The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From the NTL sport homepage

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Ritchie denies Tykes bid for Miller </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Got all exited - turns out to be about a Northampton player icon_frown.gif

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Zayd:

is vidic still on the mend then?

looks like i'm sticking with dawson in my dream team </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

back training, a week away from a game says Fergie. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

him or brown more likely to partner ferdinand?

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rcjuk:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by H.O.V.I:

Cheer up lads it might never happen </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

get out cretin </div></BLOCKQUOTE> icon_biggrin.gif

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alibaster:

I'm only 17 so give me a ****ing break. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't gaf how old you are, sunshine.

You are/were out of order. Ende story.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

west ham icon_cool.gif

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You just justified me wanting us to lose in Copenhagen icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

why on earth were you wanting us to lose? icon_confused.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I wasn't really, it was a jovial remark after the match asking if it was worth it or not to ruin gonch's night that got out of hand icon_biggrin.gif

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Skipper playing it cool

Gary Neville is refusing to get carried away in the title race despite United's six point lead over champions Chelsea.

The Reds' skipper said recently that he fully expects more twists and turns between now and May, and he has reiterated the need to stay calm over the coming months as United look, at the very least, to maintain their advantage over Jose Mourinho's men.

"Until the campaign gets to March I think we are still jostling for positions," the England right back is quoted as saying in the Manchester Evening News. "We are only just over halfway. It is not a race yet. People want to try and create a race and I can understand that.

"But as a player you just look to get to March and April. Then you have internationals returning and you could be in the mix in the Champions League and the FA Cup. That is when you are involved in a dogfight.

"At this moment in time it is still quite calm," he added. "We are not discussing championships and winning FA Cups or the Champions League. We just look to keep ourselves in a good position and keep our form.

"I am not going to say now that this Manchester United team are going to win the championship because I know full well that, with 16 games to go, in a week we could be 12 points clear or we could have our lead wiped away. That's the way a championship goes.

"For two or three years we haven't achieved what we would like to have achieved. But we are confident the way we are playing and we have a determination to do something."

Despite having seen the team underachieve over the last three seasons, the Reds' captain says he always expected United to get back on the track.

"I never feared that we wouldn't turn it around again in my time," insisted the defender who turns 32 next month. "The manager has said publicly over the last few years that we were in a period of transition with younger players and it would take time for them to mature and for us to develop as a team. That has happened.

"There was no doubt it was going to come back to a better level for us because we have good players. What you are seeing now are players playing to their capabilities.

"There are many challenges ahead of us in all competitions," he added. "It is exciting and something to be enjoyed. We are certainly not fearing it. We never fear any match at United. That just would never happen." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Basically Mark in disguise.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

I normally do too Matt, but I've not got the TV on so I thought I'd wait until MOTD for once..given up now.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Fair enough. icon14.gif

I am the most impatient person ever when it comes to wanting to know the scores of something asap, always have been. icon_biggrin.gif

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

Ruud carried us for his first three seasons, his contribution was massive. As it happens I still don't think he would make my top 10 in this, what is a very specific list. During 2001-2004 though he was out of this world. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, I agree with this. He was unbelievable. As has been pointed out, his quality at this time coupled with Fergie's insistence on including Veron because we weren't 'European' enough prompted a switch to a style that just didn't suit us. But that's not Ruud's fault, he was immense.

Agreeing with Mika. About Ruud. SHOCKING icon_frown.gif

To add to what Nick said:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Keeper joins Toffees

United goalkeeper Tim Howard will make his loan move to Everton permanent at the end of the season.

The 27-year-old USA international joined the Reds in the summer of 2003 from MLS side MetroStars as the successor to Febian Barthez.

He immediately impressed, saving the decisive penalty in the Community Shield against Arsenal on his debut.

Howard, who became the first American to play for United, was first choice for the Reds in his debut season at Old Trafford. He went on to be named in the PFA Best XI at the end of the campaign and picked up an FA Cup winners' medal.

The following season he shared goalkeeping duties with Roy Carroll. However, his opportunities were limited with the arrival of United's current No.1 Edwin van der Sar in 2005.

In May 2006, a deal was agreed with Everton for the New Jersey-born keeper to spend the season on loan at Goodison Park, where he has been first-choice under David Moyes.

Everyone at the club would like to wish Tim well in the future. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Best of luck to him, really thought we had struck gold with him at first but ah well.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

No, i'm saying that Boro would need the back up of the police or local health and safety licensing authority. How easy or difficult that would be for them to get is another question, as is whether the challenge cup committee would be more or less accomodating about such a request. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Boro have never asked for a reduction. It's always been the licensing authority forcing it upon them.

Boro have always said 'don't blame us gov' </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So my original statement that Boro can't force a reduction on their own was completely correct then?

I'll happily take being right totally by accident, i'm not proud icon_biggrin.gif

Nah, he'll go if we win the CL.

Opened up Soccernet and saw the headline 'Neville issues fans plea after bottle incident' and I thought 'ffs, this better be phil icon_mad.gif' even though i knew it'd be gaz.

but it was phil, wp icon14.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

alright question Stretford Enders

just got myself a ticket up there for Roma \o/

just wondering, as I have limited memory of the details from the occasional times I've been up there, if Row 40 is as far back/up as I think it is (as in the final row?) icon_biggrin.gif

not that I mind either way, but nice to picture exactly where I'll be sat icon_cool.gif

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

Arsenal are fighting for a Champions league place. They won't roll over for Chelsea. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

just like they haven't rolled over pathetically the last two weeks?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

ours haven't arrived yet icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The Girls Aloud tickets came yesterday tohugh

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived