The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20?:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by nuts:

RvN wants to go to Bayern according to Dutch sources. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If they bung us £10m plus Owen Hargreaves, that'd do nicely. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon14.gif

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by nistelrooy_uk_10:

any video's knocking about of ruud's "best bits"? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

Senna - a diversion for a double Corinthians deal?

(I don't think we'll get either Maschareno or Tevez but it's nice to be giddy every so often). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep, and strangely there has been no paper talk linking either to other clubs, which one would expect after their respective strong World Cups.

That would be a dream. I think Tevez and Rooney would work well together. The attack would be very fluid. You know Tevez is scoring for fun in South America as a "proper" centre forward?

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by markgood guy:

i dont know guys i look at it and it's understandable. i am not saying it's text book for spelling and gramer but god dammit this isn't gibberish. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's more what you're saying rather than your grammar people are having a go at here icon_biggrin.gif

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hetero5exual:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hetero5exual:

No.

Hehehehehehe </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

missed pen or sommat? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yup... lousy penalty saved </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He just missed a sitter.... but now he gets his hat trick in the final min of the game

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

Citeh getting charged SIXTY EIGHT quid for Arsenal away ticket.

Expect the same for us. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Me not go there !

• 3 weeks later...

I didn't saw the game, only 5min of highlights but how did Heinze and Vidic play?

Obviously besides that bad moment for Vidic when he gave the ball away how did he play?

And it's so good to see Heinze back icon_smile.gif My favourite player in the team now that Ruud is gone... oh wait, there's Ole still icon_biggrin.gif

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Young Jimlad:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by joe_cole:

Ronaldo is finally reaching his full potential. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Being in relatively good form and "reaching his full potential" are not the same thing. The guy is barely into his 20s for goodness sake. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well ive never seen him play as well as he has done this season, he is too good for most defenders. To say he is in "relatively good form" is very harsh or foolish??

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

What if you were told that with the Obi Mikel money, Ruud going etc, with the Glazers on transfers their net spend is actually -£4m, yes they've received more cash in than they have spent. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't baffle him with economics yet ffs

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

I take it that's a statement along the lines of you giving up as you realise the major flaw in your side of this discussion? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am actually terrified at the moment.

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RedBlood:

Any one looking for City still?

My branch still havs places available so if you email them and ask martin at silvan dot fsnet dot co dot uk </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How much? Do we have to paythe coach journey?

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

Ronaldo's got more out and out flair, but i wouldn't say he's more talented than Rooney, or has more potential. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There's little between them in terms of footballing ability. I'd give Ronaldo the slightest of edges but it's negligible really. I think Ronaldo's got a lot more to learn on the mental side of the game, whereas I think Rooney has had that sorted (temperament aside) since an unusually young age. If (and it's a sizeable if) Ronaldo has it in him to mature mentally, learn to sometimes be a bit less instinctive (whilst retaining his unpredictability) and improve his decision making, I personally think he's got the greater potential as a match-winner. I think Rooney will turn out to be more consistent and infinitely less infuriating along the way.

There was actually this same debate on the ri sanctuary last night, and as someone said on there, when you're arguing over which of your two starlets is the best young player in the world and which is the second best young player in the world, it's not a bad position to be in.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

FAO MIKA

:*********************)

Cheers mate, arrived today. Very much appreciated. Your handwriting is ABYSMAL though, although that's actually hugely encouraging as mine is too. And you had to tarnish the gesture with your lies icon13.gif

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

My handwriting always was abysmal yeah, should clearly be a doctor icon_biggrin.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

85, tbh. icon_biggrin.gif

I was astounded. Don't they normally give it a little while before acting on a missing person report ? Hell, I wasn't even 24 hours late. Even twelve hours would've been pushing things. icon_biggrin.gif

They'd phoned my brother, my sister, been to see the folks at work . . . icon_eek.gif

Gregg - he really did it, ffs.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rcjuk:

yeh because we know he said it iirc. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah the bloke from the chip shop overheard someone saying it and told RI remember.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ericcantona7:

sorry Mart, couldn't get tickets for Sat, they were sold out. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

no worries dude, cheers though

• 2 weeks later...

I'd also like to think that the final standings in that table are pretty representative of our respective knowledge about football.

I'll take being the second most knowledgable user in the Man Utd thread tbh icon_cool.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Blaine:

when did this thread become filled with marketing execs btw? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'd like to distance myself from go-go's argument btw.

All I was trying to say was that considering the state of the game in England right now, our ticket price rises can be considered as reasonable. Unfortunate I know but I reckon many fans at other clubs would be willing to trade places.

Still so giddy. Decided that even though I clearly can't afford it, I'm gonna get nice and drunk to celebrate Gill finding his chequebook and losing his mind.

I haven't seen anything except YouTube of Nani, but everyone's opinion seems to be that he's fb. Anderson, otoh, I've seen nufty times in Champions League games and the like, and I think he's ****en amazy, to the extent that I nominated him for one of my 3 signings in the end of season awards (wasted vote or Mystic Meg; Idunno.)

As for Giggs; the Citeh game at Eastlands summed up his current situation for me. For the first 30 minutes he was probing, moving around, his flicks were coming off and he was a real force and a genuine outlet. Then he started to fade, before becoming dog tired and, as a result, frustrated. The more annoyed he got, the more he tried to create something out of nothing, invariably ending with nothing again.

Try bringing the same Giggs on 30 mins from the end when we need a goal to nick a win or salvage a point, with fresh legs - he's nowhere near as fast as he was but still pacy, not least for a 33 year old - and his intelligence and experience against defenders who've been chasing Wazza, Ronnie, Nani, Park, Anderson, Rossi and all their shadows around for an hour, and I reckon he can have a real impact. Even if we get back to the 'Fortune rotation' that he supposedly requested a few years back, where he'd start one game in three (our Quint starting the others) and play cameos when he felt up to it/when it was necessary, I still think he has a lot to offer, and I've been one of his harshest critics this season.

Mon Robbo with the £3m bid the wise old press say you're preparing for our Kier. You owe us for convincing him and Koosh were good in the first place FFS.

Archived