is finito \O/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mind if I ask what this is all about Nick?

I assume it's your corrections of the Man. Utd data?

• 4 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

It's On.

It needs saying loud and clear. Don't let anybody fool you. Ignore the media. They know not what they say. Ignore your fellow forumites - a bigger gang of clueless bufoons you couldn't wish to meet. Ignore the voice in your head which says "Maybe we shouldn't get carried away. Maybe we should take each game as it comes." What the **** is that voice in your head doing trying to dampen down the optimism that you are right to hold. This is football, not real life and in football right now, you know, I know you know, that it's on.

You began to suspect it maybe on when we crusied past Bolton. You just thought, the way they're playing, something could be on here. Then Arsenal happened. And deep down you knew it was on when we got beat 6-3. You got to thinking. This season wouldn't be this weird without there being some sort of payoff. Listen to the confederacy of idiots denounce Rafa. Denounce rotation. Dismiss us against Barca and domestically. And there, deep in your bones you thought, it's on this. The Paul Mersons of the world simply don't get away with this ****. It has to be on.

Saturday, it's fair to say, the captain knew it was on. The best right back in the League knows it's on too. Dirk knows it's on. Look at him. Blonde locks bounding about as he chases every scrap, every loose ball. That's why it's on. Chasing every avenue down means it's on. Hard work means it's on and while it is on, the way it goes off is if that graft stops. That graft isn't going to stop though. Chelsea knew it was on too. It frightened them. They looked at each other and while it wasn't as momentous, as raucous as Luis Garcia's night, that fateful night, it was clear for whom it was on.

And then today. Relaxed. What more can we do? We needed Arsenal just as Arsenal need us. Like the chasing pack of a marathon these two noble runners will push each other towards the leading group. Thierry Henry last minute. United looking tired and you looked at the screen and you looked at each other and you couldn't contain it because, well, it's on isn't it? Arsenal may well think it's on as well and they may well be right. Don't dismiss them. But relax. Know that because Arsenal need us and we need Arsenal them thinking it's on can only be a good thing. The momentum's with us. It's on.

Take heart and sleep well. Your last thought before you go to bed should be "we have a league to win". Your first thought in the morning as your spring out of bed is that, well, it's on. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

A Scouse fanzine article icon_biggrin.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I know it's good to play your strongest XI whenever you can, and in the main I agree. But when he have a run of games on Saturday/Tuesday/Saturday/Tuesday/Saturday/Wednesday like we are in the minute, some people are expecting us to play everyone for all of those games and it's just not realistic. Tonight was the night to rest players.

Yeah, I was thinking about this the other day. I'd prefer it if we played at home first, away second. Then at least we're being positive from the outset, rather than going into the first leg just looking to get a draw and then leaving ourselves too much to do.

Then, even if we do **** up the first leg, at least we know we've GOT to go out and attack in the second leg. Whereas if we're away first, we'll always adopt a negative outlook.

so upset I can't go to the semi. icon_frown.gif

btw you should all get tickets, everybody gets Blackburn (just over 6,000 tickets) and say the minimum the allocation is going to be double that (12,000) it looks promising.

but if you need to go to the semi to get a final ticket there will probably be loads of *****.

no you can't use my membership number BBB, i'm going to apply with it and sell the ticket to a friend if I get it, just incase you need to have been to the semi to get a final ticket.

• 1 month later...

Not sure when you released Jamie Mullen but apparently he's on trial with us with a look at us signing him.

We need a left winger, I doubt he's Prem quality, but do you think he's good for League 1?

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ericcantona7:

surely if Ronaldo was 21 at the start of the season (and he was) then he is eligible? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Check the previous page Alex </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

just did, surely that's a bit unfair? even if we only took Ronaldo's appearances when he was 21 into account he'll probably still win icon_biggrin.gif

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by No Longer Bling:

i dont know why you try and bring me down from my natural high mark icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's unnatural, and it make me suspicious icon_mad.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RedBlood:

Why wasn't Best Away trip on my ballot?

Chelsea would have been the awnser </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you did actually put that, didn't copy the bottom answer in the list. only person who voted for it anyway so it didn't rank.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived