The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

You'll have to pop down to the wall icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cheers, appreciate the invite.

I'll be sure to make an appearance when I get the chance.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

Any Lazio players worth picking up? I can't say I know much about their squad and I haven't heard anything about them in this 'Italian raid' stuff.

You're being too optimistic if you think at least two of Liverpool/Arsenal/Tottenham will have gash seasons and we'll be able to steal second or third btw. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lazio's squad hasn't got much about it anyway so they'll be least affected by the demotion I should think.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

Nick knows something we don't? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've already told you it you plum icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20?:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keyser:

below both. it's sad because he's been the best goalscorer this club has had for ages and it's coincided with a decline in our overall fortunes.

Fantastic player. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah. It's pretty harsh that the van Nistelrooy era will ultimately go down as one of failure, and not really through any fault of his (although there are presumably a few who'd argue that). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm not sure how you could? He can't win us every game single handedly with that kind of service. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well there's always been a school of thought, that I've never subscribed too, that said Ruud's style of play brought him goals galore but to the detriment of the rest of the side and the team as a whole.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Andy "Muzza" Murray:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SarfLondonSpur:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Martin impressed again when he came on, i hope he gets a decent chance in the first team this season. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If Martin and Ronaldo are in the same side, the fullbacks are going to have a torrid, torrid, time </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Rumours that Lee Martin may be coming on loan to Rangers for the season, no idea if there is anything behind them though </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Fergie did say something might develop during the week.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_mad.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> ROONEY READY FOR OPENER

Wayne Rooney has been passed fit to play in Manchester United's Barclays Premiership opener against Fulham on Sunday.

The England striker, who will miss the Red Devils' next three games through suspension, had been doubtful for the Cottagers clash with a groin injury but Sir Alex Ferguson confirmed he has recovered and should start up front alongside Louis Saha.

Gabriel Heinze and Nemanja Vidic are both ruled out with knee injuries, £18.6million new signing Michael Carrick is still a week away from a return to training after suffering an ankle ligament damage earlier this month, while Alan Smith is continuing his recovery from a horror double leg break against Liverpool last season.

Team:

Man Utd (from): Van der Sar, Kuszczak, Neville, O'Shea, Brown, Ferdinand, Silvestre, Ronaldo, Park Ji-Sung, Scholes, Giggs, Saha, Rooney, Rossi, Evans, Evra, Richardson, Fletcher. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Razor Eddie:

Cantona 10 pts

Best 9

Hughes 8

Ruud 7

Keane 6

Charlton 5

Robson 4

Scholes 3

Ole 2

Stiles 1

And before any fecker says " you gotta have seen 'em "- I did icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We're back to Billy Meredith again. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Meh. Flash git, tbh. icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

I suppose the point has been made that overpaying on transfers is akin to piissing in the ocean with the debts we already have :/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ask martin

my dad and his family is from stretford, although he abanonded us when i was young he always used to send me united presents and stuff for as long as i can remember. the only decent thing he ever gave me was his love for united :*).

although he thinks united should drop for being a thug, i hung up on him in utter disbelief when he uttered that. tit.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

would do, there's one in salford that shows pretty much every game, but i'm too ill to move from the sofa </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Gillete Soccer Saturday for you then? Looking at Phil Thompson's nose all day = painful. icon_biggrin.gif

• 2 weeks later...

agree with acou about howard. rooney down to the calender btw </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Exactly.

My squad has the usual look of a young 20-something bloke who's memories of United begin in or around 1990.

GKs: Schmikes, VDS, Barthez for comedy value.

Def: Neville G, Parker, Irwin, Stam, Pallister, Bruce, Rio, Neville P.

Mid: Beckham, Giggs, Scholes, Keane, Robson©, Ronaldo, Ince, Kanchelskis.

For: Cantona, Van Nistelrooy, Ole, Sparky.

Honorable mentions: Johnsen, Vidic (give him one more year), Sharpe, Neil Webb my first United hero, Rooney, Yorke and Cole.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

richardson wasnt at all bad last night tbh, thought heinze was an accident waiting to happen at centre back and were it not for rob 'look at me' styles he would have been sent off and they would have been back in it.

how old is richardson btw? really dont get the excessive hate, i wonder if bardsley will get booed as well when he returns? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Richardson was 'megged for the forward to get into that position in the first place. If he'd even held him up slightly that almost certainly wouldn't have been a problem.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

when's the renewal deadline for season tickets? Is it post champions league final? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

some time in june last year iirc as i filled Mart's form in on the way back from our day trip to london for a kickabout

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by No Longer Bling:

TK did well except for a mad few minutes at the end. seems like a big confidence player in that a slight hiccup and he goes to pot. very lucky not to concede at the end. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't agree. He looked good throughout because they didn't really test him in the air. Once crosses came in he looked more lost than Watford in the premiership.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rcjuk:

I hereby accept the award for united thread user of the year. It's been a good year for us all and I know I've been pretty much fb all the way throughout the season. I'm smart, witty and hilarious in all honesty.

Anyway, thanks lads. It means alot to know I'm better than alot of you.

*lifts trophy high* </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was disappointed there was no 'user who's fallen off the hardest', as you were my first choice for that.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Young Jimlad:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nathan mufc fan:

Breaking news on SSN: We've agreed a fee to sign Anderson from Porto icon_eek.gif. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Are you kidding? Is this a joke? Its ****ing brilliant if it isn't... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

nope

Archived