The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

I would happy if Owen did go to Man Utd, but I can see fans of any English Club (Man Utd included) booing him based on England performances until he actually does very well for club.

I can easily see him become a scape-goat if you signed him this summer and this season repeated last season's performance.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Youngster-related news. Probably of interest to Frannybaws, and Keith until he realises we're talking footballers and not underage female actresses:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Six United youngsters have signed professional forms at Old Trafford. Academy student Michael Barnes, first year scholar Febian Brandy and Kieran Lee, Ryan Shawcross, Sean Evans and Jamie Mullan have been rewarded for last term's progress. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Kieran Lee ifffffffb icon_cool.gif

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20?:

An Asmodeus/Gudge tag-team lured him into dishing out some home truths, for which he was harshly banished. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Which thread?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

How was Carrick yesterday? The Spurs thread lot were saying he was ****, but i'm aware they may not have the most objective viewpoint at the moment. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He wasnt bad, didnt do well when trying to make tackles but kept neat and tidy possession. Sadly for him Scholes ran the show and was the one pinging great balls about.

There were also times when he and Scholes were right next to each other, going for the same balls etc but i'm sure they can sort that out.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

Look, we'll get Hargreaves. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not from what Bayern have said today...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Bayern Munich are continuing to play hardball over Owen Hargreaves, with general manager Uli Hoeness reiterating they have no desire to sell the midfielder to Manchester United.

The England international is keen to join The Red Devils ahead of the new Premiership season, and United have dispatched chief executive David Gill in order to hammer out a deal that could reportedly be worth up to £17 million.

The arrival of Hargreaves at Old Trafford would further strengthen Sir Alex Ferguson's midfield after his capture of fellow Three Lions World Cup midfielder Michael Carrick, but Bayern will not let the Canada-born star leave without a fight.

Although Hargreaves only won the affection of the English public after an impressive campaign in Germany, he has been a key player for the Bundesliga giants over a number of seasons.

After seeing Michael Ballack and Ze Roberto leave this summer Bayern general manager Hoeness clearly has no intention of letting Hargreaves join the Allianz Arena exodus.

"You can offer me €50 million for Owen Hargreaves but we will not let him go," said a defiant Hoeness to SID as he described what he told Gill.

Bayern coach Felix Magath is also determined to retain Hargreaves' services as the club look to claim another Bundesliga title this season, stating the midfielder is committed to the side until the end of his contract in 2010

"He can climb to the top of Mount Everest and say whatever he wants but a contract with Bayern Munich is a contract," said Magath.

Despite Bayern's public show of defiance, Ferguson stated on Friday that he is "hopeful" of bringing man-of-the-moment Hargreaves to Old Trafford.

In response to Ferguson unveiling his determination to sign the player, the German side have also released a statement to clarify they have no intention of letting Hargreaves leave before his contract expires.

"FC Bayern has informed the player and his agent in no uncertain terms that the contract with the club until June 30, 2010 is to be honoured," read the statement.

"To this day, we have not discussed a transfer with Manchester United or any other club and there will be no future talks over a transfer of Hargreaves.

"FC Bayern Munich have informed Manchester United on this day, Friday August 18 2006, that they must end their advances for Owen Hargreaves." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

seana?

you mean sentana? the channel, I think it's still on yeah icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Do you mean Carlos Sentana?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

Too slow icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I actually meant those who'll say that it's not United related so shouldn't be allowed.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

I'm not getting any false hopes or expectations now, my aim is as it was at the start of the season, closing the gap, playing good attractive football, and having a run in Europe to keep our coefficients up.

Actually winning a major trophy would be a massive, massive bonus, but atm I don't see it, with or without Hargreaves. And until I see him in a red shirt, it is without. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh, ye of little faith. icon_frown.gif

GET OUT ! icon_mad.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

Best 3rd squad depth? What? icon_biggrin.gif

Riise's an average left-back. Aurelio's an average left-back. Gallas is an excellent one. Clichy has shown he can be an excellent one if he stops being a cripple. Completely stand by what I said. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Aurelio an average left back icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif Sorry Nick but that is just hilariously wrong. Aurelio is a better left back than Evra, and as good as Clichy. He's the transfer at the scouse that really makes me worried about their team, gives so much balance to their defence. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mass smileys \O/

We disagree, get over it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

!!!!!!!!!!1

• 1 month later...

Can't see that this has been posted...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">United announce Board changes

Manchester United announces that its Finance Director Nick Humby and its Commercial Director, Andy Anson, have resigned and are to leave the Club in February 2007 to take up new positions.

Announcing their departures, Chief Executive David Gill said: "I am very disappointed to lose Nick and Andy. Nick has been an excellent Finance Director at the Club for the last five years, getting involved in all areas of the business. His final major project has been to successfully manage the stadium expansion - delivering the best corporate facilities in football today - in time for the start of the new season.

"In his three years with the Club, Andy has set a new commercial strategy for the Club on which he has delivered excellently. He has played a lead role in our record shirt deal with AIG, as well as the negotiations to restructure our platinum partnerships and media businesses.

"Everyone at Old Trafford will join with me in thanking them for everything they have contributed and achieved and wishing them the very best for the future."

Nick Humby said: "It has been an honour to work for this Club, with its rich heritage and amazing record of success and growth. The last five years have presented many challenges and it has been a pleasure to work with David Gill and my finance and venue teams to grow the business.

"The opening of the new Quadrants on time and with record attendances was the result of another great team effort. I wish the whole club continued success and thank everyone for the support they have given me. I will be in a position in a few weeks to announce my new challenge back in the media industry that I have previously worked in."

Andy Anson said: “It has been a huge privilege to work for the Club I have followed since I was a boy. With the help of an exceptional commercial and support team, we have met and surpassed every challenge in front of us.

"However, I now have an excellent opportunity in the entertainment sector. I will remain as I always have been, a loyal supporter of the Club and look forward to coming back to Old Trafford regularly in the stands as a fan. I thank my fellow directors and David Gill in particular for their help and encouragement and my team for their hard work and talent.â€

The Club has started the process of appointing their successors and further announcements will be made in due course. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

• 2 weeks later...

Actually, on the same subject, they've shown two games recently - an FA Cup 5th Rnd match at Ewood in 85 and a league game against Liverpool in 84 (might have been the early part of 84/85 rather than the previous season) - in both games Paul McGrath was playing in midfield....alongside Moses IIRC - now I assume that Robbo was injured (shocking, I know icon_biggrin.gif) but I didn't remember McGrath even filling in in midfield....is that something he did fairly often?

• 2 weeks later...

haha Rich you're a blimp compared ffs icon_biggrin.gif

ta for the gl text btw :*) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

dude, not disagreeing icon_biggrin.gif

But your head fit too snugly on those pictures of the Sumo and Stay Puft.

Looked like me, I thought icon_biggrin.gif

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by No Longer Bling:

youre a hell of a guy gonch </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

if it was anyone else id consider that to be an ironic, roundabout way of calling me a ****, but i know you love me bling :**)

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

is Evra still out tomorrow? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

not heard anything, but he was touch and go for the derby so you'd expect him to be alright. probably on the bench though.

• 2 weeks later...

James is just very fond of his dogs imo

The United Thread Stat-tacular 2006-7: HAPPY NEW YEAR

Appearances:

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

| Prem | ECL | FAC | TCC | Total |

| | | | | |

1. Edwin VAN DER SAR | 21 | 6 | | | 27 |

2. Gary NEVILLE | 17 | 4 | | | 21 |

3. Patrice EVRA | 13(2) | 2(2) | | 0(1) | 15(5) |

4. Gabriel HEINZE | 7(4) | 3(1) | | 2 | 12(5) |

5. Rio FERDINAND | 21 | 4(1) | | | 25(1) |

6. Wes BROWN | 8(3) | 3 | | 2 | 13(3) |

7. Cristiano RONALDO | 19(1) | 5 | | 1 | 25(1) |

8. Wayne ROONEY | 18(1) | 6 | | 1 | 25(1) |

9. Louis SAHA | 17(1) | 5 | | | 22(1) |

11. Ryan GIGGS | 15(2) | 3 | | | 18(2) |

13. PARK Ji-Sung | 4(5) | | | | 4(5) |

14. Alan SMITH | | 0(2) | | 2 | 2(2) |

15. Nemanja VIDIC | 15 | 5 | | | 20 |

16. Michael CARRICK | 15(3) | 6 | | | 21(3) |

17. Henrik LARSSON | | | | | |

18. Paul SCHOLES | 17 | 5(1) | | | 22(1) |

19. Giuseppe ROSSI | | | | | |

20. Ole Gunnar SOLSKJAER | 5(5) | 1(3) | | 1 | 7(8) |

22. John O'SHEA | 9(10)| 3(2) | | 1 | 13(12) |

23. Kieran RICHARDSON | 3(3) | 0(2) | | 2 | 5(5) |

24. Darren FLETCHER | 11(6) | 3(2) | | 1 | 15(8) |

25. David JONES | | | | 2 | 2 |

27. Mikael SILVESTRE | 6(5) | 2 | | 2 | 10(5) |

29. Tomasz KUSZCZAK | 1 | | | 2 | 3 |

34. Ryan SHAWCROSS | | | | 0(2) | 0(2) |

35. Kieran LEE | | | | 0(2) | 0(2) |

36. David GRAY | | | | 1 | 1 |

41. Philip MARSH | | | | 1 | 1 |

42. Michael BARNES | | | | 0(1) | 0(1) |

49. Ritchie JONES | | | | 1 | 1 |

</pre>

Goalscorers:

| | | | | |

7. Cristiano RONALDO | 12 | | | | 12 |

9. Louis SAHA | 8 | 4 | | | 12 |

8. Wayne ROONEY | 8 | | | | 8 |

20. Ole Gunnar SOLSKJAER | 6 | 1 | | 1 | 8 |

18. Paul SCHOLES | 4 | 1 | | | 5 |

11. Ryan GIGGS | 2 | 1 | | | 3 |

15. Nemanja VIDIC | 2 | 1 | | | 3 |

22. John O'SHEA | 1 | 1 | | | 2 |

24. Darren FLETCHER | 2 | | | | 2 |

3. Patrice EVRA | 1 | | | | 1 |

5. Rio FERDINAND | 1 | | | | 1 |

23. Kieran RICHARDSON | | 1 | | | 1 |

27. Mikael SILVESTRE | 1 | | | | 1 |

35. Kieran LEE | | | | 1 | 1 |

Own Goals | 1 | | | | 1 |

| | | | | |

Totals | 49 | 10 | | 2 | 61 |

</pre>

Penalties:

9. Louis SAHA 3/4

7. Cristiano RONALDO 0/1

</pre>

Penalties won:

7. Cristiano RONALDO 2

8. Wayne ROONEY 1

11. Ryan GIGGS 1

13. PARK Ji-Sung 1

</pre>

Assists:

11. Ryan GIGGS 9

7. Cristiano RONALDO 8

9. Louis SAHA 7

8. Wayne ROONEY 7

2. Gary NEVILLE 3

3. Patrice EVRA 2

6. Wes BROWN 2

24. Darren FLETCHER 2

13. PARK Ji-Sung 2

18. Paul SCHOLES 2

4. Gabriel HEINZE 1

14. Alan SMITH 1

15. Nemanja VIDIC 1

16. Michael CARRICK 1

20. Ole Gunnar SOLSKJAER 1

49. Ritchie JONES 1

</pre>

At Fault For Goal:

27. Mikael SILVESTRE 4

4. Gabriel HEINZE 2

2. Gary NEVILLE 2

1. Edwin VAN DER SAR 1

3. Patrice EVRA 1

5. Rio FERDINAND 1

6. Wes BROWN 1

7. Cristiano RONALDO 1

13. PARK Ji-Sung 1

16. Michael CARRICK 1

22. John O'SHEA 1

</pre>

Clean Sheets:

Charlton away (EPL)

Tottenham home (EPL)

Benfica away (CL)

Newcastle home (EPL)

FC Kobenhavn home (CL)

Liverpool home (EPL)

Bolton away (EPL)

Portsmouth home (EPL)

Blackburn away (EPL)

Everton home (EPL)

Aston Villa away (EPL)

</pre>

Yellow Cards:

| | | | | |

18. Paul SCHOLES | 6 | 2 | | | 8 |

15. Nemanja VIDIC | 5 | | | | 5 |

3. Patrice EVRA | 3 | 1 | | | 4 |

8. Wayne ROONEY | 2 | 1 | | 1 | 4 |

6. Wes BROWN | 2 | | | 1 | 3 |

23. Kieran RICHARDSON | 2 | | | 1 | 3 |

4. Gabriel HEINZE | 1 | 1 | | | 2 |

11. Ryan GIGGS | 2 | | | | 2 |

16. Michael CARRICK | 1 | 1 | | | 2 |

22. John O'SHEA | 2 | | | | 2 |

2. Gary NEVILLE | 1 | | | | 1 |

5. Rio FERDINAND | 1 | | | | 1 |

7. Cristiano RONALDO | | 1 | | | 1 |

9. Louis SAHA | 1 | | | | 1 |

24. Darren FLETCHER | | 1 | | | 1 |

25. David JONES | | | | 1 | 1 |

27. Mikael SILVESTRE | | 1 | | | 1 |

35. Kieran LEE | | | | 1 | 1 |

</pre>

Average Goals Per Game: 2.77 (83 in 30)

Average Goals Scored Per Game: 2.03 (61 in 30)

Average Goals Conceded Per Game: 0.74 (22 in 30)

Games Won When Scoring First Goal: 18/19 (94.74%)

Games Drawn When Scoring First Goal: 1/19 (5.26%)

Games Lost When Scoring First Goal: 0/19

Games Won When Conceding First Goal: 4/11 (36.36%)

Games Drawn When Conceding First Goal: 2/11 (18.19%)

Games Lost When Conceding First Goal: 5/11 (45.45%)

Games Won When Leading At Half-Time: 11/12 (91.67%)

Games Drawn When Leading At Half-Time: 1/12 (8.33%)

Games Lost When Leading At Half-Time: 0/12

Games Won When Drawing At Half-Time: 10/16 (62.5%)

Games Drawn When Drawing At Half-Time: 2/16 (12.5%)

Games Lost When Drawing At Half-Time: 4/16 (25%)

Games Won When Losing At Half-Time: 1/2 (50%)

Games Drawn When Losing At Half-Time: 0/2

Games Lost When Losing At Half-Time: 1/2 (50%)

Time of Goals Scored:

| | | | | |

0 - 15 mins | 8 | | | | 8 |

15 - 30 mins | 5 | | | 1 | 6 |

30 - 45 mins | 7 | 4 | | | 11 |

45 - 60 mins | 9 | 3 | | | 12 |

60 - 75 mins | 11 | 2 | | | 13 |

75 - 90 mins | 9 | 1 | | | 10 |

Extra Time | | | | 1 | 1 |

</pre>

Time of Goals Conceded:

| | | | | |

0 - 15 mins | 2 | | | | 2 |

15 - 30 mins | | 2 | | 1 | 3 |

30 - 45 mins | 4 | 1 | | | 5 |

45 - 60 mins | 1 | | | | 1 |

60 - 75 mins | 5 | 1 | | 1 | 7 |

75 - 90 mins | 2 | 1 | | | 3 |

Extra Time | | | | | |

</pre>

Manner of Goals Scored:

| | | | | |

Left foot | 10 | 5 | | | 15 |

Right foot | 31 | 2 | | 2 | 35 |

Head | 7 | 3 | | | 10 |

Opponent | 1 | | | | 1 |

| | | | | |

Inside area | 41 | 8 | | 1 | 50 |

Outside area | 8 | 2 | | 1 | 11 |

| | | | | |

Open play | 42 | 6 | | 2 | 50 |

Set piece | 4 | 3 | | | 7 |

Direct freekick | 1 | | | | 1 |

Penalty | 2 | 1 | | | 3 |

</pre>

Manner of Goals Conceded:

| | | | | |

Left foot | 4 | 4 | | | 8 |

Right foot | 7 | 1 | | 2 | 10 |

Head | 3 | | | | 3 |

United player | 1 | | | | 1 |

| | | | | |

Inside area | 10 | 2 | | | 12 |

Outside area | 5 | 3 | | 2 | 10 |

| | | | | |

Open play | 10 | 3 | | 1 | 14 |

Set piece | 2 | | | | 2 |

Direct freekick | 1 | 2 | | 1 | 4 |

Penalty | 2 | | | | 2 |

</pre>

Form

Last Six (All comps): WLWWWD

Last Six (Prem/ship): WLWWWD

Home (All comps): DWWWWW

Home (Prem/ship): WDWWWW

Away (All comps): WLWLWD

Away (Prem/ship): WWWLWD

Games Unbeaten: 4 (all comps), 4 (premiership)

Consecutive Wins: 0 (all comps), 0 (premiership)

</pre>

Attendances:

Highest - 76,018, vs Wigan (Premiership, 26/12/06)

Lowest - 72,020, vs FC Kobenhavn (Champions League, 18/10/06)

Total - 1,054,122 (14 games)

Average - 75,294

Mart Leaving Early:

Sevilla home

Dubiously-legal female charity collectors ogled from the wall

Ten

Forthcoming Fixtures

07.01.07 Aston Villa (H) FA Cup Third Round

13.01.07 Aston Villa (H) Premiership

21.01.07 Arsenal (A) Premiership

31.10.07 Watford (H) Premiership

03.02.07 Tottenham (A) Premiership

10.02.07 Charlton (H) Premiership

</pre>

*** BONUS NEW YEAR UNITED CAREER STATS ***

Appearances:

| Prem | ECL | FAC | TCC | Other | Total |

| | | | | | |

11. Ryan GIGGS | 433(58)| 98(6) | 47(7) | 25(5) | 12(1) | 615(77) |

2. Gary NEVILLE | 342(15)| 98(6) | 38(3) | 16(1) | 8(1) | 502(26) |

18. Paul SCHOLES | 294(64)| 86(12)| 23(9) | 11(5) | 10 | 424(90) |

27. Mikael SILVESTRE | 222(21)| 59(7) | 17(2) | 13(1) | 7 | 318(31) |

20. Ole Gunnar SOLSKJAER | 147(79)| 35(44)| 12(12)| 8(3) | 6(3) | 208(141)|

6. Wes BROWN | 132(19)| 37(6) | 19(2) | 16(1) | | 204(28) |

22. John O'SHEA | 121(29)| 33(10)| 12(1) | 17(1) | 1(1) | 184(42) |

5. Rio FERDINAND | 136(1) | 34(1) | 9(1) | 9(1) | 1 | 189(4) |

7. Cristiano RONALDO | 83(32)| 23(3) | 12(2) | 8 | | 126(37) |

24. Darren FLETCHER | 69(15)| 18(7) | 7(4) | 10 | 0(1) | 104(27) |

8. Wayne ROONEY | 76(8) | 17 | 8(1) | 5(2) | | 106(11) |

9. Louis SAHA | 45(18)| 6(5) | 3(3) | 9 | | 63(26) |

14. Alan SMITH | 37(15)| 10(5) | 0(5) | 4(2) | 1 | 52(27) |

1. Edwin VAN DER SAR | 59 | 14 | 2 | 3 | | 78 |

4. Gabriel HEINZE | 35(6) | 12(1) | 4 | 4 | | 55(7) |

23. Kieran RICHARDSON | 15(17)| 5(9) | 6(1) | 11(2) | 0(1) | 37(30) |

13. PARK Ji-Sung | 27(16)| 0(6) | 1(1) | 3 | | 31(23) |

15. Nemanja VIDIC | 24(2) | 5 | 2 | 0(2) | | 31(4) |

3. Patrice EVRA | 20(6) | 2(2) | 0(1) | 1(2) | | 23(11) |

16. Michael CARRICK | 15(3) | 6 | | | | 21(3) |

29. Tomasz KUSZCZAK | 1 | | | 2 | | 3 |

</pre>

Goals:

| Prem | ECL | FAC | TCC | Other | Total |

| | | | | | |

11. Ryan GIGGS | 96 | 24 | 10 | 7 | | 137 |

18. Paul SCHOLES | 93 | 22 | 12 | 8 | | 135 |

20. Ole Gunnar SOLSKJAER | 90 | 20 | 6 | 7 | | 123 |

8. Wayne ROONEY | 35 | 4 | 3 | 2 | | 44 |

7. Cristiano RONALDO | 30 | 1 | 6 | 2 | | 39 |

9. Louis SAHA | 23 | 4 | 2 | 7 | | 36 |

14. Alan SMITH | 7 | 2 | | 1 | 1 | 11 |

27. Mikael SILVESTRE | 6 | 2 | 1 | | 1 | 10 |

22. John O'SHEA | 6 | 1 | 1 | 1 | | 9 |

23. Kieran RICHARDSON | 1 | 2 | 3 | 3 | | 9 |

2. Gary NEVILLE | 5 | 2 | | | | 7 |

24. Darren FLETCHER | 6 | | | | | 6 |

5. Rio FERDINAND | 4 | | | | | 4 |

4. Gabriel HEINZE | 1 | 2 | | | | 3 |

13. PARK Ji-Sung | 2 | | | 1 | | 3 |

15. Nemanja VIDIC | 2 | 1 | | | | 3 |

6. Wes BROWN | 1 | 1 | | | | 2 |

3. Patrice EVRA | 1 | | | | | 1 |

1. Edwin VAN DER SAR | | | | | | 0 |

16. Michael CARRICK | | | | | | 0 |

</pre>

--------------------------------------------------------------

Reserves Update

Appearances: Kieran Lee 11, Daniel Rose 10, Ryan Shawcross 9, Craig Cathcart 8(2), Ritchie Jones 8, Aaron Burns 8, Michael Barnes 7(3), Philip Marsh 7(3), Tom Heaton 7, David Gray 7(1), Michael Lea 6(1), Alan Smith 6, David Jones 6, Jamie Mullan 5(2), Séan Evans 4(2), Tomasz Kuszczak 4, Floribert N'Galula 2, Sam Hewson 1(1), Christopher Eagles 1, Liam Miller 1, Giuseppe Rossi 1, Ji-Sung Park 1, Kieran Richardson 1, Febian Brandy (5), Christy Fagan (2), Daniel Drinkwater (1), Magnus Wolff Eikrem (1)

Scorers: Philip Marsh 7, Aaron Burns 6, Febian Brandy 2, Giuseppe Rossi 2, Michael Barnes 2, Kieran Lee 1, Christopher Eagles 1, David Jones 1, Ryan Shawcross 1, Daniel Rose 1, David Gray 1, Kieran Richardson 1, Alan Smith 1, own goals 1 (Webster, Wigan)

Premier Reserve League North Table:

P W D L F A GD Pts

1. M'boro Res 8 6 1 1 19 6 +13 19

2. Man Utd Res 7 5 0 2 15 7 +8 15

3. N'castle Res 6 3 2 1 12 9 +3 11

</pre>

Next Fixture:

17.01.07 Bury (A) - Manchester Seniors Cup

Academy Update

Appearances: James Chester 15, Christy Fagan 14(1), Febian Brandy 13(1), James Derbyshire 11(3), Daniel Drinkwater 11(3), Magnus Wolff Eikrem 11(2), Craig Cathcart 10, Richard Eckersley 10, Sam Hewson 10, Benjamin Amos 10, Daniel Welbeck 8(6), Antonio Bryan 8(4), Conor McCormack 8(2), Michael Lea 6, Daniel Galbraith 5(1), Ron-Robert Zieler 5, Thomas Cleverley 4(1), Corrie Evans 3(3), Kenny Strickland 3(1), Oliver Norwood (2), Matthew James (2)

Scorers: Brandy 9, Fagan 5, Welbeck 5, Bryan 2, Galbraith 1, Hewson 2, Cathcart 1, Eikrem 1, Lea 1, Chester 1

U18 Academy Group C Table:

P W D L F A GD Pt

4. B'burn Yth 14 6 2 6 21 16 +5 20`

5. Man Utd Yth 15 5 3 7 28 29 -1 18

6. WBA Yth 14 5 2 7 20 23 -3 17

</pre>

Next Fixture:

16.12.06 S****horpe United (H) - FA Youth Cup, @ Ewen Fields, Hyde

Assists and at-fault-for's up for debate ofc. Suggestions for further stats welcome.

goals x2 for Scholesy

assists for Giggs and Ronaldo

yellow cards for Scholes and Neville

affg's for Neville and Park

other more mundane stuff

i've decided to keep the career stats going, and in doing so i have noticed that both Mickey and Ole are in line to make their 350th appearances for us tomorrow icon_cool.gif

before PJ says anything, i will update the youth stats sooner or later, but fyi the u18's won at home against Stoke this morning 2-0, goals from Fagan and Brandy icon_cool.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Stephen Wilson:

If so called 'real' United fans wanted tickets, surely they would be able to get them before Celtic fans from Glasgow/Dublin/wherever could?

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You would feckin' think so, wouldn't you ?But what do we see ?

Celtic fans and busloads of Irish kids, innit ? icon_frown.gif

Like I said, this was done like a month ago. And to be honest, there's only a few 'question mark' games for Chelsea in that run. West Ham away, maybe us at home (although not if Fergie insists on FOUR FIVE ****ING ONE), possibly the Portsmouth / Citeh away games. If they've got Terry and another defender back by then they could well do it imho.

Anyone a tad scared the scouse / Arsenal might come back into it :/ ?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by theis:

Can anyone do me a quick summary as I missed the entire match due to crappy public transport. Gathered the first 6 minutes were quite exciting though.

P.S. alilaw is quite possibly the biggest legend that has ever lived seeing as though he gave me amazing advice that helped me get a job today icon_cool.gif

Anyway ali >>>>>>>>>>> * </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Congrats. What job & what pearls of wisdom did Ali throw your way? (If its not top secret or anything ofc...)

• 1 month later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

So guys do we risk Nev, Vidic, and Ferdinand today? I'd take them playing today and us winning, only for them to be out of the Milan game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Like a shot.

• 2 weeks later...

That was why I added the bit aabout him being in those pictures from Monday? He had his knee bandaged and was on crutches, along with his fathers comments about the operation potentially saving his career suggested he'd had it done and had coem back.

That may not have been the case and you're probably right.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived